PDA

View Full Version : TSP Transfer

Spaf
09-23-2004, 07:13 PM
When we do a fund transfer the web site asks if we want a reply by e-mail. I've started saying yes. I get a quick reply via e-mail. I don't want them to send me a reply via the mail which takes more time and cost 37 cents. I would hate for them to limit or change the transfer system because of ie., cost.

Is this the right thing to do ???

tsptalk
09-23-2004, 08:50 PM
Yes. Let's keep costs down so they don't do away with daily transactions.

crondanet5
11-25-2004, 08:31 AM
as a postal employee, i have to say no. also, i like the fact that having the tsp computer "confirms" my requested allocation by sending the confirmation notice to a hard printwer and sending me the confirmation notice on a piece of paper. also, tsp does not pay 37 cents per envelope as you thought. recently i had a transfer allocation "lost" by them and i missed making some dollars. Have you experienced? what is with this "2 business days" to effect the transfer?

Rolo
11-25-2004, 09:22 AM
I hate snail mail. It takes up space. I have to fiddle with it.

Attached is a spreadsheet I made that converts the IFT e-mail "before" and "after" chart to human-readable format for entering transactions into financial software, such as Quicken or Money. All you do is paste the chart from the e-mail into the spreadsheet.

Tom, can you add that to the utilities? Let me know if the instructions need expounding.