PDA

View Full Version : IPO

camper65
04-20-2008, 06:26 PM
I'm looking to jump in tomorrow for an IPO,
intrepidpotash.com
Ticker IPI
Any advice out there?
this will be my first venture into IPO"s.

FUTURESTRADER
04-20-2008, 07:04 PM
I'm looking to jump in tomorrow for an IPO,
intrepidpotash.com
Ticker IPI
Any advice out there?
this will be my first venture into IPO"s.

http://www.ipohome.com/default.asp
IPO News Archive

Potassium chloride producer Intrepid Potash revises IPO terms
4/17/2008

Intrepid Potash, the largest US-based producer of potash, amended the terms for its IPO in a filing with the SEC on Thursday. The company had originally planned to offer 24 million shares at an expected range of $24-$26. According to the latest filing, Intrepid now anticipates an offering of 30 million shares at a range of $27-$29. Under the new terms, net proceeds from the offering would be $787.1 million, 41% larger than expected in previous filings. Goldman Sachs, Merrill Lynch and Morgan Stanley are the lead underwriters on the deal, which is expected to price on or about April 21.

I made a killing on IPOs in 99 n 2000, but it was by getting the shares before they went public, by having accounts at the various underwriters. According to IPOhome, it hasn't priced yet, but it has raised it's terms considerably, which is a VERY good sign. Usually a 10-30% pop when it opens over it's final pricing. I got some 'moonshots' in 99, 2000. 200%-300%, 800% on 'Webmethods' (WEBM). Increased pricing/shares 'was' almost a gaurantee of big opening pop over previous nite's pricing. Good luck :)

FUTURESTRADER
04-20-2008, 07:16 PM
Also, pricing at the high end of the range, or above it's range!

camper65
04-20-2008, 07:21 PM
Thanks for the info!
The way i see it, Agriculture will be on the rise.
Something to have a piece of.

FUTURESTRADER
04-22-2008, 04:20 PM
Thanks for the info!
The way i see it, Agriculture will be on the rise.
Something to have a piece of.

Hey Camper,

You get any IPI? Priced at $32, looks like it opened around 46, closed at 50.40