PDA

View Full Version : "Lurker" Joining the Fray....

Stoplight
10-31-2007, 04:02 PM
Hello, Talkers !

Found this Board after quiting my Fed job in September....Enjoying all the comments, advice, and "learning opportunities" on what to do with my FERS/TSP balance (although I don't yet understand 95% of what I read :) )

Stoplight....

nnuut
10-31-2007, 06:28 PM
Welcome to the Message Board Stoplight!! Money, Money let's make more!! That's one of the things this Board is about.:D
Norman

whitemingo
10-31-2007, 06:31 PM
Stoplight,

Welcome. Read the boards and find those who have investment stategies that you are comfortable with. There are folks here from conservative to aggresive when it come to investing. Good Luck.

Frixxxx
10-31-2007, 06:39 PM
Welcome, look through the man TSP Talk Forums for thread titles that interest you. If things aren't clear, ask. I signed on in February and have learned tons. Good Luck!:cool:

Show-me
10-31-2007, 08:40 PM
Welcome the the fray and good luck!!!

EW_ret
10-31-2007, 09:57 PM
Welcome to our forums. You can join our Automated Tracker once you have 10 posts. Read the Automated Tracker Rules in my signature. Its been recording our members' IFTs and returns since August 31st. Click Members Ranking (http://www.tsptalk.com/tracker/tsp_user_balance_all.php) to see the current return rankings of our members.

James48843
11-01-2007, 08:04 AM
Welcome Aboard, Stoplight-

Did you quit your fed job, or are you retired?

Different strategies depending on the answer- and how long before you need your money.

Nice to have you aboard- this is the place to learn.

Good luck, and happy investing....

Stoplight
11-01-2007, 08:36 AM
Thanks for the "welcome", nnuut, whitemingo, Frixxxx, Show-me, EW, and James ! I look forward to learning.....

James : Unusual case, perhaps :)....quit, but eventually eligible for retirement

I just got burned out at my last job. I have enough years to pull a pension, but only when I turn 60 (7 years)....I let my pension money ride rather than cash out. Right now, I'm mulling over my options, including the possibility of going back to the Feds, but in a different agency/job/location.

Stop...

PEP
11-05-2007, 09:55 AM
Welcome spotlight, I'm still trying to figure out what to do and reach my 10 posts.

Stoplight
11-05-2007, 01:04 PM
Welcome spotlight, I'm still trying to figure out what to do and reach my 10 posts.

Thanks, Pep ! Glad to help you reach the magic number :)

Stop...

Stoplight
11-05-2007, 01:06 PM

....but that's "Stoplight", not "Spotlight"

Hey....maybe that'll get ME up to 10 posts ! :D

Stop....

nnuut
11-05-2007, 01:12 PM

Welcome to the Message Board PEP, when you reach 10 posts you may subscribe to the AUTOTracker to track your IFTs and Percent of gain or loss. Read the rules and follow the instructions. Best of luck!
Norman:D
http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/showpost.php?p=113427&postcount=1

PEP
11-05-2007, 02:39 PM
I've done a couple of IFT's since I joined but have not had any luck.

PEP
11-05-2007, 02:40 PM
....but that's "Stoplight", not "Spotlight"

Hey....maybe that'll get ME up to 10 posts ! :D

Stop....
Oops, sorry about that. I thought maybe you wanted to be in the "spotlight"

Stoplight
11-05-2007, 03:10 PM
Oops, sorry about that. I thought maybe you wanted to be in the "spotlight"

Naw....no spotlight for me (just yet !) I'm still trying to understand the lingo here ! There are way too many folks here that understand this stuff, and provide great advice to us newbies...my approach is to read 'em all, and go with what makes sense to me (and my gut !) It's a great site....

I've done a few IFTs too, based on info from the folks here....and it's done me good ! Raised my YTD return from ~8% to over 10%, but you can lose it just as quickly :mad: Guess that's the nature of the beast !

Good luck with your investing !

Stop....