PDA

View Full Version : Time to play in the sand box...

JTH
09-20-2007, 09:07 PM
I'm leaving Sat morning. I'm hoping I'll have internet access where I'm going.
You guys do me a favor and take care of the market while I'm gone. :D

jayhawker
09-20-2007, 10:25 PM
We'll deinitely keep an eye on the market for you!

Stay strong, stay safe. If you get the chance and if it's an appropriate response, get a kill for me. :)

Ed.

James48843
09-21-2007, 12:18 AM
Keep your head down.

Keep your gear on.

See you in 15 months.

Show-me
09-21-2007, 05:09 AM
Get two for me, their small. Good journey, see ya when ya get home.

ChemEng
09-21-2007, 05:32 AM
Know that we appreciate your service.

Depending on your job, internet connections will either be readily available or non-existent. I had a MAJ that went to Afghanistan on an all expense paid vacation that sat in a FOB and analyzed IED SITREPs for the Afghan theater. He had internet access constantly. My brother is a Marine and been on the same vacation twice (going again in March). Internet for him is spotty at best.

Let us know when you get back.

nnuut
09-21-2007, 07:08 AM
Be safe JTH!:D

Callme_CO
09-21-2007, 07:49 AM
Goodluck JTH i've been there once myself. like it's said depending on where you are is the key. Some have really good/fast connections and other places don't have any at all. and remember the most important thing is coming home.

SkyPilot
09-21-2007, 08:00 AM
Go with God, and please be safe!

Wrngway
09-21-2007, 09:19 AM
Been there...Get into your rythm and the time will pass before you know it! Good Luck! :cool:

uknowwho
09-21-2007, 07:16 PM

You should have internet access through the MWRs over there. I traveled much of the country and every FOB I went to had internet access.

And make sure you take advantage of the SDP when you get there. You get a guaranteed 10% rate of return and can contribute up to $10,000 dollars. There is NO RISK to top it off, it's easy money.

You become eligible after 30 days in a combat zone which begins once you get to Kuwait and are carded in. You can go to your finance unit on your FOB or any FOB to make a deposit or answer any questiosn about it.

http://www.dfas.mil/army2/investmentoptions/savingsdepositprogramsdp.html

Birchtree
09-21-2007, 08:43 PM
You can also sock away $44,000/year into your TSP.

JTH
09-22-2007, 09:05 PM
Thank you everyone for the kind words and great advise. I'm currently in VA and expect to cross the pond tomorrow.

This TDY will be a short 4 month stint, and the facilities will be top-notch. As a USAF Comm guy, I'll be in a joint command and I hope I'll get to spend some time taking care of our sister services who will be visiting me on their 4-day pass from places like Iraq.

I consider this to be a good TDY and have learned to be humbled by those who have less yet always do more...

God Bless...JTH

ChemEng
09-23-2007, 12:53 AM
AF set up any golf courses in the sand box yet?

Just kidding.

Keep your head low and well look forward to some good stories when you get back.

dox1842
09-17-2008, 11:22 AM
Ill be over there too hopefully, My last mission got cancelled and I missed the opportunity to make big buck$$ Gonna max out tsp and get some SDP bonds as well :D

Frixxxx
09-17-2008, 02:57 PM
Thank you everyone for the kind words and great advise. I'm currently in VA and expect to cross the pond tomorrow.

This TDY will be a short 4 month stint, and the facilities will be top-notch. As a USAF Comm guy, I'll be in a joint command and I hope I'll get to spend some time taking care of our sister services who will be visiting me on their 4-day pass from places like Iraq.

I consider this to be a good TDY and have learned to be humbled by those who have less yet always do more...

God Bless...JTH
From one AF Comm guy to another.....Safe journies and God's Speed.

His will be done!:cool:

Callme_CO
09-17-2008, 03:04 PM
My unit is officially on alert. no time frame and if there was i couldn't post it due to op sec but a good chance i'll have another tour under my belt :)

Aviator_Guy
09-17-2008, 03:31 PM
Keep your head down and don't forget to shoot first and ask questions later... I was over there in 91 and dont miss it... Stay Safe!!