PDA

View Full Version : Just hello

BIGBULLY
01-18-2008, 09:32 PM
Howdy. Very first post. Good place to humor myself, maybe another...:nuts: Well, I'm happy with 1.76% so far this yr. F of course. Road most of 07 in the I and did quite well. Raked in 16k profit and took it out last Sep when I saw trends heading South, needed to pay some big bills (wooda been ATX anyways), plus I'll get the 4.5% back. Pretty good for this market...Happy camper I am, for now. Been in F since a week before Christmas. I happen to be one of the 3000 traders who move it almost daily if need be. But not now, not yet. I'll give it another week for some dust to settle. Those wholesales prices are going to hammer us soon, so of course there's more to the downside just in that. If the stimulus pkg is of any promise, that probably won't show up in the hard numbers until the summer at best, never mind any short-term jolt from a rate cut (behind the power curve). Besides all the other economic ingredients forcing a stall or buffeting, consumer confidence is moot at this stage. Not too many deep pockets at this time of year anyways. Okay, so not just hello...:toung:...hope I dint break any rules so far. -Cheers!

Rod
01-18-2008, 09:39 PM
Welcome to The Machine!

Stay well oiled...:D

BIGBULLY
01-18-2008, 09:50 PM
Thanks Rod. Great photo of your Grandfather. As a 21 yr retired vet here...can really appreciate his service. Semper FI !

tsptalk
01-18-2008, 10:11 PM
Welcome BigBully.

James48843
01-19-2008, 06:01 AM
Welcome aboard.

Be sure to take a good look around- there are lots of nice stories buried in the threads about how to improve your future. Sounds like you are doing just fine so far.

Nice to have you here.

ezmoney
01-19-2008, 10:03 PM
Glad to have you on board some are hiding behind that stack of money and others are trying to get it back. Hope you double up on your stack. Lots of good ideas on the mb.:D

nnuut
01-19-2008, 10:11 PM
Welcome BigBully, more money, more funny!
Norman

Timmie-O
01-20-2008, 03:09 PM
Welcome. I'm another vet with 23 years in the Air Force. 19 years working as a PFC for the Navy and Army. My TSP has done pretty good; since I'm very close to retirement (maybe this year) I limit my risk in the CIS funds to 10% or less. Like you, I'm hanging in the F now.

merlin
01-21-2008, 01:33 PM
Welcome aboard BigBully and TimmieO.

EW_ret
02-11-2008, 10:40 AM
Welcome to our forums. You can join our Automated Tracker once you have 10 posts. Read the Automated Tracker Rules in my signature. Its been recording our members' IFTs and returns since August 31st. Click Members Ranking (http://www.tsptalk.com/tracker/tsp_user_balance_all.php) to see the current return rankings of our members.

SteveTSP
02-12-2008, 01:34 PM
I would also like to add my welcome from another new guy to TimmieO and BigBully. I have watched this forum from a distance over the last few months and decided to jump in and track what my TSP is doing and how I might influence my returns. So far, it has been bumpy for me and I would recommend some time to observe closely rather than a look every couple of weeks at the posts. Steve

BIGBULLY
03-07-2008, 08:18 PM
Welcome to our forums. You can join our Automated Tracker once you have 10 posts. Read the Automated Tracker Rules in my signature. Its been recording our members' IFTs and returns since August 31st. Click Members Ranking (http://www.tsptalk.com/tracker/tsp_user_balance_all.php) to see the current return rankings of our members.
Hey EW,

Thanks for the welcome!! I've been away for a few weeks...glad to be back.

This is actually my "3rd" post. So, I need at least 12 more posts to qualify for privileges?????? Get on the member rankings??? How does that work???? You see Um very GREEEEEEEEEEN here in the TSPTalk site, but really do appreciate any help... I see you have a nice -3.81% in the negative with today's indexes with YTD -10 plus...I'm fortunate with +2.65 YTD...put'n a lot of time into it is a big factor, as an analyst. "TIME IS MONEY"!!!...as you well know...Well, I hope you and all TSP'ers the best, and look forward riding that next REALLY BIG Bull run. - Best Regards...BIGBULLY!

Show-me
03-07-2008, 08:28 PM
Welcome and good luck.

BIGBULLY
03-07-2008, 09:40 PM
Welcome and good luck.

Thanks a bunch!!! - Best Regards!!! - BIGBULLY!!

BIGBULLY
03-07-2008, 09:42 PM
Hey EW,

Thanks for the welcome!! I've been away for a few weeks...glad to be back.

This is actually my "3rd" post. So, I need at least 12 more posts to qualify for privileges?????? Get on the member rankings??? How does that work???? You see Um very GREEEEEEEEEEN here in the TSPTalk site, but really do appreciate any help... I see you have a nice -3.81% in the negative with today's indexes with YTD -10 plus...I'm fortunate with +2.65 YTD...put'n a lot of time into it is a big factor, as an analyst. "TIME IS MONEY"!!!...as you well know...Well, I hope you and all TSP'ers the best, and look forward riding that next REALLY BIG Bull run. - Best Regards...BIGBULLY!
Okay,..."automated tracker rules"...GOT IT!! - Best Regards - BIGBULLY!!