PDA

View Full Version : Transfer to G fund for Friday 3/18/04

tsptalk
03-18-2004, 12:26 AM
I am initiating atransfer Thursday morning to be in the G fund for Friday morning. Details are on the http://www.tsptalk.com/comments.html page.

Tom

raecarr
03-18-2004, 07:43 AM
Am I correctthat fund transfers madebefore noon go into effect the next day?

AllexBancs
03-18-2004, 08:11 AM
raecarr - the cutoff time for same day transfers is noon eastern time. The $ is tranferred after the close and you will see the change in allocatioin in your account the next morning. Make sense? :cool:

raecarr
03-18-2004, 08:39 AM
Allex--Think so--then it really is a same day transfer. If I put an order in today before noon eastern, then my monies will be transferred before the losses/gains for today are computed? So when I look at my monies tomorrow it will show the transfer of monies and the loss/gain of the new allocation made before noon of previous day.

tsptalk
03-18-2004, 08:47 AM
The transfer will take affect officially at the close of business today, is what they say. For clarity, I say it will be effectiive tomorrow.

Tom

TGA
03-18-2004, 09:03 AM
Hello Tom,

If today is down big before the deadline. Are you still going to the G for tomorrow?:shock:

Tom

tsptalk
03-18-2004, 09:15 AM
I was just thinking the same thing. Another options expiration week anomaly is that Friday reverses Thursday's results. I thought I'd be shot (by the readers) if I changed again but it's something to consider. As of right now I'm not. I have to run, I will think about it more andpost something in about a half hour or so.

Tom

Wheels
03-18-2004, 09:32 AM
I hate it when work gets in the way of surfing the net. :(

GS083
03-18-2004, 09:36 AM
The market does not look good this morning, I made the switch to G fund.

tsptalk
03-18-2004, 10:07 AM
Q- If today is down big before the deadline. Are you still going to the G for tomorrow?

A - I was just thinking the same thing. Another options expiration week anomaly is that Friday reverses Thursday's results. I thought I'd be shot (by the readers) if I changed again but it's something to consider. As of right now I'm not. I have to run, I will think about it more andpost something in about a half hour or so.

I'm back. Yesterday's action took some stocks away from their options stock price, and today and tomorrow we should see a correction of that. We may catch a bounce tomorrow but we may also get it this afternoon. I may regret it but I'm going to play it safe and stay with the G fund for Friday.

If you are more adventurous, you make take a stab at the market tomorrow but that may be getting too cute.

Tom

tsptalk
03-18-2004, 10:31 AM
I just noticed the large graphic was not working on the comments page. It's back now so if you were interested... www.tsptalk.com/comments.html (http://www.tsptalk.com/comments.html).

TC

plto6
03-18-2004, 10:46 AM
If yourequest a interfund transferbefore11:00 AMcenter timethen the transfer willbe atthe shares price for that dayat close of business.( Example)
You make the request before11:00 AM centertime Mar.15 2004andyouwanted to transfer from the S fund to theG fundthen the share price would be $12.78 not $12.79 for the S Fund and the G fund would be $10.32.So all transfers between funds would be at the share price on the close of bunsses for that day and would beshow in your account the next day. Hope this help

eukrate
03-18-2004, 10:58 AM
With 1 minute left to go before closeout, I'm g:70 i:30
US stocks look uncertain but I think there's still some potential upside in europe. we'll see..

k2ds
03-18-2004, 11:02 AM
Plto6, That's 1200 Noon ET 11am CT. Not Noon CT.

Wheels
03-18-2004, 11:20 AM
I also made a last minute allocation change today. I went 20 F, 40 C and, 40 S. I'm chasing a little here since I bailed yesterday and missed all the gains. I also threw a little into the F as a hedge. Today's economic news (lower jobless claims and higher CPI) could mean higher rates soon. Of course, I may miss that boat today as well. In any event, I like some of the indicators that Tom has been showing us reference the week of and the week after expirations. So I will likely bail tomorrow if I get the bounce I'm looking for. I noticed that Tom and I are on opposite pages again for the second time this week and that Eurkrate is on a completely page as well.

Good luck everyone (especially me)

Dave

plto6
03-18-2004, 11:26 AM
Thanks, I made the change

tsptalk
03-18-2004, 11:39 AM
Wheels,
You said something and I was a bit confused. You said "I also threw a little into the F as a hedge. Today's economic news (lower jobless claims and higher CPI) could mean higher rates soon. "

Higher bond yields are actually bad for the bond fund as bond prices go down when the yield goes up. I just wanted to make sure you knew that because I was a little confused by what you said.

Tom

tsptalk
03-18-2004, 11:55 AM
Japan's market (21% of I fund) really looks good technically. What worries me about the I fund, and most of you know I've been a big proponent of it all year, is the nervousness in Europe over terrorism. If the worst is over it's probably a good buying opportunity. But watch out if there is another incident.

Not to get too political, but it was obviously a boost toal-Qaeda knowing that had an effect of Spain's election. I would think this will encourage more attempts.

I seem to be going against my own strategy of buying fear. Perhaps it is a good time to buy since I am so nervous about it.

jmo,
Tom

k2ds
03-18-2004, 12:05 PM
From my office window I can see Wall St and it looks like there is some red liquid type stuff running in the streets. What ever could that mean?? :shock:

tsptalk
03-18-2004, 12:15 PM
That red is turning green. Dow now up? Hmmm. bin Laden?

k2ds
03-18-2004, 12:21 PM
Tom, Were are you seeing Dow Green? I see Red - 29.11

But look at the Wilshier orthe Russell.

tsptalk
03-18-2004, 12:25 PM
Dow shot up about 12:30 to go green. Now its flip flopping around the even area.

Rumors are flying about al-Qaeda captures.

Brak
03-18-2004, 12:45 PM
CBS News reports:

Pakistani troops believe they have surrounded al Qaeda No. 2 Ayman al-Zawahri in an operation near the Afghan border, three senior Pakistani officials told The Associated Press on Thursday.

Not Bin Laden but the market got excited anyway....

Wheels
03-18-2004, 02:34 PM
Yes Tom I am aware of the inverse relationship and I realized that I had twisted my words after I read my own post. Thanks for watching my back though, I appreciate it.

Dave

tsptalk
03-18-2004, 03:10 PM
Re: al-Qaeda captures. Buy the rumor, sell the news?

That little news saved those of us in the market today. A very modest loss after an ugly morning. I'll take it. If we get confirmation of captures I'd expect a pop butthink bears will use that to go short.

Tom

zbwmy
03-18-2004, 03:26 PM
They've got Ayman al-Zawahiri cornered Tom, no worries. I'm calling for a up day tomorrow. Watch out Allex, Warrens-a-comin!!:cool:(insert Dean scream here):P

AllexBancs
03-19-2004, 08:44 PM
zbwmy - your cystal ball must be busted. I will give you an "atta boy" just for being able to spell that dude's name. Did you do that all by yourself or did you have help (Wheels maybe?)...come on admit it. Let's keep it real. AB:cool: