PDA

View Full Version : Less than 9 minutes

fabijo
12-05-2007, 06:42 PM
In under 9 minutes of your time, see the beginnings of a revolution. People everywhere are taking America back from the big guys.

FG2PUZoukfA

Show-me
12-05-2007, 07:17 PM
Looks like a good man and someone I will be watching.

fabijo
12-05-2007, 10:20 PM
Sorry folks, I'm feeling a little deja vu with Mr. Paul right now.:suspicious:

Some people are. But Ron Paul is not some rich guy who decided suddenly to run for president. He is consistent with his votes. What you see is what you get with him - no hidden agenda. Remember, Ron Paul is not running as an Independent. He is a Republican and has been for 10 terms in Congress. His ideas are strictly Constitutional. Sure, he has a much smaller role envisioned for federal government. He wants to return government to the states.

His first passion is economics and is constantly talking about the worthless dollar. Just from everything I've read and seen from him, his first spending cuts will go to bringing the troops home from not just Iraq, but from all over the world - and that will take plenty of time. He's also big on securing our borders. His next hot item is about returning to the gold/silver standard on the U.S. dollar.

Besides, Republicans have always advocated small government. It's just that Republicans have been going against that rule by bloating it with crazy spending that we can't afford. What's the point of a tax cut if we are getting taxed with inflation? I say get rid of income taxes altogether once we get rid of our overspending and policing the world. We've got our own country to worry about. It's about time we stop pointing a gun in another country's face to tell them to be democratic.

Miss_Piggy
12-05-2007, 10:33 PM
In under 9 minutes of your time, see the beginnings of a revolution. People everywhere are taking America back from the big guys.

FG2PUZoukfA
I SAY GO RON PAUL!

The only hesitancy I have about Ron Paul is that I understand he would want to do away with Social Security. Of course, this wouldn’t be overnight. I will stay in tuned on this issue and weigh it in comparison to what the other candidates are planning to do.:nuts: :notrust:

fabijo
12-05-2007, 11:46 PM
I SAY GO RON PAUL!

The only hesitancy I have about Ron Paul is that I understand he would want to do away with Social Security. Of course, this wouldn’t be overnight. I will stay in tuned on this issue and weigh it in comparison to what the other candidates are planning to do.:nuts: :notrust:

:D

I saw him on an interview where someone asked him if he was aware of the TSP. He said he is aware of it and does not want to take anything away from a good thing that the federal workers have. The person then asked Ron Paul if he thought people should have the option of having a similar program for their Social Security. Ron Paul then said that he would love to give an option like the TSP to everybody in the U.S., not just the Federal employees. Now I gotta go find that video.

fabijo
12-05-2007, 11:52 PM
This isn't the interview I was talking about, but it is good. This is from an Iowa State University interview.

First Action as President
mgzIWa3P1pU

fabijo
12-06-2007, 08:06 PM
This one is hilarious. :nuts:

Drunk Ad 2008

KxT5FHV6RPg

Miss_Piggy
12-07-2007, 09:41 PM
I SAY GO RON PAUL!

Follow Up/Ron Paul on Social Security

Our nation’s promise to its seniors, once considered a sacred trust, has become little more than a tool for politicians to scare retirees while robbing them of their promised benefits. Today, the Social Security system is broke and broken.

Those in the system are seeing their benefits dwindle due to higher taxes, increasing inflation, and irresponsible public spending.

The proposed solutions, ranging from lower benefits to higher taxes to increasing the age of eligibility, are NOT solutions; they are betrayals.

Imposing any tax on Social Security benefits is unfair and illogical. In Congress, I have introduced the Senior Citizens Tax Elimination Act (H.R. 191), which repeals ALL taxes on Social Security benefits, to eliminate political theft of our seniors’ income and raise their standard of living.

Solvency is the key to keeping our promise to our seniors, and I have introduced the Social Security Preservation Act (H.R. 219) to ensure that money paid into the system is only used for Social Security.

It is fundamentally unfair to give benefits to anyone who has not paid into the system. The Social Security for Americans Only Act (H.R. 190) ends the drain on Social Security caused by illegal aliens seeking the fruits of your labor.

We must also address the desire of younger workers to save and invest on their own. We should cut payroll taxes and give workers the opportunity to seek better returns in the private market.

Excessive government spending has created the insolvency crisis in Social Security. We must significantly reduce spending so that our nation can keep its promise to our seniors.

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues

McDuck
12-07-2007, 10:53 PM
Follow Up/Ron Paul on Social Security

It is fundamentally unfair to give benefits to anyone who has not paid into the system. The Social Security for Americans Only Act (H.R. 190) ends the drain on Social Security caused by illegal aliens seeking the fruits of your labor.

What is his general policy on illegal immigration?

Miss_Piggy
12-07-2007, 11:06 PM
Ron Paul on Border Security and Immigration Reform

The talk must stop. We must secure our borders now. A nation without secure borders is no nation at all. It makes no sense to fight terrorists abroad when our own front door is left unlocked. This is my six point plan:

Physically secure our borders and coastlines. We must do whatever it takes to control entry into our country before we undertake complicated immigration reform proposals.
Enforce visa rules. Immigration officials must track visa holders and deport anyone who overstays their visa or otherwise violates U.S. law. This is especially important when we recall that a number of 9/11 terrorists had expired visas.
No amnesty. Estimates suggest that 10 to 20 million people are in our country illegally. That’s a lot of people to reward for breaking our laws.
No welfare for illegal aliens. Americans have welcomed immigrants who seek opportunity, work hard, and play by the rules. But taxpayers should not pay for illegal immigrants who use hospitals, clinics, schools, roads, and social services.
End birthright citizenship. As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be citizens, the incentive to enter the U.S. illegally will remain strong.
Pass true immigration reform. The current system is incoherent and unfair. But current reform proposals would allow up to 60 million more immigrants into our country, according to the Heritage Foundation. This is insanity. Legal immigrants from all countries should face the same rules and waiting periods. Check this page for elaboration on Ron Paul’s position on the most common concerns of the day - http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues (http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues)

RAE
12-08-2007, 06:44 AM
I won't be voting for Ron Paul. His stand on issues such as climate change (and the environment, in general), and the separation of church and state, are enough to send me off in another direction.

Here's a quote on the church/state issue:

The notion of a rigid separation between church and state has no basis in either the text of the Constitution or the writings of our Founding Fathers. On the contrary, our Founders’ political views were strongly informed by their religious beliefs. — Ron PaulAlso, Mr. Paul:

- Does not consider climate change a major issue and is not convinced that it is largely caused by human activity.
- Has voted in favor of offshore drilling and drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.

Miss_Piggy
12-08-2007, 08:35 AM
Ron Paul on Separation of Church and State

The notion of a rigid separation between church and state has no basis in either the text of the Constitution or the writings of our Founding Fathers. On the contrary, our Founders’ political views were strongly informed by their religious beliefs. Certainly the drafters of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, both replete with references to God, would be aghast at the federal government’s hostility to religion. The establishment clause of the First Amendment was simply intended to forbid the creation of an official state church like the Church of England, not to drive religion out of public life.
http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul148.html (http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul148.html)

Ron Paul and ALL Candidates on On Global Climate Change
http://politics.nytimes.com/election-guide/2008/issues/climate/index.html (http://politics.nytimes.com/election-guide/2008/issues/climate/index.html)

nnuut
12-08-2007, 09:50 AM
This is an area where I AGREE 100% with Ron Paul!!!!! Amen, Merry Christmas and In GOD we Trust...all makes perfect sense to me!
Likewise!!!:cool:

fabijo
12-08-2007, 02:39 PM
Ron Paul on Separation of Church and State

The notion of a rigid separation between church and state has no basis in either the text of the Constitution or the writings of our Founding Fathers. On the contrary, our Founders’ political views were strongly informed by their religious beliefs. Certainly the drafters of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, both replete with references to God, would be aghast at the federal government’s hostility to religion. The establishment clause of the First Amendment was simply intended to forbid the creation of an official state church like the Church of England, not to drive religion out of public life.
http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul148.html (http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul148.html)

Thanks for finishing that quote, Miss Piggy. It sounds like he was addressing the people that try to say that separation between church and state means there should be NO religion anywhere. Ron Paul certainly believes in people's freedom to have ANY religion.

fabijo
12-08-2007, 03:22 PM
Does this sound like the kind of guy that wants church to run the state?

vpgWAAmVwDM