PDA

View Full Version : "Some Of My Own Profitable Ways" ;-)

TheProphet
09-28-2004, 11:24 PM
MACD stands for Moving Average Convergence Divergence. This technique is one of the most often used by the different simulator software as performing the technical analysis of stock trend using this method is easy and very straightforward. As I mentioned, the MACD works well both for a "long term", middle term and intraday trading systems. The Stock Traders Almanac uses to determine their
recommendation to buy and sale around every six month...
You also may find it in any technical charts... at yahoo.com or pcquote.com

You may find info at the web... on of many is below...
http://trader.snowseed.com/macd.htm
signals are generated when the line crosses zero. Crossing from negative into the positive is considered a buy signal, while crossing from the positive to negative is considered a sell signal. When the stock price is rising and MACD is falling (negative divergence), or vice versa, it can be considered an indication of "something going on" and can be used to predict changes in a trend.

I personal use many parameters into my personal trading algoritm...
The main categories are: Trent, Cycles, Seasonal, ramdon or irregular events to detemine my movements...
Samples of trents may be pre-election year, historical best six months of the year... etc..
Samples of cycles, events indepently from time)even thou we use time as a refernce including moon cycles,FOMC meetings, triple wishes, expiration dates, etc...
Sample of seasonal are around holidays and weather...
Christmas rally, Thanksgiving, Labor Day, Independence Day, Eater, New Year rally etc...
Sample of the random events are all kind of news...

Their is a 25 year compressed into one single year chart of the ratio between Russell 2000 and Russell 1000 I look close to that chart to determine into which fund C or S to get into... their are times the C funds perform better than the S funds... even thou the S fund in general is better performer when interest rate is low... as it is now... and even better the I fund due to the low dollar price index...

I keep a daily excel spread sheet and in which fund am I into and my total balance and % performed Year To Date.

I do have a simple and free personal webpage where I post my position... for anyone willing to know my position(s)...

http://www.geocities.com/earn100kplus/TSP.html?1096437973070

I usually 100% on the best I determine is the best at that time... right now I am 100% on G...

I do not read the future but I do educated decisions... ;-)

I do not have a crystal ball neither... and I make few mistakes and not always get into or out when I should.
I strongly belief that the market (DOW, S&P, Russell 2000) translated to C and S funds for me) will give me the chance to come out always with profit if I get into on a lowest possible point, at the right time, and I am patient enough... History prove my belief...

Thank you for invite me to I shared some few lines with...

Please feel free to keep in touch...

Dakota
10-28-2004, 03:08 PM
just read your article thanks for shring your ideas I always look forward to your thoughts and strategies

TheProphet
10-29-2004, 10:37 AM
Thank Dakota... We all are in the same boat... trying to profit from the market... Yesterday I hear on TV que indicided election may soft the market for awhile... I think thisis a veryclose election if so... I may wait till the week before thanksgiving... and then exit at the begining of December and go back for the Santa rally till mid January... I will keep posting my 2 cents...

Dakota
11-09-2004, 07:17 PM
Ikat, I think I wrote you an essay. feel free to post any part of it, keep in touch

Ed
01-11-2005, 09:39 PM
Where can I find your current TSP mix?