PDA

View Full Version : TSP Limited Lifted on Request, appears case by case.

nsurf9
04-08-2008, 11:05 AM
TO ALL

I can effect IFT by internet and/or phone (2 per month) as a result of my request (in another thread in IFT limits) to Long, et. al.

Chris, a supervisor at TSP, confirmed that the "IFT by mail sanction" had been lifted on me because of my request. I also had a different TSP employee effect a IFT funds to "F" and then confirm the IFT. I later had TSP cancel the trade to save my 2 IFTs. The abatement may have been because I stated that, although I did not receive the warning letter not to trade, I was nonetheless sanctioned and did receive the certified letter. Also, possibly because I only had 4 trades during Jan, Feb, 2008.

I found this out today 4/8/08, at 11:30am, as a result my call to TSP to let them know how much money I had lost in potential gains, since April 1, as a result of its sanction.

Note, I tell the supervisor that because no such information appears on the TSP site that I would post what, in effect, I am posting now.

Obviously, my advice is to fax in your request, site low trades, if applicable. And, state that you didn't get the warning letter (if applicable) or that you didn't understand the criteria.

You may want to test with a IFT anyway.

Good Luck - see you back on the tracking board.

nsurf9

Asylum
04-08-2008, 11:13 AM
The back-pedaling has begun..???

:)

Edit: you really should post this in your Tracker Talk Thread as well... a lot of peeps read your posts there.

nsurf9
04-08-2008, 11:24 AM
I now have a letter from Pamela-Jeanne Morgan, TSP, Director, Office of Participant Services confirming, officially, the lift of the santion. I can't get it scanned right now, but the salent sentencesis

"This is in response to your letter of Aprili 1, 2008, seeking an exeption to the decision, conveyed in (TSPs) March 13, 2008 letter."

"In your letter, you state that you did not receive the initial Interfund Transfer Restriction Warning letter dated January 24, 2008."

"Your leter has been reviewed and your request has been granted. You may continue to submit your IFT request via our Web . . . or by calling . . ."

weatherweenie
04-08-2008, 11:25 AM
I'm on the phone with a TSP supervisor, Tracy. She's saying they can't lift the restriction. She said the only one/people that 'might' be able to do anything would be members of the board. She gave me the number to call them, 202-942-1460.

TO ALL

I can effect IFT by internet and/or phone (2 per month) as a result of my request (in another thread in IFT limits) to Long, et. al.

Chris, a supervisor at TSP, confirmed that the "IFT by mail sanction" had been lifted on me because of my request. I also had a different TSP employee effect a IFT funds to "F" and then confirm the IFT. I later had TSP cancel the trade to save my 2 IFTs. The abatement may have been because I stated that, although I did not receive the warning letter not to trade, I was nonetheless sanctioned and did receive the certified letter. Also, possibly because I only had 4 trades during Jan, Feb, 2008.

I found this out today 4/8/08, at 11:30am, as a result my call to TSP to let them know how much money I had lost in potential gains, since April 1, as a result of its sanction.

Note, I tell the supervisor that because no such information appears on the TSP site that I would post what, in effect, I am posting now.

Obviously, my advice is to fax in your request, site low trades, if applicable. And, state that you didn't get the warning letter (if applicable) or that you didn't understand the criteria.

You may want to test with a IFT anyway.

Good Luck - see you back on the tracking board.

nsurf9

nsurf9
04-08-2008, 11:28 AM
I now have a letter from Pamela-Jeanne Morgan, TSP, Director, Office of Participant Services confirming, officially, the lift of the santion. I can't get it scanned right now, but the salent sentencesis

"This is in response to your letter of Aprili 1, 2008, seeking an exeption to the decision, conveyed in (TSPs) March 13, 2008 letter."

"In your letter, you state that you did not receive the initial Interfund Transfer Restriction Warning letter dated January 24, 2008."

"Your letter has been reviewed and your request has been granted. You may continue to submit your IFT request via our Web . . . or by calling . . ."

weatherweenie
04-08-2008, 11:28 AM
Who did you send your original letter to? Did you mail or fax the letter?

"Your leter has been reviewed and your request has been granted. You may continue to submit your IFT request via our Web . . . or by calling . . ."

camper65
04-08-2008, 11:32 AM

Could you reenter Name / address were your request was sent?

Thanks

weatherweenie
04-08-2008, 11:37 AM
Could you reenter Name / address were your request was sent?

Thanks

Just called the board office.

I was told that I/we could fax a letter to Gregory Long stating our case to: 202-942-1451

FUTURESTRADER
04-08-2008, 01:09 PM
For snailmailers: I made a snailmail IFT request on April 1st. I just now tried to make an IFT but am still locked out, however the IFT request I mailed on April 1 has been posted and is effective COB today. I mailed from Laurel, MD, regular mail

Guest2
04-08-2008, 01:11 PM
I sent two emails to Mr. Gregory Long. I requested the lifting of my snail
mail restriction and received "email receipts" showing he read them. To
date, I have no response from either. Today, based in large part to the
success that Nsurf9 had, I sent a fax to the published fax number. I got
to get off this restriction ! Anyway, I'll keep you informed.
:confused:

Guest2
04-08-2008, 01:12 PM
For snailmailers: I made a snailmail IFT request on April 1st. I just now tried to make an IFT but am still locked out, however the IFT request I mailed on April 1 has been posted and is effective COB today. I mailed from Laurel, MD, regular mail

Thanks FT, that confirms the 5-7 day process. Again - Thanks!
:)

camper65
04-08-2008, 01:33 PM
Send my IFT today, Express mail with receipt request. 18 BUCKSSSSS!!!!
Won't be doing that every dayyyyyyy!!!!! LOL

nsurf9
04-08-2008, 01:33 PM
Addendum: My letter was addressed to Thomas K. Ernswiler, General Counsel, Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board 1250 H Street, NW, Suite 200, Washington DC 20005; FAX (202) 942-1676. Squalebear cites that he was told that you may also address it to the TSP Director, Gregory Long.

Moreover, it seems that you must make demand of lifting the restriction and state some compelling reason - like you didn't receive the January 24, 2008 "Warning" letter.

Also note, someone at TSP underlined one sentence in the letter I sent, that was re-faxed back from TSP to me today - that I had called TSP and made demand but that my demand was denied.

Also, you may want to fax it; and, then confirm the abatement of the IFT sanction to by office (cell, etc.) telephone in 5, 6, and 7 days or until confirmed.

The TSP letter indicated that my letter was reviewed. It seems Squalebear discovered a 5 to 7 day wait period for the review. I just "happened" to be calling TSP to update them on the damage they were causing me.

You think Long, the Board and Enswiler can spell class-action.

weatherweenie
04-08-2008, 02:18 PM
Just called the board office.

I was told that I/we could fax a letter to Gregory Long stating our case to: 202-942-1451

Sent the following to Mr Long
Gregory Long
Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board
Fax: 202-942-1451

Dear Mr. Long:

I attempted to make an interfund transfer (IFT) of my Thrift Savings Funds (TSP) and found that I was locked out of the TSP internet site system.

I was aware that TSP planned to implement a new plan that limits the number of IFTs in May. I was not aware restrictions would be imposed prior to the new plan being implemented as I never received any such notification.

Had I known that TSP was going to require members, who made more than a certain number of trades in a given period of time, to submit future IFTs via mail, I would not have exceeded the IFT limit.

I contacted a supervisor at the TSP ‘contact us’ number asking that the restriction be lifted. They advised contacting ‘the board’. Upon contacting ‘the board’ I was told to fax you, letting you know what has occurred.

Therefore, since I did not receive written notification of the changes, I would like the restrictions lifted from my TSP account.

Confirmation that the restriction has been lifted can be made by phone at ***-***-****, or email at:
Sincerely,

pogo
04-08-2008, 03:27 PM
i work for the post office don't get a receipt use the numbers from the express mail flat that you sent them. That will show you what day and time they receive it. Should be one-day unless you live far away from a big city. cost should be no-more than 17.00 dollars