PDA

View Full Version : annual preventive health diagnosis/screening

DCguy
06-10-2008, 02:38 PM
who here does annual preventive health screening? I asked a doctor lately about it after reading about it on a news paper. I wanted to do everything, including blood test, x-ray, bone density, CT, and etc, but my doctor tells me he never had a patient like me asking for all sorts of tests. All he can allow me to do is blood test unless I'm sick and requires these tests. So, my question is does anyone here know a good place to do these tests in DC/VA/MD? thx.

luv2read
06-10-2008, 02:58 PM
who here does annual preventive health screening? I asked a doctor lately about it after reading about it on a news paper. I wanted to do everything, including blood test, x-ray, bone density, CT, and etc, but my doctor tells me he never had a patient like me asking for all sorts of tests. All he can allow me to do is blood test unless I'm sick and requires these tests. So, my question is does anyone here know a good place to do these tests in DC/VA/MD? thx.
Check with your agency. Most of them have a "wellness" program and you can get all this done once a year. They've contracted with a health clinic for these services. If your agency is unionized, check with the Union.

CorMaGa34
06-13-2008, 07:57 AM

If you have an annual medical exam, your insurance will pay for all if not most of these tests. Once I turned 50 I had my first electrocardiogram along with the rest of the annual tests, blood levels, x-rays, all paid for by my insurance company, and I eventually also had a colonoscopy (they put you to sleep so it's real easy if you are shy like me;)) also all paid for. Also, start early on annual prostate exams. He never thought it was necessary for me to have a bone density test because of my physical conditions, but at my place of work we have a HEALTH FAIR once a year, and they would do all kinds of screen tests, vision, blood work for cholesterol levels, blood pressure, etc plus that's how I got my bone density tested once a year.

Congratulations, DCGuy, prevention is the key to having a healthy and happy life!

CorMaGa34 :cool: