PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee's "Joke"

James48843
05-17-2008, 09:02 PM
Yesterday, at the NRA convention, former presidential candidate Mike Huckabee made a joke about
Presidential Candidate Barack Obama, saying "Somebody aimed a gun at him, and he dove for the floor..."

H8zBYx3RigI

The mainstream media hasn't publushed much about this- except for this comment, from MSNBC:
Tn9lTpZyBxk

What do you think?

Simply poor taste on the part of Huckabee? Or should this story have more traction?

Should Huckabee apologize?

rokid
05-17-2008, 09:50 PM
What do you think?

Simply poor taste on the part of Huckabee? Or should this story have more traction?

I have to believe that Huckabee had a momentary lapse in judgment. Even the NRA audience didn't seem to find
his ad lib funny.

In addition, I think it would be very appropriate for him to apologize to Obama. If not in public, at least in private.

Finally, he'll need to pray every night that a lunatic doesn't actually decide to point a gun at Obama. :cool:

ChemEng
05-17-2008, 11:25 PM
I thought the joke was that Huckabee believes the Republican party is the one of smaller government that wants to keep its hands off of us. Hilarious!

James48843
05-18-2008, 06:03 AM
I thought the joke was that Huckabee believes the Republican party is the one of smaller government that wants to keep its hands off of us. Hilarious!

You have a very good point there....

XL-entLady
05-18-2008, 10:00 AM
A very wise bear named Squale recently said something about the fact that he votes for who he thinks will do the best for his family rather than for political party. It's a great thought and one I try to remember as well (although I do admit that over 30+ years of voting I've morphed from being Republican to being an Independent for a couple of decades, to being a recently declared Democrat).

But I digress.

One thing that happened this political season made me more proud than ever of my country. And that is that I can choose from among the best people who are running for office, rather than choosing from among the best WASP males who are running for office. It's been a long time coming.

Don't get me wrong. I've nothing against WASPs. A WASP male has been my best friend and housemate for 36 years.

But I have been excited by the fact that this country has matured to the point that a person doesn't have to be a white anglo-saxon protestant male in order to be successful in national politics.

My one fear has been that some wacko racist or fundamentalist will decide s/he has to 'save the country' by taking one of the candidates out. So I think that Huckabee's ad lib was a huge mistake, and he should publicly acknowledge it as such.

JMHO,
Lady

rokid
05-18-2008, 10:44 AM
he should publicly acknowledge it as such.

He did apologize on this morning's Meet The Press.:)------Jim

CountryBoy
05-18-2008, 02:19 PM

That's kinda the way I took it also. :confused:

CB

Miss_Piggy
05-18-2008, 02:51 PM
What do you think?

How can someone apologize for being themselves? I call it social retardation.
That seems to be a criteria for electing Presidents these days http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj217/mptsp/smileys/crazy/ZG_06D17.gif