PDA

View Full Version : Dates on homepage link

JTH
09-08-2007, 02:47 PM
When I go to TSPTalks home page, I always look at the date on Toms commentary link. This way I don't have to click on the link to see if it's been updated.

Can the same thing be done on Fred & Ebbs links? It's really not a big deal, I just thought it may save us some time, and perhaps some bandwidth or something.

Thanks...JTH

tsptalk
09-08-2007, 06:08 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. I probably don't even need to put a date on my commentary link since it, ebb, and Fred's pages are updated every week day by early morning (late the night before actually) and if I do have a late change like what happened with Ebb Friday, you will see an update in big red letters on the home page. TSP Corner and Divot's article are less consistant and definitely need the date.

I write small blurp on my commentary link of the home page and it reminds me to update the date each day. I could probably add the date easily enough, but I'm afraid I'd forget to update the dates on the links to the system pages and someone could miss something. I frequently forget to update the date on Revshark's link.

So, bottom line - good idea, but I don't trust myself to update it consistently. :)