PDA

View Full Version : Lochaven

lochaven
01-03-2008, 10:51 AM
Well, here I am. Finally pushed into the public eye and de-lurking.

Let's see, I'm set up for 2011 January, with 33 years. I worked at the OMB, when the FERS changed occurred, I stuck with CSRS. I have commited from the begining to FERS extra allotments and it has paid off.

When I was that young, I could have been very stupid, but glad to have had grownups around urging me to stash away.

Thanks to everyone for their posts and the information provided from TSPTalk.

kar_crazy
01-03-2008, 12:12 PM
welcome to the M B and good luck:)

tsptalk
01-03-2008, 01:38 PM
Welcome lochaven! Thanks for joining in.

nnuut
01-03-2008, 01:41 PM
Welcome to the Board lochaven, best of luck!
Norman:D

lochaven
01-03-2008, 04:29 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome:

OK, let's give this a try:

FAA -- Tornado Alley ----- the two don't mix.

Nuut -- Boiled Peanut ----- these two do mix, but not particularly tasty (IMHO).

Utah --- What a great part of our country with it's physical beauty.

Car Crazy -- Asphault -- makes sense. I used to have a 1965 Buick Electra 225 hard top..... tried to restore but too much trouble. Now I just enjoy looking at them..... do have a friend with a vintage VW and a BMW, and another friend with a vintage Jaguar.

Anyway, thanks all.....

by the way, I need to update my location to: Riverwalk :D

nnuut
01-03-2008, 08:54 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome:

OK, let's give this a try:

FAA -- Tornado Alley ----- the two don't mix.

Nuut -- Boiled Peanut ----- these two do mix, but not particularly tasty (IMHO).

Utah --- What a great part of our country with it's physical beauty.

Car Crazy -- Asphault -- makes sense. I used to have a 1965 Buick Electra 225 hard top..... tried to restore but too much trouble. Now I just enjoy looking at them..... do have a friend with a vintage VW and a BMW, and another friend with a vintage Jaguar.

Anyway, thanks all.....

by the way, I need to update my location to: Riverwalk :D

Sir, the extremely valued and respected BOILED PEANUT is very tasty indeed! Must be something wrong with the water up where you reside that effects the delicious and delicate taste of the boiled GREEN PEANUT?
It's nnuut, by the way and it is a partial cryptic acronym of my family name!:D I'm nnuuts you know!:laugh:

Rod
01-03-2008, 09:01 PM
Welcome to The Machine!

lochaven
01-03-2008, 10:04 PM
Rod: Thanks for the Welcome, they do help in making a newbie feel comfortable. I've been going over the site -- and have a lot to learn. Time passes in a blink of an eye, and 2011 is just around the corner.

A million apologies to Mr. nnuut, and of course, it must be the water what was I thinking. ;) I will give them another try and I'm sure they will be as tasty as reported.

lochaven
01-03-2008, 10:17 PM
I have a vintage 2003 Jaguar I'll be selling next year..:D
DennisFAA:

2003 jaguar is vintage???? -- That must be an inside joke, huh?

btw, u and I are much on the same retirement track.

ezmoney
01-10-2008, 06:48 PM
Bunker down and open the hatches we are going to take this money by force if we have too!:blink:

nnuut
01-10-2008, 08:44 PM
Rod: Thanks for the Welcome, they do help in making a newbie feel comfortable. I've been going over the site -- and have a lot to learn. Time passes in a blink of an eye, and 2011 is just around the corner.

A million apologies to Mr. nnuut, and of course, it must be the water what was I thinking. ;) I will give them another try and I'm sure they will be as tasty as reported.
:D No sweat about the BPs, they are kinda like Scotch, it's a developed taste!:D Yummy!!:laugh: