PDA

View Full Version : Listing of taxes by state

BeaverState
09-09-2007, 06:23 PM
I recently went to a retirement seminar at my work and they suggested looking into moving to another state upon retirement because the taxes would be significantly lower. In my case if I moved 50 miles to another state I would save 9 percent in taxes a year. Of course sales taxes are higher there but I could always drive over the bridge for most of my day to day purchases. It got me thinking. I found this link that lists the tax burdens of each state http://www.retirementliving.com/RLtaxes.html

McDuck
09-09-2007, 08:26 PM
Did hear that last week Obama said that we should all convert to Islam because there are no taxes in Islam?

The press all covered his dyed beard instead of his statements about his intentions about the free world/

Hallatauer
09-12-2007, 03:21 PM
I am planning to retire in about 4 years and looked into the difference in tax burdens depending on state. I'm presently in New York, which is a tax hell. I'm moving to Texas which, for starters, has no state income tax. Thanks for that link as it reaffirms what I found.

clester
09-12-2007, 07:26 PM
Tennessee is 48th in overall tax burden.(Thats good)

fabijo
09-20-2007, 11:39 PM
Alaska has the least tax burden, but everything else is so expensive there. Thanks for the link!

tspforretirement
10-17-2007, 08:00 PM
Alaska has the least tax burden, but everything else is so expensive there. Thanks for the link!

Hi fabijo,

True - Alaska has the least tax burden.
True - It is expensive.

But - As a permanent resident of Alaska you are eligible for the Permanent Fund Dividends (and your children), for 2007 it is $1654.00. Family of four would receive $6616.00 this year, just for living (establishing residency) in the state! More information on the PFD is at: https://www.pfd.state.ak.us/

And a nice thing about Alaska is that if you don’t have the money for food, all it takes is a string and hook throughout most of the year.

HOOAH!

"If the wife would only agree!!!" :nuts::nuts: