PDA

View Full Version : The mortgage bailout begins!!!

VirginiaBob
09-01-2007, 04:12 AM
What the President proposed today was to allow some borrowers that previously would not have qualified to get FHA insurance because they were late on their current mortgage to get the insurance (for a premium at the taxpayers cost, of course) provided that these 5 conditions are met:
1. They have a history of on-time mortgage payments before the borrower's teaser rates expired and loans reset
2. Their interest rates must have or will reset between June 2005 and December 2009
3. They have three percent cash or equity in the home
4. They have a sustained history of employment
5. They have sufficient income to make the mortgage payment

So basically, the responsible people that got fixed rate mortgages paid the full interest rate the last few years, while the people who went for the teaser rate the last few years paid less interest, yet still get the break of paying fixed interest from now on.

BeaverState
09-01-2007, 09:24 AM
It seems to me the banks are doing it to themselves. They don't have to raise peoples rates to 9 or 10 percent a year just because they can. Seems like they are being too greedy. I'm against the bailout. It seems to reward the bad decisions that were made.

Birchtree
09-01-2007, 03:06 PM
In the next 18 months the patient and timely smart speculator will be buying stressed real estate properties. Buy'em when prices are falling and you are the answer to many fallen wounded. I'm starting to shop in the Blue Ridge for waterfront land or mountain property - one realtor told me she had several lakefronts available owned by individuals from Florida and they have become motivated sellers. Not until they are on their knees and begging, especially when they realize I'm qualified to offer my helping hand to relieve them of their burdens. Many unfortunate speculators are simply stuck. I'm not going to be a shark in disguise but I will require value. I'm going to be like a butterfly flitting from flower to flower.

BeaverState
09-01-2007, 05:04 PM
The President's plan takes subprime loans, taken out by people who generally have bad credit, and replaces them with FHA loans, efectively giving the people AAA credit. This also has the effect of bailing out the lenders. :mad:

dell
09-03-2007, 07:26 PM
Dennis: Which part of the Blue Ridge are you finding the waterfront values? My wife and I are "looking". We are also looking in the SW corner of GA and the SE corner if AL.