PDA

View Full Version : Another new old guy

jeburnside
09-14-2007, 10:09 AM
Hello everyone,
I've followed TSP Talk for a few years now and have decided I'll chime in on occasion. I'm active duty, transitioning after 20 years in March 2008. I've been paying close attention to the ebbChart and have a high degree of confidence in it's daily determinations.

James48843
09-14-2007, 01:36 PM
Welcome!

Nice to have you. Bet you can't wait to hit 20.

My first 18 weren't too bad. But that 19th year was a bear while waiting to make 20.

There is life after service!

Best of luck, and happy investing!

nnuut
09-14-2007, 01:41 PM
Welcome jeburnside, are you gettin' SHORT or going for the long haul? Good luck.
Norman:D

EW_ret
09-14-2007, 02:11 PM
Welcome to our forums. I was U.S. Army Signal Corps for ten years, but could not see staying in for 20 at the time. When discharged in 1980 I joined the U.S. Navy as a civilian engineer. I retired from that job in 2005.

You can join the Automated Tracker once you have 10 posts. Read the Automated Tracker Rules in my signature. Its still in testing by our members, but its working and tracking member fund transfers and allocations. Click Members Ranking (http://www.tsptalk.com/tracker/tsp_user_balance_all.php) to see the current rankings.

Show-me
09-14-2007, 02:15 PM
Welcome to the mb and good luck investing. Nice avatar!

tsptalk
09-14-2007, 02:28 PM
Welcome aboard! Thanks for joining us, and thanks for your service!

Frixxxx
09-14-2007, 04:32 PM
Welcome, welcome, welcome! We can always use some new old blood here! Good luck!:cool:

jeburnside
09-14-2007, 06:19 PM
are you gettin' SHORT or going for the long haul?
Norman:D This will end the long haul....unless you consider 20 years short? I'm already looking for my second career. I graduate from Southern Illinois University in the next month or so and will pursue a career as a corporate trainer/HR rep.

I know there is life after the military. I'm so looking forward to exercising my rights to the constitution since I've spent such a long time defending those rights for others. It's my turn to enjoy those civil liberties that our brothers-in-arms are dying for.

Its good to be amongst a great group of people!

Jimmy