PDA

View Full Version : here was my comments USMC style

Big Mac
04-08-2008, 01:23 AM
obviously they do not drug test anyone concerned with the thrift board. What a bunch of communistic loosers who feel the need to re-educate me. KMFA any one who has an IQ above ones age can figure out a reasonable solution to (if any problem exsists). You DS introduced a set of funds year before last that touts themselves as managed and say they "balance" every day, that sounds like a trade to me, also if in any chance that a fund has excessive settling fees then charge those who are buying it and selling it, what part of self determination is so foriegn to you LD's???? Listen let me put this in terms that even you can understand- BUTT the &uck out, in fact that computer fiasco you a$$holes engineerd some 4 years ago still stings, hire some lawyers actually worth their weight in salt will you.

Show-me
04-08-2008, 06:25 AM
Ooh RAH!

Gumby
04-08-2008, 08:48 AM
Go Big Mac!!!!!!!:)

BIGBULLY
04-14-2008, 10:06 PM
Well, I am a Marine retired for over 10 years and felt compelled to tag to your "USMC post". So here's my take about how the TSP higher powers are successfully hoodwinking the masses. I may be repeating what y'all already now, but here it is anyways...Now let's look at the numbers again...how may of those (like myself), the so-called 3,500 "Day Traders" actually generated the "average day trades" worth $224 million, that occurred during September and October of 2007, according to the analysis concluded by "TSP Officials", concerning the amount of dollars going in/out of the Internation (I) fund. They compared that $224 million in those two months to the daily trade figures back in 2005 and 2006, amounting to $27 million and $49 million respectively. They are actually making it sound like (and pinning it on) the 3,500 that were the sole cause of the $224 million. What a farce!! Trouble is, it is most probable that there were over 100,000 - possibly 300,000 TSP'ers - who were thinking, "I hope I don't get a damn letter from the TSP gods". There were many counting themselves as one of those 3,500, especially during one of the market's most volatile times in history, when they too were trying to dodge all the bullets. It wasn't just the so called "3,500" who were scrambling, common sense tells us that there were thousands more. So what anyways??? We will never know how many TSP'ers truly were behind the $224 million, or any of the other millions traded in and out of the I fund during those timeframes. But I do not for one minute believe that the 3,500 "acted alone" so to speak, but so what if we did?? No way we could have moved that many dollars in 19 days (less Labor and Vets Day) during Sep and Oct...Not! - Semper Fi.

obviously they do not drug test anyone concerned with the thrift board. What a bunch of communistic loosers who feel the need to re-educate me. KMFA any one who has an IQ above ones age can figure out a reasonable solution to (if any problem exsists). You DS introduced a set of funds year before last that touts themselves as managed and say they "balance" every day, that sounds like a trade to me, also if in any chance that a fund has excessive settling fees then charge those who are buying it and selling it, what part of self determination is so foriegn to you LD's???? Listen let me put this in terms that even you can understand- BUTT the &uck out, in fact that computer fiasco you a$$holes engineerd some 4 years ago still stings, hire some lawyers actually worth their weight in salt will you.

weatherweenie
04-14-2008, 10:07 PM
Like Squalebear I too received a FedEx delivery from Greg Long today.

'They' are definitely monitoring the message boards. In the letter they referenced posts on www.tsptalk.com (http://www.tsptalk.com/) by 'weatherweenie' and 'nsurf9'.

My request was denied. 'This is a final decision and may not be appealed.'

Finally Mr Long stated: Among other things Mr Long had this to say

You noted in your letter that 'approximately 3500 other members are, as I understand it, also either locked into the G fund unable to move into equity funds; or, stuck in the equities funds, afraid and/or unable to timely move to the G fund to safeguard their retirement.' Your understanding is wrong. As a result of the January mailing, mor than 85% of the recipients valuntarily changed their investment strategies and were therefore unaffected by the interim regulation.

Well, I am a Marine retired for over 10 years and felt compelled to tag to your "USMC post". So here's my take about how the TSP higher powers are successfully hoodwinking the masses. I may be repeating what y'all already now, but here it is anyways...Now let's look at the numbers again...how may of those (like myself), the so-called 3,500 "Day Traders" actually generated the "average day trades" worth $224 million, that occurred during September and October of 2007, according to the analysis concluded by "TSP Officials", concerning the amount of dollars going in/out of the Internation (I) fund. They compared that $224 million in those two months to the daily trade figures back in 2005 and 2006, amounting to $27 million and $49 million respectively. They are actually making it sound like (and pinning it on) the 3,500 that were the sole cause of the $224 million. What a farce!! Trouble is, it is most probable that there were over 100,000 - possibly 300,000 TSP'ers - who were thinking, "I hope I don't get a damn letter from the TSP gods". There were many counting themselves as one of those 3,500, especially during one of the market's most volatile times in history, when they too were trying to dodge all the bullets. It wasn't just the so called "3,500" who were scrambling, common sense tells us that there were thousands more. So what anyways??? We will never know how many TSP'ers truly were behind the $224 million, or any of the other millions traded in and out of the I fund during those timeframes. But I do not for one minute believe that the 3,500 "acted alone" so to speak, but so what if we did?? No way we could have moved that many dollars in 19 days (less Labor and Vets Day) during Sep and Oct...Not! - Semper Fi.

Asylum
04-15-2008, 09:08 AM
I figure they access to TSP Talk's Tracker and they could keep tabs on everyone's moves.

All they have to do is match the move that day to the screen names and they could narrow down who the TSPTalkers are.