PDA

View Full Version : Noob Here

PEP
10-11-2007, 03:49 PM
Hello all, here's a few things about me. I'm in the AF, 2 1/2 yrs to retirement, my spouse is civil service DAF, 10 years in.

I'm currently contributing 10% and my wife 12% to TSP. We both have 34%, 33%, and 33% in I, C, and S Funds.

I handle all of our TSP transactions, she just asks once a month what her balance is.

I found this site a couple of weeks ago and have been reading through and decided to join. I've always wondered if it was possible to day trade with your TSP account, I'd be interested in learning how to maximize my returns from the members on here.

tsptalk
10-11-2007, 03:57 PM
Welcome PEP! Hope we can help.

Tom

Minnow
10-11-2007, 03:59 PM
Hey Pep... welcome...

it's actually more accurate to call it "market timing" rather than day trading... but there are far more experienced and wise persons on this message board who can educate you as to this and other financial matters.

what is important is that you're here so, let's make money!!!

James48843
10-12-2007, 06:01 AM
Welcome aboard!

We're not necessarily "day traders", but there is a lot to learn, and handling your own money once you've become comfortable with your own level of risk can be more rewarding than simply the "buy and hold" mentality.

Best of luck, and happy investing!

Show-me
10-12-2007, 07:26 PM
Nice to have you aboard!!! Good luck.

EW_ret
10-12-2007, 08:21 PM
Welcome to our forums. You can join the Automated Tracker once you have 10 posts. Read the Automated Tracker Rules in my signature. Its still in testing by our members, but its working and tracking member fund transfers and allocations. Click Members Ranking (http://www.tsptalk.com/tracker/tsp_user_balance_all.php) to see the current rankings

PEP
10-15-2007, 08:44 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys. Where is a good place to read up on figuring out the market timing process? I dont want to open up new threads or ask questions that have already been answered.

PEP
06-01-2011, 08:53 AM
I'm back again. Last time I was posting I was 2 1/2 years to retirement and now I've been retired for about 8 months.

I had moved my wife and my TSP funds to the G fund for about a year now. I have to get reacquainted with the site and figure out what's going on. Still a noob after all these years.

mayday
06-01-2011, 09:00 AM
I'm back again. Last time I was posting I was 2 1/2 years to retirement and now I've been retired for about 8 months.

I had moved my wife and my TSP funds to the G fund for about a year now. I have to get reacquainted with the site and figure out what's going on. Still a noob after all these years.

Congratulations on the retirement.

nnuut
06-01-2011, 09:07 AM
Welcome back PEP!:D

FAB1
06-01-2011, 09:28 AM
Hi PEP- now that you're retired you have plenty of time to read and study. Bet you are ready to get that money out of the Garage and see some high gains, eh? This MB is the best place to be for your TSP (hey that rhymes)

:D

nasa1974
06-01-2011, 10:01 AM
After a 3 1/2 year hiatus welcome back. Congratulations on your retirement. Looking forward to mine. Great place to learn.