PDA

View Full Version : Can't Browse Forum w/o Logging In

Miss_Piggy
04-19-2008, 10:18 AM
This morning I couldn't access forum without formally logging in. That never happened before when I just wanted to read and browse. Is anyone else experiencing this?

rokid
04-19-2008, 10:34 AM
Miss Piggy,

I also couldn't view the forum without logging in.------Jim

grandma
04-19-2008, 10:41 AM
I hate it, but I do approve, considering the information that has been shared with us the past few days r/t non-members browsing our chats for their own malevolent paths.:notrust:

FUTURESTRADER
04-19-2008, 12:38 PM
I like it...One small victory for us little guys :) Good job Tom and Co. It's amazing that it has come to this. Having to strategize tactics against a government agency that is suppose to help us. G. Long and company giving the agency a bad name, essentially spying on this board, to settle personal vendettas, while hiding behind the TSP name. Treading on thin ice if you ask me, Mr. Long. I'm sure they can still monitor this.

Wrngway
04-19-2008, 01:40 PM
Good! Only folks who want to actively participate on the board should be here. Those who abuse it, the TSP managers of all things, shouldn't be here.

rokid
04-19-2008, 09:17 PM
OK, I just logged out and I can't get on the board - read only.

I log back in and there's 27 members (logged in) and 127 guests (not logged in?).

Is Tom just blocking the liberals? Buy-and-holders? :cheesy:-----Jim

Miss_Piggy
04-19-2008, 10:32 PM
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj217/mptsp/smileys/lol/lol.gif You must have had one too many Jim. http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj217/mptsp/smileys/happy/C_10CH162.gif I consider myself the most paranoid liberal on this site.

PS You know Tom never confirmed this issue with logging in. He is usually pretty up front with these things.

tsptalk
04-19-2008, 11:54 PM
Just trying something new as there seems to be some retaliatory issues for some members' posts. It may be just temporary.

The guests you see online are just search engine spiders crawling the web.

Guest2
04-20-2008, 06:51 AM
Tom, Bravo ! Auto-Complete makes it easy enough to log-in
fast. I'm all for "members" as opposed to browsers. I'm all for it !
:)

tsptalk
04-20-2008, 12:30 PM
Rethinking it, I don't want to discourage new folks from lurking for a while before deciding to become an active participant. What I will do is make only the TSP Trading Limits forum password protected.

Of course most anyone who wants to become a member will be able to come in a read it, but it won't be available to unregistered readers.

I will play with options as we go because I am not totally sold on the idea of blocking everything. It insinuates that we have something to hide. Some members may have a reason to hide because of fear of retaliation, and I understand that. I will work one on one with anyone who feels they are being singled out and want some protection.

This has always been a public forum and we have to remember that when posting something. The internet is having an interesting affect on society. People, particularly those in the spotlight like CEO's, pro athletes, entertainers, etc., realize any move they make can be put online in a blog, photo, or video for the world to see. We may end up with a more behaved population but at the cost of living in an Orwellian / Big Brother society.