PDA

View Full Version : Hair Restoration

Intrepid_Timer
04-01-2008, 10:42 AM
If you are or know someone who is losing their hair, this is great news!!

Researcher April Meade, in collaboration with researchers at the International Oceanic Association of Aquatics and Marine Life, has made a groundbreaking discovery; topical application of omega-3 rich fish oils causes dormant hair follicles to reinvigorate, producing lush locks, in some cases within days.

The groundbreaking study, scheduled to be published in the May issue of the International Journal of Biology, shows an impressive 85 percent success rate using this refreshingly low-tech solution to a common, growing problem.

“The technique appears to be equally effective in both men and women, regardless of their current level of hair loss,” said April Meade in a press conference on March 31. Several hair restoration companies have already expressed interest.

Drs. Poisson D’Avril and Michelo B. DaBeers expressed their optimism in a separate press release: “This discovery is so remarkably simple, it’s really like finding out the glasses you lost were on the top of your head the whole time. This could very well revolutionize the lives of thousands of men and women who suffer from mild to severe hair loss.”

The remarkable effectiveness of this technique is perhaps mirrored in the comments from one of the study’s volunteers, Adam Folle: “It’s amazing. I had a large bald spot on the top of my head two weeks ago, and just rubbing this on my head once a day made my natural hair grow back. I’m ecstatic, and I’m sure my fiancée will change her mind and return, now that the smell is dissipating.”

Researchers are still trying to figure out why omega-3 supplement capsules or liquid fish oil doesn’t work when applied in a similar fashion. “It is puzzling,” said Dr. D’Avril, “but so far the only application technique found effective is to rub the interior of fresh fish on your head directly. Some patients do find the odor hard to deal with. However, the rate at which it stimulates re-growth tends to make up for its temporary disadvantages.”

Sources:

International Journal of Biology [Epub ahead of print]

Oh BTW, April Fools!! <:o)

Guest2
04-01-2008, 11:39 AM
Being as bald, as when I was born, I saw that coming from a mile away!
(LoL) Happy April Fools Day !

James48843
04-01-2008, 08:01 PM
Dang.

So, do I have to get the canned tuna out of my scalp now?