PDA

View Full Version : So where do I start

Will
06-25-2008, 10:06 PM
Hello

Well I am new to the hole TSP thing I am the type of person I like to keep my Cash Hinden away at the house or in a hole in the back yard. BUt I have learned I need to move it and let it work for me. So where do I start what Fund Will help me make money how does this whole thing work.

Will

Guest2
06-26-2008, 02:18 AM
Will, welcome aboard, have fun and be patient as there's lots to read.
You'll find the membership pleasant and helpful. Good Luck to you. ;)

By the way, don't mind the shovel, I hear my neighbor keeps his cash
in the back yard, hope he don't have a dog ! :nuts:

James48843
06-26-2008, 05:35 AM
The trick when you find yourself digging at hole is....stop digging.

Now is probably a crazy time to try to strat to buy into the market- but...you never know. This could turn around perfectly tomorrow. Home values could suddenly start to rise, the price of oil could suddenly start to fall. Foreclosures could suddenly stop, and people could suddenly start to get good jobs again. People could suddenly start being able to pay off their credit cards, and we could suddenly have a bustling economy....

Or then again, we MAY have to wait until January 21st, 2009 for all that to take place.

Welcome. And this is a great place to learn. Look around, and start reading threads. You'll find a lot of great information here.

kar_crazy
06-26-2008, 07:50 AM
welcome to the MB lots to learn from, not me shoot i am to busy giving than receiving:D any way G L

EW_ret
06-26-2008, 08:16 AM
Welcome to our forums. You can join our Automated Tracker once you have 10 posts. Read the Automated Tracker Rules in my signature. Click Members Ranking (http://www.tsptalk.com/tracker/tsp_user_balance_all.php) to see the current return rankings of our members.

nnuut
06-26-2008, 09:17 AM
Welcome to the Message Board Will, best of luck.
Norman:D

Frixxxx
06-26-2008, 09:23 AM
Welcome Will,

It is best to read the "Fund threads" and watch the account talks. People put the strangest things in there!

See ya around!:cool:

marcel54
06-26-2008, 01:04 PM
Welcome aboard Will,

I have also just started on this site this month and have found the moderators advice very educational. I watch Show-me, nnuut & EW_ret so far. One method here is the Last Month's Best Fund (LMBF) Method. It might be a good place to start for your investments until you feel more comfortable.

Good Luck :cool:

Steadygain
06-26-2008, 09:19 PM
Well I am new to the hole TSP thing I am the type of person I like to keep my Cash Hinden away at the house or in a hole in the back yard. BUt I have learned I need to move it and let it work for me. So where do I start what Fund Will help me make money how does this whole thing work.

Will,
The best place to start is going 100% S Fund - and simply ignore any negative comments from the rest of the MB. :nuts::blink:

In the financial world we would call this a "BULL MARKET" with a G52XM reverse candlestick - in otherwords it's a Bull Market working on a reverse pattern - so ironically it actually appears to be a "BEAR MARKET" - when in fact it is a BULL in the XM pattern. Today is probably the best example - as "looks can be deceiving"

Well anyway - it's good to have you on board and make sure you join the Auto Tracker. :D

Rule 203 Section 1904 - Mandates to acknowledge that the stated comments do not neccessarily reflect true and accurate information and are most lilkely FOS.

tsptalk
06-26-2008, 11:37 PM
Welcome! You've come to the right place. These folks will be able to help.

This will help you get around the site... Site Map (http://www.tsptalk.com/sitemap.html)

Will
06-29-2008, 09:39 PM
I guess from the sound of all this I guess it is a good time to start cuase everything is low and should start gaining sometime soon we Hope.

Will

Guest2
06-30-2008, 04:30 AM
I guess from the sound of all this I guess it is a good time to start cuase everything is low and should start gaining sometime soon we Hope.

Will

Don't jump in all the way. There is room for the market to go down, yet
further. If you think this is the right time, why not invest half of what
you can put in. Then, should the other shoe drop, you can put the other
half in at a lower price per share. Food For Thought ! :o

Steadygain
07-01-2008, 03:51 PM
Don't jump in all the way. There is room for the market to go down, yet
further. If you think this is the right time, why not invest half of what
you can put in. Then, should the other shoe drop, you can put the other
half in at a lower price per share. Food For Thought ! :o

Or you could always join me - Birchtree - KC - Buster - Norm - ShowMe and the rest of the Special Forces group and we'll paint up your face and arms - load you up with a machine gun - and push you out of the plane.

The Markets have been hit hard - so when you land just start firing away and wait for the plane to take you back up.

10-4 Roger Over and Out

JTH
07-01-2008, 04:23 PM

Will

The best advise I can give is to not take anyone's advise. I've seen every single person on this site call it wrong more then once. Some folks just have balls of steel while others are just plain delusional. It's not much different then the talking heads on CNBC.

Don't get me wrong, there are some brillant folks here, but those folks would never advise you on how to invest your money because that's your responcibility.

Cheers... :rolleyes:

Scout333
07-01-2008, 05:17 PM
Will, its kind of like the daddy whose son was going off to college. He pulled out the curriculum and found out that the program his son was going into was very difficult and would take five years to graduate from. Wasn't sure his son could do it so he went to talk to the Dean of the College about possibly allowing his son to take some easier courses so he could graduate early. The wise old Dean told him well, we grow mighty oaks here and that takes awhile. If you want squash we can give you all you want in about three months. Which do you want your son to be? :) Will, Study hard, learn all you can, and be one of the mighty oaks on this website! There are some very smart people on this site but no one is right all the time. Its your money and your future!! Best of luck!

Steadygain
07-01-2008, 06:01 PM
The best advise I can give is to not take anyone's advise. I've seen every single person on this site call it wrong more then once. Some folks just have balls of steel while others are just plain delusional. It's not much different then the talking heads on CNBC.

Don't get me wrong, there are some brillant folks here, but those folks would never advise you on how to invest your money because that's your responcibility.

Cheers... :rolleyes:

Amen !! to that my friend.

This is undoubted the "Best Quote" for the week.

Guest2
07-01-2008, 07:30 PM
Everyone has honorable intentions when it comes to their studies and gut
feelings about the market. A few old school members have enough under
their belt to get a degree in finance & investing. But when you get right
down to it, there are no crystal balls, fortune telling monkeys, astrologic
alignments nor educational techniques that will always be right. This is
not the intent of our membership. It's intent is to help you, to be more
right, then wrong. At least, thats my impression. Tools to use, or not to
use. Information is power, but bad information is dangerous. Always keep
that in mind upon reaching your own conclusions and making your own
decisions. Coming from a guy hows made his fair share (and then some)
of bad calls, I finish this rant by reminding my readers to look down at
my signature and read it well. It's a real clue to everything I do.
;)

poolman
07-01-2008, 07:56 PM
Everyone has honorable intentions when it comes to their studies and gut
feelings about the market. A few old school members have enough under
their belt to get a degree in finance & investing. But when you get right
down to it, there are no crystal balls, fortune telling monkeys, astrologic
alignments nor educational techniques that will always be right. This is
not the intent of our membership. It's intent is to help you, to be more
right, then wrong. At least, thats my impression. Tools to use, or not to
use. Information is power, but bad information is dangerous. Always keep
that in mind upon reaching your own conclusions and making your own
decisions. Coming from a guy hows made his fair share (and then some)
of bad calls, I finish this rant by reminding my readers to look down at
my signature and read it well. It's a real clue to everything I do.
;)

I Agree...:) Get educated and Figure it out yourself...:sick: I've been doing this for 20 year's + and there are no Guarentess..:cheesy: