PDA

View Full Version : USGubmintGenEngineer signing in...

USGubmintGenEnginer
04-12-2008, 08:12 PM
Yep, I'm the one giving the authors on fedsmith so much static..LOL

Experience:

Trading stocks, index options, stock options, & ETFs. (12 years)
Advisor for options traders & Mutual fund switching. (1 year)
Founded and manged a very popular trading forum on yahoo for 2 years.

No experiece:

Never traded stock futures, index futures, commodities, currencies, overseas anything, or bonds.

Currently very actively managing my TSP account. TSP profits +7.8% for the 1st Quarter of this year, vs. -9.48% for the C Fund.

Howdy!

tsptalk
04-12-2008, 08:39 PM
Welcome! Sounds like you will be a great addition to the forum. And I believe you have the longest name on the board. :)

Guest2
04-13-2008, 12:59 AM
I believe you have the longest name on the board.

I can't pronounce your name correctly, can you spell that for me ?
:cheesy: (LoL) !
Welcome to the madness, I look forward to reading your entries !
Oh yes, a nickname is in order ! Any suggestions out there ?

nnuut
04-13-2008, 08:36 AM
Welcome USGubmintGenEngineer (USGGE):D Best of luck with your investments. Enjoy!
Norman:D

Show-me
04-13-2008, 09:49 AM
Yep, I'm the one giving the authors on fedsmith so much static..LOL

Experience:

Trading stocks, index options, stock options, & ETFs. (12 years)
Advisor for options traders & Mutual fund switching. (1 year)
Founded and manged a very popular trading forum on yahoo for 2 years.

No experiece:

Never traded stock futures, index futures, commodities, currencies, overseas anything, or bonds.

Currently very actively managing my TSP account. TSP profits +7.8% for the 1st Quarter of this year, vs. -9.48% for the C Fund.

Howdy!

Well done and welcome!

EW_ret
04-13-2008, 11:07 AM
Welcome to our forums. You can join our Automated Tracker once you have 10 posts. Read the Automated Tracker Rules in my signature. Click Members Ranking (http://www.tsptalk.com/tracker/tsp_user_balance_all.php) to see the current return rankings of our members.

Scout333
04-16-2008, 04:39 PM
I can't pronounce your name correctly, can you spell that for me ?
:cheesy: (LoL) !
Welcome to the madness, I look forward to reading your entries !
Oh yes, a nickname is in order ! Any suggestions out there ?

How about GGE?

Asylum
04-16-2008, 10:03 PM
i'm a DoD enginerd mehself

USGubmintGenEnginer
04-23-2008, 10:51 PM
Thanks everyone. I had for the 1st time ever a virus attack on my puter immediately after I posted here for the 1st time. It took 3 days to resolve the issue and thankfully I have all the software required now to resolve these problems. Strange, but that never happened before and it has happened 4 times since then, but the software caught & cleaned them immediately.

I did not play this up swing, mainly because of my puter problem and I don't habitually chase a fast-moving market. I did sort the cubes today quite heavily in my personal trading account somewhere near the high with the QID. We'll have to watch this area carefully, because we are right at a breakout area and the market really wants to move up. Also, a very good probability of a tradable move south from the top today in all indexes.

I'll be looking to add to short positions in the energy and metals area as we near FOMC next week, tentatively of course. Metals are already cracking with GDX down 18.7% already. This is telling us the buck is about to move, which is telling us the fed is not going to move again. That should move the commodities south, some of them robustly. I cannot see the fed moving again as it would place the inflation scenario in very precarious light. Lots and lots of hype/momentum built into energy and metals. Energy has utile demand, unlike metals, so it will wait for the some confirmation prior to motoring.

Good luck and do be careful. A big move is coming and it should be without mercy. Semis were cranking for the upmove but something has to be the screen and maybe they were chosen - time will tell.

All the best,

USGGE