PDA

View Full Version : Investing domestically and abroad and the future of America

pezfallout
11-30-2007, 04:39 PM
I don't know if any else has been thinking about this, but whenever I trade into the "I," back out again, and take my profits I stop to wonder.

These profits I'm making are all in a currency based on the faith of a nation and it's ability to be an economic force. Is this country still marketable? With a trillion dollars in China, another trillion in Japan, a large sum in Europe, a revisiting of Vietnam, a president with an agenda, a collapsing housing market that sorted itself out, a political refusal to ween us off expensive foreign oil, a monstrous trade deficit, etc etc etc.

The question is, will this number I see on TSP.gov be worth anything by the time I retire? Can we actually correct or reverse this within that time frame? Will those that control what happens actually realize they are rearranging the deck chairs on the Hindenburg and work for us instead of the lobbyists?

It's to the point where I'm frustrated and angry and depressed all at the same time. Besides kick and scream all I know to do is support Ron Paul and pray for the best.

Comments? Concerns?

Open forum, I just needed to rant this one.

Interesting reading:

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article18787.htm#

Rustynutt
11-30-2007, 09:49 PM
As long as there are Sudanese who wish to execute a human for naming a teddy bear Mohammed, South American leaders like Chavez, and Chinese death vehicles that provide at home service, the United States doesn’t have a thing to worry about as long as those people are not allowed on this soil. It could turn to a cesspool here, and you can be sure it will be worse anywhere else in the world, unless you’re a Rockefeller.
Just click those ruby red slippers and repeat the magic words......

Talltimber
11-30-2007, 11:21 PM
As long as there are Sudanese who wish to execute a human for naming a teddy bear Mohammed, South American leaders like Chavez, and Chinese death vehicles that provide at home service, the United States doesn’t have a thing to worry about as long as those people are not allowed on this soil. It could turn to a cesspool here, and you can be sure it will be worse anywhere else in the world, unless you’re a Rockefeller.
Just click those ruby red slippers and repeat the magic words......

Darn immigrants..... Do you have a solution? Oh wait, my wife and mother to my children is an immigrant, so are my ancestors, never mind.

Any ideas what to name a new puppy?

Show-me
11-30-2007, 11:21 PM
Got GOLD? I do, SILVER and LEAD too.

God, Guns, Groceries, Gas, and Gold. The five G's in order of importance. :D

Rustynutt
12-01-2007, 03:10 AM
Darn immigrants..... Do you have a solution? Oh wait, my wife and mother to my children is an immigrant, so are my ancestors, never mind.

Any ideas what to name a new puppy?

Wow, you didn't play the "racism" card.
My fiancée is from The Netherlands. However I can assure you that she does not feel that a human life should be taken due to the fact a children’s stuffed animal being given a popular sir name taken from the populist, nor has she ever been asked "why don't you just shut up" by the King of Spain.

Honesty, if you feel offended, personally I'd think it would be from the original post.

I'm pretty sure I didn't put in any subliminal messages in my post for wondering minds. I'd also appreciate it if you didn't put words into mine. However, this is the United States, isn't freedom of speech grand?

And yes here is part of the solution. Legal immigration, if that was what you were getting at. To start it off, quite a few pages of paper work, $450.00, and a heck of a long wait. Waders not required.

I'm a cat person, how about "yelping mutt", or "shitzintheflowerbed Spot", or if's a Pit, just call it "yum yum".

Talltimber
12-03-2007, 06:54 PM
The Netherlands are nice, as is the country that my wife is from one that you mentioned. When you start using only black and white paint you may miss the gradation of colors that are nearby and far.
I am confident you can go to any land, start flipping over rocks and find some unsavory sorts where ever you go.

I see the King of Sudan has protected and pardoned the teacher....

Seems I been asked to "just shut up" a time or two. Which reminds me I need to talk with my Senator again and mention the threats to his TSP account.

Will those that control what happens actually realize they are rearranging the deck chairs on the Hindenburg Did the airship Hindenburg have deck chairs?

Talltimber
12-04-2007, 04:07 PM
Decks? yes, chairs? yes, deck chairs? no... Deck chairs are are collapsable and suitable for exterior use.
http://www.nlhs.com/interior.htm

http://www.nlhs.com/images/hindenburg/big_hindenburg_promenade_deck.jpg