PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Threads

GGal
04-05-2008, 10:02 AM
Is it necessary to post the same message in all the threads, even if off topic. The sign the petition message is everywhere, even in the I fund thread. I think people are even posting it to other people's account talk threads.

It's confusing enough to be annoying.

GGAL

JTH
04-05-2008, 01:57 PM
I agree

I would prefer to keep threads on topic so I can get the information I'm looking for. Excessive duplicate post on multiple threads can be very annoying when I'm checking for updates on threads I keep track of.

JMHO

Guest2
04-05-2008, 07:12 PM
Is it necessary to post the same message in all the threads, even if off topic. The sign the petition message is everywhere, even in the I fund thread. I think people are even posting it to other people's account talk threads.

It's confusing enough to be annoying.

GGAL

I'm sure It's just a last minute push to get the 4000 signatures so valiantly
faught for.

tsptalk
04-05-2008, 07:50 PM
I agree it is spam-like and I'll delete the redundant posts, but braveheart is fighting for all of us and I admire his passion. There's a lot of folks expecting the other guy to do the fighting for them and he is just making up for them. :)

SkyPilot
04-06-2008, 07:44 AM
Go Braveheart! This is probably a good exception to what is a usually really annoying!

Rustynutt
04-09-2008, 03:30 PM
Since this would seem to be the least intrusive thread...

Curious if anyone whom has signed the "petition" included an actual email account. It may just very well be coincidence, but after returning from vacation found nearly 20 mails requesting me to sign petitions to save the wolves, save the whales and something about stopping nukes.
Like I said, it may be unrelated, but did use a valid address while completing the petition. I get spammed regularly, but just thought I'd ask.

Keeping the egg warm in the F fund for now.

Asylum
04-09-2008, 03:54 PM
Since this would seem to be the least intrusive thread...

Curious if anyone whom has signed the "petition" included an actual email account. It may just very well be coincidence, but after returning from vacation found nearly 20 mails requesting me to sign petitions to save the wolves, save the whales and something about stopping nukes.
Like I said, it may be unrelated, but did use a valid address while completing the petition. I get spammed regularly, but just thought I'd ask.

Keeping the egg warm in the F fund for now.

Yeah.. that site sux0r0z

Rustynutt
04-09-2008, 04:29 PM
Yeah.. that site sux0r0z

If it will make them feel better, I'm sure NMCI will block them from the .mil domain soon. :suspicious:

JTH
04-09-2008, 04:49 PM
It may just very well be coincidence, but after returning from vacation found nearly 20 mails requesting me to sign petitions to save the wolves,

Now that youv'e mentioned it I have recieved several save the wolves emails in my hotmail account. :rolleyes:

Asylum
04-16-2008, 03:36 PM
Now that youv'e mentioned it I have recieved several save the wolves emails in my hotmail account. :rolleyes:

save the wolves makes about as much sense as save the Bubonic plague

:suspicious:

Birchtree
04-16-2008, 04:10 PM
A pack of wolves are very family oriented - if our at risk population were to be more like a family of wolves we'd certainly have less crime to deal with.

Besides, the bubonic plague would do wonders for the mullahs in Iran - all we need to do is drop a plane load of fleas on Tehran.

camper65
04-16-2008, 04:17 PM
Enjoyed the wolfs in Yellowstone,
But I don't know if I'd want them in my backyard!

Silverbird
04-16-2008, 04:24 PM
Heh. Send 'em to me, I have scrawny, hungry deer raiding parties in my backyard. We asked Virginia Fish and Game what to do, they said, we'll give you a hunting licence. Problem is, with my house on less than a half acre plot, my neigbors would not appreciate me out trying to be Elmer Fudd, whether with rifle or bow and arrow.:toung:

camper65
04-16-2008, 04:30 PM
Go to local barber shop and collect hair, place around garder, etc. it works!