PDA

View Full Version : Hello to all

DCguy
09-27-2007, 01:44 PM
Hello guys.. I have been working for the fed govt for almost 1 yr and I have been following ebb charts since I signed up for TSP. You can expect me to be here for the next 20 yrs.. I got a quick question for all. I can only do IFT before noon and the market closes at 4pm? or 6pm? Thx!

whitemingo
09-27-2007, 02:07 PM
Welcome DCguy. You can only make IFTs before noon for the next day. The IFT will take place at the close of the figures for the day. Make your IFT after noon and it will take effect for two days later. Markets close at 4:00. So you will be like the rest of us and watch the afternoon market wondering if you made a good choice for the next day. Have fun and Good Luck.

camper65
09-27-2007, 02:12 PM
Welcome onboard! Good place to learn.

EW_ret
09-27-2007, 02:32 PM
Welcome to our forums. You can join the Automated Tracker once you have 10 posts. Read the Automated Tracker Rules in my signature. Its still in testing by our members, but its working and tracking member fund transfers and allocations. Click Members Ranking (http://www.tsptalk.com/tracker/tsp_user_balance_all.php) to see the current rankings

James48843
09-27-2007, 04:45 PM
A brand new federal employee?

WELCOME, and congrats on your new career.

Lots of things to see and do here at TSPTALK. Look around!

And be sure to add your 2 cents worth. We all gain when we hear new perspectives from new people. You don't have to be a rocket scientist (please excuse the pun, all you NASA employees...) to get something out of this board, and to contribute to the board. Some of the best observations come from new people. So please feel free to chime in.

Good luck, and happy investing.

nnuut
09-27-2007, 05:47 PM
Best of luck DCGuy, I wish I only had one year and could start over with my TSP!! I'd put in every penny I could afford and be sitting pretty now.
See Ya around.
Norman:D

Show-me
09-27-2007, 06:24 PM
Cool beans newbie! Welcome to the MB!!!

Frixxxx
09-27-2007, 06:30 PM
:cool:Welcome DCGuy...Have fun, stay cool and make some money!:cool:

tsptalk
09-29-2007, 09:18 AM
Welcome DCguy!

DCguy
10-03-2007, 02:59 PM
Thanks guys. I have a quick noobie question. How do you calculate the final daily F,C,S, and I value? I see FCSI graphs at the bottom of the screen. Today, I see I dropping like a rock, but ppl say I's up 5 cents...

charmed855
10-03-2007, 03:14 PM
Thanks guys. I have a quick noobie question. How do you calculate the final daily F,C,S, and I value? I see FCSI graphs at the bottom of the screen. Today, I see I dropping like a rock, but ppl say I's up 5 cents...

DCguy, pay little attention to the I fund graphs at the bottom of the page. The I fund tracks the EAFE Index which you can see here: http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/quote?ticker=EFD:IND#

The I funds is also impact by "fair valuation" which you can read about here: http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/showthread.php?t=4168

The C and S can be calculated using the links to yahoo on the graphs below.

DCguy
10-03-2007, 04:09 PM
Thanks very much. That explains it.