PDA

View Full Version : For those who follow my advice...

09-23-2004, 07:12 AM
for those who are negative on my advice I do not want to hear from you since I have been making some serious cash in this choppy market(and those who follow me have been saying they have been raking it in also).

I have gotten eight e-mails asking to come back on this board and do more posting. I am happy to help out.

Here is my game plan for right now. I am looking to get back in the market around 7 Oct (historically this is the worse day of the year...down over 87% of the time). The following week is historically agood week. I am looking to make a quick turnaround from 7 to 15 Oct. The week after that is the best week for small cap.

I have been 100% G fund since 21 Sep. As you can see by a post about twodown I was beating 22 Sep was the start of the end of FY selling off (is that awesome or what??? Right on the button!!! This is three times in a row after the fed tightening the market went higher and down the next day. I just play the trends. However the fourth tightening will not be a up day.

As I have been saying over and over...lower highs and higher lows. For those who did not get greedy during the topping out process that started last week did well.

Once again thank you for all the positive e-mails. I will refine my game plan over the weekend...the above is the planks of thinking. I believe the bond market has it right, the economy is slowing and I strongly believe 2005 will be a horrible year for stocks.

I will refine and put down in more detail my plans moving forward.

:DMT

10-09-2004, 05:36 AM

Spaf
10-09-2004, 11:26 PM
MarketTimer wrote:
Here is my game plan for right now. I am looking to get back in the market around 7 Oct (historically this is the worse day of the year...down over 87% of the time). The following week is historically agood week. I am looking to make a quick turnaround from 7 to 15 Oct. The week after that is the best week for small cap.

I have been 100% G fund since 21 Sep.

:DMT

MT where are you at, you lost me! Are you in stocks or still in the G fund?

On Oct 6-7 the market hit a double chug-hole! (big red candlesticks).
On Oct 10 TSP will be closed for the holiday.
Is Tues the 11th - Fri the 15your upday feelings?

Mike
10-11-2004, 01:42 AM
He either went back into the marketlate last weekor is going to be on Tuesday the 12th (since we can't do anything today).

This is where we are at on the current year which has seen war, lots of terrorist action overseas, and very high oil prices:

Jan 2: G $10.24 F $9.94 C $11.61 S $12.50 I $12.99

Oct 8: G $10.58 F $10.33 C $11.91 S $13.03 I $13.79

So we have G up $0.34 (3.32%), F up $0.39 (3.92%), C up $0.30 (2.58%), S up $0.53 (4.24%), and I up $0.80 (6.16%). Obviously, these aren't great numbers, but the S and I funds are still outperforming the G and F. Years ago when our economy wasn't as efficient, we'd probably be looking at a down year at this point in the markets.

TheProphet
10-12-2004, 09:33 PM
Dr. Bill,
100% agree 2005 will be a very hard for the market...
G Fund will be my place... However if US Dollar index continue into down spiral collapse... the I Fund may be profible... not totallly sure... I need your wisdom...
Leon