PDA

View Full Version : Federal resume services ?????

47_Dodge
07-24-2008, 05:43 PM
Thinking of using one of the federal resume writing services available for a wage grade position on USA Jobs. Does anyone have any suggestions or comments? Please feel free to "private message" if necessary. :confused:

ChemEng
07-24-2008, 10:07 PM
Im not sure that I would use any of them *unless* they only get paid if you get hired. My scam factor is pretty high with most of the online resume services (federal and not).

Guest2
07-25-2008, 07:11 AM
Im not sure that I would use any of them *unless* they only get paid if you get hired. My scam factor is pretty high with most of the online resume services (federal and not).

I agree with ChemEng. I don't no of any that would hold payment until
hired. Its almost riskier then the market. Have you tried downloading
a resume program? Copy & Paste baby ! Copy & Paste !
;)

Frixxxx
07-25-2008, 10:22 AM
The easiest way to get considered for the job is to take the job description, balance it to your resume and post it. The "computerized" review of you resume is a rating on the "key words" from the job description. Now, I know this works cause I watched a guy get a job just by doing this. Fortunately, he had the "real" experience" but couldn't write worth a damn!

Good luck anyhow!:cool:

thinks
09-03-2008, 01:23 PM
Hi,
I was just going to start searching for this. I don't need it for the resume, but for the KSAs. Let me know if you discover anything useful and I'll do the same.

Hopefully, someone will come thru and post a tried and true.

Guest2
09-03-2008, 06:34 PM
Hi,
I was just going to start searching for this. I don't need it for the resume, but for the KSAs. Let me know if you discover anything useful and I'll do the same.

Hopefully, someone will come thru and post a tried and true.

I didn't get to read the entire thread and maybe I'm off with this small
suggestion, but I thought I'd this out there anyway;

When doing the KSA part of the Application Process (thru USAJobs), I
typed my responses within wordperfect,,,,did spell check,,,,read it over
a couple hundred time,,,,,tweeked some of the points,,,,,,AND

Copied & Pasted Each Response from my saved Wordperfect Documents.
Resume's were optional back then and I'm not sure if anythings changed
since the Jurassic Period, but I hope this helps !

If this ends up being off topic, please, just ignore the above. ;)