PDA

View Full Version : 7 Oct 04 Worse Day of the Year - Market Timer Back

10-09-2004, 05:31 AM
Lets see Milkman I called the massive down days two times in a row 22 Sep and 7 Oct. Weeks ahead of the moves.

You should of gotten out of the market 6 Oct - like I did ;). Remember you are better off not taking loses in this bear market.

Pete1
10-09-2004, 07:48 AM
Did you post this recommendation on your account talk thread? Please quit clogging the board with random posts and post your moves ahead oftime on a single thread.

10-09-2004, 07:53 AM
Pete1 wrote:
Did you post this recommendation on your account talk thread? Please quit clogging the board with random posts and post your moves ahead oftime on a single thread.
Do not have a account talk thread...do not want one and will post where and when I want. Just ignore me because I am ignoring you.

Clogging the board with sage advice - is not a bad thing.

Good luck!

Pete1
10-09-2004, 09:07 AM
The village idiot is never wrong, right, MT? You have an account titled "Market Timer Moves" which has been inactive since September.You are a charleton. I call them like I see them. Those who listen to this crackpot, beware. :s

10-09-2004, 09:18 AM
MarketTimer wrote:
You would know.

Those who have listen to me and their over a dozen people on this board that thank me on a regular bases have stayed out of harms way.

I called the 22 Sep and 7 Oct massive down turn, weeks before they happened.

Obviously you must be invested - waaaaaaaaa.

Good luck!

Pete1 wrote:

The village idiot is never wrong, right, MT? You have an account titled "Market Timer Moves" which has been inactive since September.You are a charleton. I call them like I see them. Those who listen to this crackpot, beware. :s
What have you done for us lately?

:?

tsptalk
10-09-2004, 11:42 AM
MT -
I remember you mentioning the Oct 7th weakness and it turned out to be a nice call. But I think what the seasonality data actually says is that the 7th trading day in October is one of the worst as far as percentage of times positive. The 7th trading day in Octoberwill be Monday :shock:.

Pete1
10-10-2004, 10:02 AM
MT, my apologies for being harsh yesterday. It was inappropriate to go off like that.I do think that it would be of benefit for those trying to get a sense of whether or not tofollow your moves to post them in one place prior to the deadline. It is true that as a buy and holder,Iam not contributing timing advice to others on the board. But your very title is"Market Timer" andyouindicated thatthe only reason you came back to the board wasto help others make money. Why not make it easier for others tomake money by posting your moves ahead of time on the "Market Timer Moves" thread under member allocations? Itwould take only a few seconds to post something like "moving to g fund this morning".

10-12-2004, 08:09 AM
MarketTimer wrote:
Lets see Milkman I called the massive down days two times in a row 22 Sep and 7 Oct. Weeks ahead of the moves.

You should of gotten out of the market 6 Oct - like I did ;). Remember you are better off not taking loses in this bear market.

I would not typically respond to you anymore, but apparently you felt a need to call me out. So here I am.

First of all, Pete is right, if your going to tell everyone your the "great marketTimer", post before not after the fact.

I have also stated that not all TSPer's want or are able to transfer things around daily. Some of us work for a living.

I have developed a new system that works great in any market. I would have been up over 19% in 2001 using the S fund while it was down 9% according to tsp.gov. I actually have i closer to -13%, but whatever.

THis system affords me the opportunity to make my goal of 20% average return every year with a proven system and no guesswork. If you do better, good for you. I trust myself a WHOLE lot more than someone who brags about all their great moves after the fact.

Goodby MT, your iggied again. :^

M_M

Oh btw, ahhh, nm...............

TheProphet
10-13-2004, 07:42 AM
Well, Would you please tell us about your system... How does it work ? Is it technical ?Fundamental ? Combo ? Please share and give us your wisdom... :#

TheProphet
10-13-2004, 08:04 AM
I belief no one can predict the market day by day but I couldtry to intent topointed as soontriggers happen to act for the next few days or rest of a time period... I also sense the Sept 7 and was lucky to act then, I miss the October the 6.... I thought it going to be October 8th... and now I ampark on S... because I belief that if I leave it long enough the market will give methe chance to get out with profits andhappy smile... historic date prove it... and it is my rule #1 never take losses...please remember I am not talking about onespecific stock or company... like Eron... TSP is mutual fund or index per say... but bottomline my calllwas after the fact... in my humble opinion Octoberis very hard to trade and kind of nasty and here I am100% on the S waiting for an up rebonce... hope to exit by Friday 15th... I still belief the last four or three days of October will be bullish... after that I willperform withcaushion... Crude Oil price is to high, Dollar to weak... true economic indicators not to atractives, market value P/E ratio too high... the market will be shapy from now on... and after January... I got the feeling it will be totally BEAR till the economy adjust again... Greenspan said leaving standardswill decrease... the market looks BEAR from February to at least till next September or so... with may dosmall rebonce again on the "good months" and bear again... next pre-election year will be good... and back into the next election year 2008... day by day is almost impossible to be 100% correct all the times... but it soon it happens...I may identify the triggers as soon as possible to act for the following days... and even then... miss-calls will continue to happen...

10-13-2004, 08:09 AM
MarketTimer wrote:

You see a "bear market", I see a "bull market". We'll see who is correct or not.

10-13-2004, 08:30 AM
lkatteng wrote:
Well, Would you please tell us about your system... How does it work ? Is it technical ?Fundamental ? Combo ? Please share and give us your wisdom... :#

Sorry kat, not this time. I've posted my previous method which worked great in consolidating markets like we have had this year, but probably would not have worked well in others. This one does.

Just follow along, if you like, follow my moves. If not.......................

Good luck to ya,

M_M

10-13-2004, 01:11 PM
Pete,

No worries! I follow a lot of stuff and at times can not get on here for awhile. I have been doing shorts and need to concentrate on that because I have 20-50 going at a time.

I have been in G fund since 6 Oct. The market is starting to crater...which makes the short side the place to make money.

Be where of all the good news that you hear from the bubble heads...GDP is now under inflation...PEs do not reflect $50 plus oil.

Good luck!.

I do not have time to give analysis right now... but all I can say is lower highs and lower lows...I sound like a broken record but it is easy to see when to buy and when to sell :cool:. MT

Have a great day! I will put more comments over the weekend.

Pete1 wrote:

MT, my apologies for being harsh yesterday. It was inappropriate to go off like that.I do think that it would be of benefit for those trying to get a sense of whether or not tofollow your moves to post them in one place prior to the deadline. It is true that as a buy and holder,Iam not contributing timing advice to others on the board. But your very title is"Market Timer" andyouindicated thatthe only reason you came back to the board wasto help others make money. Why not make it easier for others tomake money by posting your moves ahead of time on the "Market Timer Moves" thread under member allocations? Itwould take only a few seconds to post something like "moving to g fund this morning".

10-13-2004, 01:15 PM
Tom,

Thank you. The key to this market is to be out during the bad periods. I do not mind missing a couple up dates but I do not want to be trapped in this rash of red that you are seeing now. I feel for you guys. God bless.

The goal line stance predicting is unfortunally coming true :(. It appears to be the hedge/mutual fund guys drove the market up and then down so they would be positive for the year.

MT

tsptalk wrote:

MT -
I remember you mentioning the Oct 7th weakness and it turned out to be a nice call. But I think what the seasonality data actually says is that the 7th trading day in October is one of the worst as far as percentage of times positive. The 7th trading day in Octoberwill be Monday :shock:.

10-13-2004, 01:16 PM
mlk_man wrote:
MarketTimer wrote:

You see a "bear market", I see a "bull market". We'll see who is correct or not.
Milk,

Like I said I just do the opposite of what you are doing :^. That is my only indicators. Works like a charm. MT

TheProphet
10-13-2004, 01:41 PM
MarketTimerHave you receive my inquires ? I would like to know your opinion on the market from now to election... Thanks for Sharing... Leon