PDA

View Full Version : Switch to new TSP account numbers prompts concern

CountryBoy
10-12-2007, 09:43 AM
Just the latest news on the account numbers. Apparently alot were either lost or folks never received them.

http://www.govexec.com/story_page.cfm?articleid=38266&dcn=todaysnews

CB

ChemEng
10-12-2007, 09:44 AM
Its a wonder the Expense Ratio is as low as it is...

BTW. I LOVE Open Range. Incredible movie!

SkyPilot
10-12-2007, 09:45 AM
Plus, you can't change them to something useful either. What a cluster....

Bullitt
10-12-2007, 09:46 AM
What a pain it is to log in!! Between work and TSP, I've got like 25 different password/login combos. And then they say it's a violation to write down your usernames and passwords. Give me a break!

CountryBoy
10-12-2007, 12:54 PM
Its a wonder the Expense Ratio is as low as it is...

BTW. I LOVE Open Range. Incredible movie!

I loved it also. Duvall is the ultimate cowboy and great actor.

CB

Frixxxx
10-12-2007, 01:11 PM
What a pain it is to log in!! Between work and TSP, I've got like 25 different password/login combos. And then they say it's a violation to write down your usernames and passwords. Give me a break!

I just want to know where you have written down your ATM and PIN Number:toung:

J/K:cool:

Wolverine
10-12-2007, 03:55 PM

LOL

Are you afraid the people in the black suits and dark glasses are gonna come to your front door?

SkyPilot
10-12-2007, 04:23 PM
LOL

Are you afraid the people in the black suits and dark glasses are gonna come to your front door?

Just because you are paranoid does not mean they are not out to get you! :D

Bullitt
10-12-2007, 04:58 PM
black suits and dark glasses

Oh no, you completely missed the point. The only thing that worries me is 'The Cooler'. I can't seem to get his voice out of my dreams. Doobie Doobie Doooo.

http://www.neonsign.com/eng_inflatables/images/budicepenguininf.jpg

Wolverine
10-12-2007, 05:11 PM
Ok Bullitt.............carry on then. LOL

rsowders
10-12-2007, 07:08 PM

I use KeePass, it's free, easy to use and automatically enters my login and passwords from one interface.

I only have to remember one password, the one for KeePass.

http://keepass.info/

EW_ret
10-12-2007, 08:17 PM
Just how secure is U.S. mail? Makes sense to me to send account numbers by email and its cheaper. They could have saved a million dollars. You can now enter your email address at TSP.gov to receive notices. They should automate TSP services and save even more money. Automatically email quarterly statements. It would help pay for all the trades we make. I would like capability to schedule my IFTs so when I am away they happen automatically! :cheesy:

wv-girl
10-12-2007, 08:44 PM
Just how secure is U.S. mail? Makes sense to me to send account numbers by email and its cheaper. They could have saved a million dollars. You can now enter your email address at TSP.gov to receive notices. They should automate TSP services and save even more money. Automatically email quarterly statements. It would help pay for all the trades we make. I would like capability to schedule my IFTs so when I am away they happen automatically! :cheesy:

Good idea. They want us to schedule leave early. Maybe they can take a page from the timekeeping services?
d :laugh::blink:

Show-me
10-12-2007, 10:02 PM

Now wait a minute dis'n my brothers and sisters at the PO. (tounge in cheek) :D A very small percentage use the Internet for financial transactions and old way are slow to change. U.S. Postal Service is very secure until it is delivered and the responsibility of our customers.

The 800,000 potential U.S.P.S. tsptalkers work very hard to get your letters to you in a timely manner. For 41 cents and the volume we deal with, you can send Aunt Betty a letter from Florida Keys to Alaska. Now consider all of the non for profit and political mails we do for next to nothing clogging the system. Not an easy job. :blink:

UPS letter 2nd day from Key West to Juneau only $34.43 and it might be there Wednesday if all goes well and no freebee mailings to deal with. :nuts:

James48843
10-13-2007, 08:16 PM
Just how secure is U.S. mail? Makes sense to me to send account numbers by email and its cheaper. :cheesy:

There is good security in the U.S. Mail. As I recall from earlier days in another line of work, the U.S. Mail is enstrusted to move certain levels of classified material from one location to another. Since the U.S. Army seems to think the U.S. Mail is sufficient for certain classified documents, I certainly feel safe between where the carrier picks up the mail, and where the carrier drops off the mail.

Of course, the increased used of "contracted out" letter carriers does bother me. I would much rather see a true-red-white-and blue U.S. Postal Service employee touch my mail, thank you very much.

To my U.S. Postal Service friends....thank you for your service.

And a tribute- Yes, he's fictional, but I always think of Cliff when I think about a good old all American postal employee.....

http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper337/stills/8bbw435e.jpg