PDA

View Full Version : Hello

dragonsoldier
09-20-2007, 06:32 PM
Hello one and all. I discovered this fine board by googling TSP. I am Civil servant who has been contributing for about 3 years. I work at Fort Bragg and I am totally clueless on how it works. I know that i put 5% so it would match but thats about it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

camper65
09-20-2007, 06:40 PM
Glad to have you!
Good place to learn!

FUTURESTRADER
09-20-2007, 07:25 PM
Hello one and all. I discovered this fine board by googling TSP. I am Civil servant who has been contributing for about 3 years. I work at Fort Bragg and I am totally clueless on how it works. I know that i put 5% so it would match but thats about it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

put it in L2040 or retirement year appropriate L fund, then bone up here and other market sources, and empower yourself

nnuut
09-20-2007, 08:42 PM
dragonsoldier Welcome, I used to live in Goose Creek, keep the faith!
Norman:D

jmb
09-22-2007, 07:33 AM
I know that i put 5% so it would match but thats about it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)
hi dragonsoldier...I too started off with "my" 5% + 5% matching. After seeing the value of compounding interest I decided I needed to contribute the max possible I could manage. A post I read in here SOMEWHERE said it best --- pay yourself first

I spent the first 5 years or so in the G Fund... however, I deeply regret that. I lost out on a lot of profit. The L Funds weren't around back then for me to consider but they do seem to be a good bet until you learn more --- and as I've found out --- there is tons to learn here.

A fellow newbie :)

Callme_CO
09-22-2007, 08:15 AM
Nice to see you guys here. I'd look into the ebbtracker. :) have a good one.

Show-me
09-22-2007, 08:36 AM
Welcome to the MB!

EW_ret
09-22-2007, 11:33 AM
Welcome to our forums. You can join the Automated Tracker once you have 10 posts. Read the Automated Tracker Rules in my signature. Its still in testing by our members, but its working and tracking member fund transfers and allocations. Click Members Ranking (http://www.tsptalk.com/tracker/tsp_user_balance_all.php) to see the current rankings.

tsptalk
09-22-2007, 12:01 PM
Welcome dragon!