PDA

View Full Version : My Two Cents

11-04-2004, 09:00 PM
I joined the forum 2 wks ago and have made over $7K in the last 2 wks. I do appreciate the buy & hold approach and will be leaning toward that approach as much as possible – but this is addicting!

tsptalk
11-05-2004, 12:24 AM
:l That's the problem with it. It's hard to go back to buy and hold once you get your hands dirty and make a few moves. Especially when it works out for you.

A lot of buy and holders came into this site with the same argument. Now they have active accounts here. Sorry guys. My fault :oo

Spaf
11-05-2004, 12:57 AM
Damn it!
I don't want to go out on a limb, unless absolutely necessary.

WW - Buy and hold works, if certain variables are in place i.e., buy low, sell high, compounding, good stocks, good advice, etc. BUT, this philosophy is so often used to take advantage of the novice investor that are not educated in investing, and where statistics are used to sell the _____bridge.

Knowning that investing has risk, requires some education and learning about investments and the market, or how this system works. Education, learning, trial, error, experience, listening to others, is what you need.

I can arrange the numbers to prove anything. Beware!So can they. There is no magic bullet for what we are doing. In fact, I think a lot of us are just having fun playing with the market, I know I am.

My investment company is mad at me for playing the market. They want buy and holders so that their managers can take sweet vacations at investors expense (called expense ratios in your portfolio).

After learning the lies of the investment companies. I have an account with XXXXtrades to kiss my investment companies goodby, just bidding my time, to take as much advantage of them as they took of me, or: revenge is so sweet!