PDA

View Full Version : BIG COMMING RALLY !!!!

TheProphet
11-04-2004, 07:25 AM
Oopps... forgot to tell you I am 100 % S I think the the Dow is hitting to close to 12,000perhaps plus levels now... 100 % S....

Rod
11-04-2004, 08:08 AM
The markets may open lower today, but hopefully we'll see some definite green today!:cool:

God Bless:^

TheProphet
11-04-2004, 08:27 AM
Rod,

I was talking in the nest few weeks... or months... perhaps December... Mid Jan 05... till Apr/May or so... :^

Day to day... the seasonality chart is the bes indicator... or ramdom news... I think the trend is BULLISH... the cycle is BULLISH the Season is BULLISH and Random news always mixed... more bear than bullish... interest rate, oil prices, irak... etc... etc... etc... some profit taken... some financial reports... etc... seasonality charts is the best indicator...

Good Luck... andMany Profits....:^

Rod
11-04-2004, 03:20 PM
I'm glad I was 100%S today!:^

coolhand
11-04-2004, 04:02 PM
Rod - Felt good didn't it! Even though I wasn't fully invested on Wednesday, I still caught a good wave...not to mention today. As I don't have a crystal ball (ebay was all out) I didn't want to risk the outcome of the election by going 100% anything. That was a gut call that no data could have predicted (in my view).Peter Lynch himself can't make the right call every time. Right Pete... I mean Tom? :P

smedlap
11-04-2004, 04:03 PM
Rod, hello and good call. Probably counting that return right now! Big day today due to oil decline and tomorrow - employment report. I expect another positive day or hope that today hasn't taken the surge out of the market. Q is how many legs to a temporary pullback because this week has been sweet. I was I 100% and am S 100% tomorrow expecting a positve number. Today was a plaesant surprise, hope not too pleasant!.

Rod
11-04-2004, 04:20 PM
coolhand wrote:
Rod - Felt good didn't it! Even though I wasn't fully invested on Wednesday, I still caught a good wave...not to mention today. As I don't have a crystal ball (ebay was all out) I didn't want to risk the outcome of the election by going 100% anything. That was a gut call that no data could have predicted (in my view).Peter Lynch himself can't make the right call every time. Right Pete... I mean Tom? :P
Yeah... it was anALL gut callfor me!;)

Rod
11-04-2004, 04:23 PM
Thanx guys!:^ Yeah... it was a gut call for me, and hopefully the wave will continue for Friday.

But, I'll be 100%G for Monday.

smedlap
11-04-2004, 05:09 PM
Rod, why G on Monday. You're feeling a pullback after a plausibly good labor report? Why not drifting to I with the dollar continuing to weaken? Your thoughts or Tom's

tsptalk
11-04-2004, 09:47 PM
smedlap wrote:
Rod, why G on Monday. You're feeling a pullback after a plausibly good labor report? Why not drifting to I with the dollar continuing to weaken? Your thoughts or Tom's
The market is getting extremely overbought and the dollar can't go straight down forever. I plan to wait for a bounce in the dollar before I get into the I fund. I also thing the market will take a breather but it won't be a severe pullback.

tsptalk
11-04-2004, 09:53 PM
coolhand wrote:
That was a gut call that no data could have predicted (in my view).Peter Lynch himself can't make the right call every time. Right Pete... I mean Tom? :P
Huh? Pete? Tom? :?

Thanks for therational post coolhand. Some people seem to expect me to be on the sidelines on every down day and fully invested, in the best fund, onup days.

Mike
11-05-2004, 02:04 AM
I'm in the best fund on these up days: G. My zero return is kicking the **** out of your big gains! :P

Who can resist the lure of the nice, safe, zero?

Rod
11-05-2004, 04:11 AM
smedlap wrote:
Historically, Mondays are not good days. I'm sure there will be some pullback.

ou81200
11-05-2004, 04:53 AM
I'm currently 50% C and 50% S. I just put in an order for 50 % G and 50 %F effective Monday morning. Two reasons. Like Tom I too think the market will have a breather. And two, I'm going on a week long deer hunting trip. :l( Sorry for you working guys):(

Just need to play it safe while I'm gone. Don't want to lose these hard earned gains.

coolhand
11-05-2004, 05:33 AM
I too am 50% C and 50% S at the moment. Futures seem to be relatively stable, but I'm going to wait for the employment report (which briefing.com thinks will remain steady at 5.4%).

If there are no surprises or we havegood news in today's reports I may decide to bail to the "G" fund today (especially if it appears we will have another "up" day :)). If it goes downhill I'llstay put and ride it out.

lifer
11-05-2004, 06:45 AM
I'm currently PCS-ing to Kahdifawnia and don't get to check the funds daily. With the recent rally following the election, I've decided to go 50% G and 25% S and C effective today. I'm worried there might be a post election hangover come Monday, but it's just a "gut" feeling, and since I can't stay on top of things I feel safer spreading things out.

Any other thoughts about Monday?

ou81200
11-05-2004, 08:55 AM
Lifer---

Judging by the jobs report that came out and thhe way the market started this morning. IMO, today will be good to stay invested. I think there willbe a small rally this morning with retracment this afternoon.

Right now, we're in unchartered territory. Since next week I wont be able to stay with the market news like I would like. I'm retreating to the G & F funds.

Any gains today will be a unexpected pleasant surprise. But the market has got to correct itself sometime. Question is when.

Rod
11-05-2004, 08:59 AM
lifer wrote:
I'm currently PCS-ing to Kahdifawnia and don't get to check the funds daily. With the recent rally following the election, I've decided to go 50% G and 25% S and C effective today. I'm worried there might be a post election hangover come Monday, but it's just a "gut" feeling, and since I can't stay on top of things I feel safer spreading things out.

Any other thoughts about Monday?

I believe that's a decent allocation since you can't keep an eye on it. When I PCS in Jan, I'll probably do something similar.

I also believe Monday may not be so hot.

smedlap
11-05-2004, 10:19 AM
Well, now that the cat is out of the box with a great employment report, what is next. Ah! The Fed meeting next week in which rates are expected to rise. Do what you think as I think this market is going higher. Profit taking may occur at the end of today. But, I think for the first time I will go to G Monday and wait out. It is a risk but I play for fun,not the need. As posted on another forum, one can never day trade. But you can play the weekly spped bumps!!

11-05-2004, 10:59 AM
The past 5 Mondays have been up, you may want to check your "shorter term" charts. Who cares about 2 or 3 years ago. We were bearish then..............

11-05-2004, 11:24 AM
Is it just me or does it seem like there are about 10 million different topics going on at once all of a sudden?

smedlap
11-05-2004, 11:27 AM
Thanks milkman. Agree, but... My read is that the market is right now struggling to go higherfollowing blistering positive employment numbers. Next week we have the FMOC meeting with interest rates projected 0.25% higher. I'm looking at sentiment and players maybe temporarily taking profits off the table after a strong market run up. Oil is the only unknown which is projected to continue to drop over the next 2 months. I think I will reenter after the FMOC. Your thoughts.