PDA

View Full Version : Transfer 11/02 for 11/03/04

tsptalk
11-02-2004, 08:28 AM
As a precaution in the face of possible gridlock in the election, I talked myself into moving to 50% G, 50% S fund. I will make the transfer this morning before the deadline and I will be in the new allocation for Wednesday.

As of now, I plan to move back to 100% S fund for Thursday but of course that could change.

Thanks,
Tom

puertorico
11-02-2004, 09:28 AM
Tom u playing very good :^.Grab the profit ,I like it :).

I'm greedy right now 70-c 30-s :s...me....stay....put....:s

ufranek
11-02-2004, 09:38 AM
I will try to ride it out. :oo
50% - C, 50% - S.

CheapShot
11-02-2004, 12:11 PM
What ever happened to always go with your first instinct Tom....

Still 100% S.

11-02-2004, 12:40 PM
Tom, you also made me think. I have been 50-75% S for some time, for a short time 10% C, with 15%G (for potential buying opportunities). But now I think I will slowly bag some of my gain, and take some off the table. Initiated a move today (before12) to go 50%G, and stay 50% S.

Ialso beleive the market will continue to rally--either way Bush or Kerry. AS a matter of fact I beleive with crude oil retreating the way it did, we are in for a big lift. So I am essentailly hedging against a protracted legal battle for the Presidency.

Looking to jump back in tomorrow or Thursday, especially if there is a "confused" down tick in the market.

tsptalk
11-02-2004, 07:09 PM
CheapShot wrote:
What ever happened to always go with your first instinct Tom....

Still 100% S.

My instincts aren't very good. ;) I usually go with indicators. This was a capital preservation move.

Also, there are a lot of folks who follow my moves and if we get that gridlock selloff, I will have a lot of unhappy TSP'ers looking for me. :shock:

tsptalk
11-02-2004, 07:35 PM
retire rich wrote:
Looking to jump back in tomorrow or Thursday, especially if there is a "confused" down tick in the market.

Yeah, me too. I just hope it doesn't last for weeks like 2000.

tsptalk
11-02-2004, 10:16 PM
The overnight futures market is loving what they are seeing in the election. The S&P 500 futures are up 7.00 and the Nasdaq up 15.00.
"Better safe than sorry" is overrated. :(:D Whose idea was that? :'

tsptalk
11-03-2004, 12:17 AM
tsptalk wrote:
The overnight futures market is loving what they are seeing in the election. The S&P 500 futures are up 7.00 and the Nasdaq up 15.00.

Make that 15.00 and 30.00 now. :^

BUT NOW ...

It is 2:30 am ET and we still don't have a winner. John Edwards just spoke and basically said we want to make sure every vote was counted. So, no concession and no absolute winner. Here we go.

Mike
11-03-2004, 03:05 AM
I think it's safe to say Bush won re-election. However, with the situation in Ohio, they won't count those provisional ballots for a few days - so it won't be "official" 'til then. With Kerry-Edwards not conceding, that might be enough to spook the markets, even though this isn't nearly as close as 2000 was.

coolhand
11-03-2004, 03:27 AM
Mike wrote:
I think it's safe to say Bush won re-election. However, with the situation in Ohio, they won't count those provisional ballots for a few days - so it won't be "official" 'til then. With Kerry-Edwards not conceding, that might be enough to spook the markets, even though this isn't nearly as close as 2000 was.

I guess I'm not the only one with insomnia. I agree. I plan onchanging my position to 50% C and 50% S today.

Rod
11-03-2004, 07:45 AM
Mike wrote:

Investors aren't spooked in the least. To my surprise, expect a BIG rally today!:^

Mike
11-03-2004, 08:40 AM
Rod wrote:
Mike wrote:

Investors aren't spooked in the least. To my surprise, expect a BIG rally today!:^

I should've known this would happen. Damn Tom. :P

S&P has now established a new upward trend by breaking through the previous high (and after having established a higher low)... so the C fund is now bullish. Now I have to decide if I want to buy back in after what is likely to be a big up day or simply wait for an inevitable pullback further down the line.

Rod
11-03-2004, 09:05 AM
Mike wrote:
Rod wrote:
Mike wrote:

S&P has now established a new upward trend by breaking through the previous high (and after having established a higher low)... so the C fund is now bullish. Now I have to decide if I want to buy back in after what is likely to be a big up day or simply wait for an inevitable pullback further down the line.

I know Mike...:? I don't care though... I'm buying back in before it gets "too pricey".

I also believe the market will have even more of a boost when Bush personally announces his victory. That could very well come today.

God Bless:^

11-03-2004, 09:23 AM
Well half a loaf is better then no loaf. Guess my fears ran amuck...should have stuck to my "guns". But hey, I'm gellin' it will be alright.

Hey Tom, with the way the market is looking now, it will be a little pricey to jump back in. What will the "smart" money do today at the close? Will there be a slight pull back, or do you expect this train to really run wild?

I would like to get back in, don't know whether C or S, but would like to leverage my equity position a little more.

Currently 50% G, 50% S

tsptalk
11-03-2004, 09:19 PM
retire rich wrote:
Hey Tom, with the way the market is looking now, it will be a little pricey to jump back in. What will the "smart" money do today at the close? Will there be a slight pull back, or do you expect this train to really run wild?

Sorry rich, I can't check the board during my work hours anymore.I guess the market gave you your answer, although later than you wanted to know. :?

Tom

tsptalk
11-03-2004, 09:51 PM
Mike wrote:

If we stayed in 100% S,Kerry would be president and the market would have went down. That was quite a sacrifice we made for the good of the members. :D

Rod
11-04-2004, 02:15 AM
tsptalk wrote:
Mike wrote:

If we stayed in 100% S,Kerry would be president and the market would have went down. That was quite a sacrifice we made for the good of the members. :D
Exactly!;) We really did do the smart thing though, because we simply didn't know how things were going to pan out. It was just too risky.

gunner
11-04-2004, 06:26 AM
Friday, as in Texas Holdem'I moved all-in. 50% C and 50% S.

Some days you're just lucky!!!

tsptalk
11-04-2004, 09:19 AM
gunner wrote:
Friday, as in Texas Holdem'I moved all-in. 50% C and 50% S.

I think I picked up a tell. I call.

:)
(poker humor)

bud
11-04-2004, 09:39 AM
According to the TSPMONEY site....the I fund has had the biggest return in the past 5 days, 10 days, 30 days, 100 days, etc. If this is so, why the big slant towards "S"??

tsptalk
11-04-2004, 10:08 AM
bud wrote:
According to the TSPMONEY site....the I fund has had the biggest return in the past 5 days, 10 days, 30 days, 100 days, etc. If this is so, why the big slant towards "S"??
Because of the dollar (http://www.tsptalk.com/comments.html).

The chart of the dollar is toward the middle of this forum... http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/view_topic.php?id=621&forum_id=22&jump_to=6765#p67 65