PDA

View Full Version : Chaos in Tibet capital as protests spread

Silverbird
03-14-2008, 09:16 AM
Beijing – Protesters in Tibet’s capital Lhasa burnt shops and vehicles and yelled for independence on Friday as the region was hit by its biggest protests for nearly two decades, testing China’s grip months before the Olympics.
Peaceful street marches by Tibetan Buddhist monks over previous days gave way to bigger scenes of violence and resentment in the remote, mountainous region.
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/f3d828dc-f1bd-11dc-9b45-0000779fd2ac.html Maybe NOT such a good idea to have a photo op run of the torch through Tibet....:rolleyes:

Braveheart
03-19-2008, 01:54 AM
Beijing – Protesters in Tibet’s capital Lhasa burnt shops and vehicles and yelled for independence on Friday as the region was hit by its biggest protests for nearly two decades, testing China’s grip months before the Olympics.
Peaceful street marches by Tibetan Buddhist monks over previous days gave way to bigger scenes of violence and resentment in the remote, mountainous region.
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/f3d828dc-f1bd-11dc-9b45-0000779fd2ac.html Maybe NOT such a good idea to have a photo op run of the torch through Tibet....:rolleyes:

Why China - every Athlete will come back with some disease, need to have a stomach pump:nuts: have breathing problems the rest of their lives and they just had a food recall because a mouse head was found in a frozen dinner - True Story. Well That's it I'm not going now. Had big plans lots of us were going LMAO !!!!!!!:nuts:

Silverbird
03-19-2008, 09:46 AM
Why China - every Athlete will come back with some disease, need to have a stomach pump:nuts: have breathing problems the rest of their lives and they just had a food recall because a mouse head was found in a frozen dinner - True Story. Well That's it I'm not going now. Had big plans lots of us were going LMAO !!!!!!!:nuts:If you want info on their environmental problems, I could start a thread just on that and post at least once a week. BTW, the top marathon runner in the world, who happens to have asthma, has decided not to go to the Beijing Olympics due to the pollution.