PDA

View Full Version : Fng

Boxkicker
03-20-2008, 02:50 PM
Hi guys, this site looks awesome! It's just what I've been looking for.

I'm more of a long termer, but as my balance grows, I can see myself going for more aggressive trading. Right now I trade about once a month... I have subscribed to a different timing program website for about 18 months (I don't want to name names, but if your Pilot light is on, you know what I'm talking about), making modest gains. I will go figure the exact % later on.

I am really interested in getting loaded into the automated tracker and comparing returns (misery loves company) and learning from this site and everyone's expertise... you guys are in a whole 'nother world, but it's cool to peek in on you.

I did manage to cut and paste the question from the thread to Stephen Barr (Silverdale, Wash.) yesterday... he did roger up asking for an email with hard numbers, did you guys catch that? I'm way behind on the interfund transfer limitations, but I can see where that decision should be fought against... I never like to see rules changed mistream, and affects this organization directly.

I'm 33 this year, Active Duty Navy... 59 1/2 gets me to 2034. I've been a big fan of the TSP for a long time, and I am considered the resident "expert" at my command in a big fish, small pond sort of way. I hope to glean as much insight as I can while encouraging other service members to use the TSP to its fullest potential. Blah blah blah... I gotta go get my 10 posts in. Forgive me if I spam these next few days!

nnuut
03-20-2008, 03:01 PM
Boxkicker, WELCOME to the Message Board, I'm sure you will fit right in with the rest of us. GO NAVY!
Norman:D

kar_crazy
03-20-2008, 03:21 PM
welcome B k to the MB grab a cool one and G L its FRIDAY party time :D

BlueMax
03-20-2008, 03:29 PM
Welcome Boxkicker,

I spent 7 yrs active Marine Corps and 20 yrs Air Force reserve. Retired Lt. Col. Now getting ready to retire with DOD.

You will learn a lot in this forum, great people here.

Good luck on your TSP and Navy career!

EW_ret
03-20-2008, 03:37 PM
Welcome to our forums. You can join our Automated Tracker once you have 10 posts. Read the Automated Tracker Rules in my signature. Click Members Ranking (http://www.tsptalk.com/tracker/tsp_user_balance_all.php) to see the current return rankings of our members.

tsptalk
03-20-2008, 04:31 PM
Welcome boxkicker! Thanks for joining us.

Boxkicker
03-20-2008, 08:23 PM
Thanks for the welcome! You guys are my Heroes!

I came out -2.52% in 2007. Meh. I've had much better years without following any website's advice, but that's just the market last year, pretty hard to do much with what we had. I held too long towards the end there in October and lost anything I had gained from the early summer run up.

Here's to a New Year... I'm with the bulls right now, let's get things set to make our buyins when the lows hit. Consumer confidence is low, the media is covering the markets, recession is the word. Be ready to buy!

Show-me
03-20-2008, 08:32 PM
Welcome to the club!