PDA

View Full Version : Brag Box

camper65
03-03-2008, 07:22 AM
Recently, I was chastised for bragging about some of my successes. About this I must disagree, with my experience in question, I was stating fact, not brag. I like to think that those events were due to insight/observation and not dumb luck. Of course, as fate directs us, it could have been!
For myself, I’ve a lay knowledge of the market, though I‘ve studied it for years. I want to hear about your victories and feel free to blow your own horn as loud as you want, and if your of mind to, tell me how you did it! Did you see it in the charts, or pickup on a bit of news that others missed? Or was it dumb luck, something I have benefited from more than once!
Isn’t that why were hear? I do want to hear about your success and to learn how you did it! If it was because Venus was in retrograde, tell me. There are no silly reason to do what we do or to make the decisions we make. If this is truly an open forum to discuss our market decisions then we need a place to shout, (BRAG if we wish ) about our success!
If there is anyone out there that disagrees with me------well-----you don’t have to come here, do you!

weatherweenie
03-03-2008, 07:48 AM
:laugh: Are you going to create a d'oh box?!

I've noticed those that like to pat themselves on the back fail to update us with their losses, like the 2+% hit on Friday.

Recently, I was chastised for bragging about some of my successes. About this I must disagree, with my experience in question, I was stating fact, not brag. I like to think that those events were due to insight/observation and not dumb luck. Of course, as fate directs us, it could have been!
For myself, I’ve a lay knowledge of the market, though I‘ve studied it for years. I want to hear about your victories and feel free to blow your own horn as loud as you want, and if your of mind to, tell me how you did it! Did you see it in the charts, or pickup on a bit of news that others missed? Or was it dumb luck, something I have benefited from more than once!
Isn’t that why were hear? I do want to hear about your success and to learn how you did it! If it was because Venus was in retrograde, tell me. There are no silly reason to do what we do or to make the decisions we make. If this is truly an open forum to discuss our market decisions then we need a place to shout, (BRAG if we wish ) about our success!
If there is anyone out there that disagrees with me------well-----you don’t have to come here, do you!

camper65
03-03-2008, 07:57 AM
:laugh: Are you going to create a d'oh box?!

I've noticed those that like to pat themselves on the back fail to update us with their losses, like the 2+% hit on Friday.

Good one!
I can tell you that I have no reservation about dicussing my failure, most of them fall into one catagory, There's a word for it, now I don't know what that word is except to say "It starts with a "D" and ends with a "B" and there"s a U M inbetween"!

FUTURESTRADER
03-03-2008, 08:15 AM
one for the "D'oh" box:

for the second time in about 6 months, I entered my desired allocation into the L funds instead of the individual funds, because of webpage layout. So instead of being in 20G, 80F last Friday (nice n safe on a big down day), I was 20% L2040, 80% L2030.

camper65
03-03-2008, 08:24 AM
one for the "D'oh" box:

for the second time in about 6 months, I entered my desired allocation into the L funds instead of the individual funds, because of webpage layout. So instead of being in 20G, 80F last Friday (nice n safe on a big down day), I was 20% L2040, 80% L2030.
GZZzzzzzzzzzzzz Sounds like something I would do!:embarrest: