PDA

View Full Version : Hello & Thank you!

tspforretirement
09-27-2007, 07:20 PM
Hello All,

I’ve been “haunting” TSP Talk for a few years, and only recently (as you can see) decided to register into the board to do the “Talk” part.

I’ve found three key components of this board that has made me decide to materialize myself.

Getting very close to retirement, i.e., less than 10 years.

Many great discussions when it comes to investment strategies.

Core value of the board is maintained, my interpretation is to, make money for the platinum years, no flaming or falsifying of data (read the “short’ers” – those who stock trade know what I mean) and most importantly good information on both the national and international fronts.
I wish that I had taken part of the knowledge of the “world” when I was younger. Saving a few dollars then would have made a tremendous impact now. Now I hope to ensure my children learn a key value – COMPOUNDING LONG-TERM INTEREST! J

To the sysop and contributors - THANKS!

Hooah!

nnuut
09-27-2007, 07:25 PM
tspforretirement Welcome to the board. SAVE SAVE SAVE, and make smart moves, time isa wastin'.
Norman:D

ChemEng
09-27-2007, 08:39 PM
Welcome aboard!

Feel free to contribute anywhere there's a reply button!

Scott

tsptalk
09-27-2007, 09:56 PM
Hello All,

I’ve been “haunting” TSP Talk for a few years
Welcome! I thought the EMF readings were getting high here at times (I watch too much Ghost Hunters) :)

EW_ret
09-27-2007, 10:22 PM
Welcome to our forums. You can join the Automated Tracker once you have 10 posts. Read the Automated Tracker Rules in my signature. Its still in testing by our members, but its working and tracking member fund transfers and allocations. Click Members Ranking (http://www.tsptalk.com/tracker/tsp_user_balance_all.php) to see the current rankings

Show-me
09-28-2007, 05:30 AM
Welcome and thanks for sharing!

James48843
09-28-2007, 07:59 AM
Hooah! back at'cha.

(4 active, 6 guard enlisted, 10 guard officer, now thankfully gray-area retired).

Welcome, and you are absolutely correct on the "force multiplyer" that time is. More time equals more chance of a nice retirement vs. eating cat food.

tspforretirement
10-01-2007, 05:10 PM
Thank you all for the welcome!

I hope to not only learn more from this website, but, perhaps disperse some ideas that will hopefully help others!

Hooah!