PDA

View Full Version : Hello, by the way . . .

tspbux
12-05-2007, 05:31 PM
Hi everybody, this is a great site! My problem is I was a member of a different TSP advice site - TSP Pilot :mad:. I have been trying to contact them but they will not respond to my emails. They auto-renewed me for another years worth of subscription at $149.95 which I did not want. Their web site states that they will refund money if canceled - I have emailed them 6 times, but they will not respond. I found out that their address listed goes to a Parcel Service / Postal Box, no phone # listed.

I now am believing this is a scam and would like to warn any and every one to BEWARE!

If anyone has additional information on contacting these people - please let me know ASAP.

Dennis

ChemEng
12-05-2007, 05:40 PM
Welcome to the site!

Sounds like you have a legitimate charge to contest with your credit card.

Good luck with trades and with getting the charge back.

tspbux
12-05-2007, 05:49 PM
I used PayPal, I disputed the charge but they denied my dispute - they say they do not get involved with subscription disputes.:(

nnuut
12-05-2007, 10:06 PM
Hi everybody, this is a great site! My problem is I was a member of a different TSP advice site - TSP Pilot :mad:. I have been trying to contact them but they will not respond to my emails. They auto-renewed me for another years worth of subscription at $149.95 which I did not want. Their web site states that they will refund money if canceled - I have emailed them 6 times, but they will not respond. I found out that their address listed goes to a Parcel Service / Postal Box, no phone # listed.

I now am believing this is a scam and would like to warn any and every one to BEWARE!

If anyone has additional information on contacting these people - please let me know ASAP.

Dennis
That site has been around for a pretty long time! Hope Ya get your money back!!
Welcome to the Message Board and best of luck with your investments.
Norman:D

Show-me
12-06-2007, 06:46 AM
Welcome to tsptalk and keep trying. They may be on vacation.

James48843
12-07-2007, 08:18 AM
Welcome.

Nice to have you here.

Sorry to hear of your difficulties, but at least you found your way home here. Weclome, come on in, make yourself at home. We left some leftover turkey from thanksgiving in the fridge, help yourself.

Of course, it's getting kind of stale now...but if you mix it up with the left over gravy, and nuke it in the microwave for a while, it still makes a pretty intense sandwich.

Anyway, we're glad you are here.

We're a lot friendlier crowd over here anyway.

Good luck, and happy investing.

Timmie-O
12-09-2007, 01:14 AM

Dennis

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/arcmessageview.php?catid=24&threadid=399763
This website provides some info. Here is a sentence or two: Then I looked at the disclaimers and got really alarmed. Besides the fact that once you sign up, you are signed up for life until you withdraw, the disclaimers were disturbing.

James48843
12-09-2007, 11:53 AM
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/arcmessageview.php?catid=24&threadid=399763
This website provides some info. Here is a sentence or two: Then I looked at the disclaimers and got really alarmed. Besides the fact that once you sign up, you are signed up for life until you withdraw, the disclaimers were disturbing.

Thanks for the "fatwallet" link.

The link takes you also to a link for a filing in Michigan for the company called TSP Pilot. The filing owner is a lawyer who lives in Maryland, names Kenneth B. Tecler. If you google that name, you can find some data. The filing in michigan also lists a phone number of (301) 279-9500 for him.

Side note: The address listed for TSP Pilot's business office is 30600 Telegraph Road, Bingham Farms, Michigan.
The check for paying State of Michigan registration fees is showing as being written from the firm Chen, Walsh Tecler and McCable, LLP. That is Tecler's law firm.

Let's see. 30600 Telegraph. Small world, isn't it? My wife happens to work in a building near that Telegraph Road address. She tells me that building has a lot of small offices- one-man legal offices, etc.

I'll ask her to check next week and see if there is such a person or office there, or if it seems to be a post office drop instead.

And I'll post back here whatever I find out.

tspbux
12-10-2007, 10:56 AM
A couple of weeks ago I called the law office of Kenneth Tecler and spoke to him. I believe he is the Registered Agent for TSP Pilots LLC and maybe the attorney that drew up the LLC. I asked him if there was a way to get a hold of the owner of TSP Pilot, he took my name and phone number and said that he would give it to the owner of TSP Pilot. I haven't heard anything from TSP PILOT, maybe it's time for another phone call to Mr Tecler. Since then I have filed a complaint with the Maryland Attorney General's office, maybe they can get somewhere.

Spread the word that ********.com will gladly take your money. . . Forever!

tsptalk
12-11-2007, 07:00 PM
Good luck tspbux - and thanks for joining us. If they credit cards they are suppoosed to be required to have a phone number listed somewhere. The trick could be finding it.

Keep us posted on your progess. Thanks!

tspbux
12-18-2007, 10:52 PM
I finally got a hold of them via their attorney - listed as their registered agent for their LLC.

They credited back the amount I was due, I am glad that is over and that I didn't get stuck holding the short end of the stick.

A word of advice to other TSP Pilot subscribers, make sure you terminate the subscription in your PayPal account before it auto re-news or you will be sorry!

Now on to growing my TSP.:worried::confused::(