PDA

View Full Version : New Tracker Software

FogSailing
08-25-2007, 05:50 PM
Hi:

I've been trying to access the account to "verify" myself for the new tracker software. I type in my ID and Password, but apparently since it is taking me to the Admin Menu login page, I'm either doing something wrong, or I'm at the wrong place...but I'm not getting anywhere.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

FS

ocean
08-26-2007, 06:36 AM
Hi:

I've been trying to access the account to "verify" myself for the new tracker software. I type in my ID and Password, but apparently since it is taking me to the Admin Menu login page, I'm either doing something wrong, or I'm at the wrong place...but I'm not getting anywhere.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

FS

FS,

The url is: http://www.tsptalk.com/tracker/tsp_user_login.php

Thanks
Ocean

Callme_CO
08-26-2007, 07:04 AM
I don't have my password yet...will i get it later?

Spaf
08-26-2007, 10:40 AM
As far as I know, the new Tracker is still under testing and de-bugging.

Callme_CO
08-26-2007, 10:52 AM
that's what i thought but wasn't sure after reading it if i should have that stuff yet or not....ty

FogSailing
08-28-2007, 09:16 AM
Thanks. I'll try it again..

FS

FogSailing
08-30-2007, 09:41 PM
Hi Ocean:

I appear to still be having a problem, I wrote Tom a few days ago and he suggested I try again, and if that didn't work...give you a holler..

I went to the url as you posted, used my Login : FogSailing and then my TSPTalk Password. I get a message saying:

No match with user id and password, please try again.

So I tried again with no success..:embarrest:

Any suggestions would be appreciated..

Thanks,

FS

ATCJeff
08-30-2007, 09:49 PM
Hi Ocean:

I appear to still be having a problem, I wrote Tom a few days ago and he suggested I try again, and if that didn't work...give you a holler..

I went to the url as you posted, used my Login : FogSailing and then my TSPTalk Password. I get a message saying:

Thanks,

FS

FogSailing,

It appears you are not active.
look here.... http://www.tsptalk.com/tracker/tsp_user_show.php

Send Ocean a PM and he probably will send you a password. Hope this helps.

Jeff

budnipper1
08-30-2007, 10:01 PM
Steps to acquire password for existing members:

1. Submit your email address to EW_ret ahead of time for manual entry

2. When email address is on file, go to
http://www.tsptalk.com/tracker/tsp_user_login.php

3. Click on "Forgot password"

4. Type in your assigned user ID

5. User ID and associated password will be sent to you via email
http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/showpost.php?p=112828&postcount=2 (http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/showpost.php?p=112828&postcount=2)

I don't have my password yet...will i get it later?

Hi Ocean:

Thanks,

FS

EW_ret
08-30-2007, 11:37 PM
A member account in the Automated Tracker requires a email address you frequent during the day. Send me a PM with your email address and I'll add it to your profile. Starting this Friday (8-31-2007), and thereafter, you access the Online Tracker by this URL: Online Tracker - User Login (http://www.tsptalk.com/tracker/tsp_user_login.php). I do not issue passwords. The tracker does this automatically.

The first time you access the login page you must request your temporary password by clicking Forgot Password. This is located below the Login window. Your temporary password will then be emailed to you using the address you provide. You can change your password once you have successfully logged in.

The new Online Tracker is still in Beta form. Therefore, you must still enter your IFTs in your normal TSPTalk account. This is still the official tracker. We request you enter the same fund allocations into the Online Tracker, but its not required. You can enter any allocation you wish into the online tracker. We want to exercise the new tracker and iron out any bugs that may appear.

ocean
09-04-2007, 09:40 PM
I just checked in the hotel room in MA area tonight for TDY for the next 2 days. (been driving since this afternoon). Turned on the computer and connected to the internet. Checked the autotracker results and oops. Not again with those multiple rows. It's back. I don't have my development machine with me. The best I can do right now is to go in the hosting database server to manually delete the extra rows. So the analysis page would look normal.

Ocean

Boxholder
12-12-2007, 04:28 PM
Am I correct in assuming there are problems with the correct postings in yesterday's automated tracker? It seems that the bottom portion of the tracker has the wrong %'s posted for the day in the return analysis section. In other words, the actual percentage posted for the fund losses for yesterday does not seem to be correct in the lowest portion of the tracker. Does anyone else see this, or am I getting more stupid in my old age?

EW_ret
12-12-2007, 05:18 PM
There appears to be a problem in the Daily returns from 2007-12-10 reported for some members in Members Returns Analysis table. The Members Ranking and Allocation table shows the correct Daily Return for those in the I fund. The anomaly appears in the Members Returns Analysis table. For some members who were in I fund it reports a return of -1.37% for the Daily Return since 2007-12-10. It should report a return of -1.95% for all members in the I fund. This appears in the lower half of the table (rank 59-100 area). These members who were in I fund all week (Monday and Tuesday) have a Daily and WTD return of -1.37%.

tsptalk
12-14-2007, 07:46 PM
EW - Is ocean aware of this? Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Update: Looks like ocean has been making changes today (12/14).

EW_ret
12-14-2007, 09:39 PM
Yes, Ocean is aware of this issue. There were a few PMs on the subject between us. He said he would look into it and he corrected the Daily return for the SentimentSurvey that day.

ocean
12-15-2007, 02:37 PM
Will work on it to get the numbers fixed. Also I saw the "de-list" feature really worked well.

Ocean

ocean
01-12-2008, 03:50 PM
I am working on the sorting routine, the stat pages are not correct at the moment and it will be fixed by Monday.

Ocean

tsptalk
01-12-2008, 04:13 PM
Thanks ocean!

poolman
01-12-2008, 05:23 PM
I am working on the sorting routine, the stat pages are not correct at the moment and it will be fixed by Monday.

Ocean

Thanks Ocean, Also on the "View IFT of the day" Screen it would be nice to put a space or even a color change in between dates of members ift's. I find myself constantly looking for date changes while viewing this screen.

http://www.tsptalk.com/tracker/tsp_user_record_all.php

Thanks Ocean. P.S. You have done a marvelous job creating and updating this program. I know it is not a piece of cake. Many Modules and lot's of Code. Good Job!!! :)

I'm sure other member's appreciate your hard work. :)

ocean
01-12-2008, 09:44 PM
Thanks Ocean, Also on the "View IFT of the day" Screen it would be nice to put a space or even a color change in between dates of members ift's. I find myself constantly looking for date changes while viewing this screen.

Thanks Ocean. P.S. You have done a marvelous job creating and updating this program. I know it is not a piece of cake. Many Modules and lot's of Code. Good Job!!! :)

I'm sure other member's appreciate your hard work. :)

The sort-by-YTD feature for stat pages is done and the prior year returns is viewable as well. Thanks Poolman, this tracker indeed took me a lot of effort (week ends and week nights) to get to this point.

I will look at the suggestion you made and modify it accordingly.

Ocean

Show-me
01-12-2008, 10:11 PM
Very nice job on the tracker!

poolman
01-12-2008, 10:32 PM
The sort-by-YTD feature for stat pages is done and the prior year returns is viewable as well. Thanks Poolman, this tracker indeed took me a lot of effort (week ends and week nights) to get to this point.

I will look at the suggestion you made and modify it accordingly.

Ocean

Beautiful job Ocean, I have a couple of more things that should be brought to attention but don't want to overwhelm you. The sorting on this year's data was a biggy and it looks great.

On the "Members Returns Analysis" screen the first column should read Daily returns from 2008-01-11 and not "Daily returns from 2008-01-10"

Thanks Again, Poolman

P.S. Couple of more things but one tree at a time

:)

ocean
01-13-2008, 07:11 AM
Thanks Show_me.

Poolman,

Daily returns from 2008-01-10 seemed right because it showed the returns from 2008-01-10 to 2008-01-11. Well, that is my way of thinking. May be I can rephrase it to Daily returns for 2008-01-11.

Ocean

poolman
01-13-2008, 08:23 AM
Thanks Show_me.

Poolman,

Daily returns from 2008-01-10 seemed right because it showed the returns from 2008-01-10 to 2008-01-11. Well, that is my way of thinking. May be I can rephrase it to Daily returns for 2008-01-11.

Ocean

I think rephrasing it sounds more accurate although I also see the other viewpoint. :)

ocean
01-13-2008, 09:57 AM

Took a quick mod on this page. The color changes based on the odd and even dates so it will show the same color when dates happened with last day of the month is 31st. eg. 1/31 and 2/1. I don't this is a big deal and hope you will like it.

Ocean

poolman
01-13-2008, 10:33 AM
Took a quick mod on this page. The color changes based on the odd and even dates so it will show the same color when dates happened with last day of the month is 31st. eg. 1/31 and 2/1. I don't this is a big deal and hope you will like it.

Ocean

Not a Big Deal at all based on the last day of the month and the first day of the next month when both could be odd day's. This looks great Ocean and I noticed you made the change under "Members returns analysis" Screen on Column 1 Daily returns as of heading, that makes much more sense and looks great also. And the sorting on this year's data is Awesome.

On the "Member's IFT Records" Screen when you scroll down for example my name Poolman and click on "click here for returns" my first entry under "return's in %" is -2.55 I think this is quite confusing. I see how it was derived being from the previous day. I think that the first entry for everyone's should be blank and starting with the second day the cumulative return's in % should be started. Does this make sense to you ?

Overall you are really making this AutoTracker very nice and very informative. Thanks Again.

Poolman :)

ocean
01-13-2008, 10:47 AM
Not a Big Deal at all based on the last day of the month and the first day of the next month when both could be odd day's. This looks great Ocean and I noticed you made the change under "Members returns analysis" Screen on Column 1 Daily returns as of heading, that makes much more sense and looks great also. And the sorting on this year's data is Awesome.

On the "Member's IFT Records" Screen when you scroll down for example my name Poolman and click on "click here for returns" my first entry under "return's in %" is -2.55 I think this is quite confusing. I see how it was derived being from the previous day. I think that the first entry for everyone's should be blank and starting with the second day the cumulative return's in % should be started. Does this make sense to you ?

Overall you are really making this AutoTracker very nice and very informative. Thanks Again.

Poolman :)

Thanks. I have not re-visited that page for a while. Some time in the future I will look at it again and make a clear representation of those numbers. As for now, I will take a short break on the tracker.

Just like the hair commercial, I am not only the "creator", but I am also a client. So I know pretty much what folks want from the tracker.

I am getting ready to watch some football in a little while and have a good day.

Ocean

poolman
01-13-2008, 10:49 AM
Thanks. I have not re-visited that page for a while. Some time in the future I will look at it again and make a clear representation of those numbers. As for now, I will take a short break on the tracker.

Just like the hair commercial, I am not only the "creator", but I am also a client. So I know pretty much what folks want from the tracker.

I am getting ready to watch some football in a little while and have a good day.

Ocean

Thanks Ocean, Have a great Day. You have done a wonderful job. No hurry on this. :)

ocean
01-14-2008, 06:23 PM
I noticed the display error after I synced the price. This was because I modified the module on Saturday. I will get it fixed.

Ocean

Show-me
01-17-2008, 05:50 PM
Could someone take a picture of the tracker and send it to me before you update the share price for today. :sick: :laugh: :D

ocean
01-17-2008, 05:54 PM
I am already way down on the bottom of the list and you are still up there.

ocean
01-17-2008, 06:35 PM
Show-me,

After I did the sync, I know what you mean.

Ocean

Show-me
01-17-2008, 06:36 PM
Show-me,

After I did the sync, I know what you mean.

Ocean

I'd buy ya a drink if ya lived closer. ;)

ocean
01-17-2008, 06:51 PM
We all should have a drink and get drunk and then forget about this mess for a while.

Rod
01-17-2008, 06:53 PM
We all should have a drink and get drunk and then forget about this mess for a while.

I'm sipp'n my Dr. P...:cool:

ocean
01-17-2008, 06:56 PM
I'm sipp'n my Dr. P...:cool:

Hey Rod, I still managed to fix the new sync module and now it seemed everything is back to normal.

Rod
01-17-2008, 07:09 PM
Hey Rod, I still managed to fix the new sync module and now it seemed everything is back to normal.

You ROCK!

I'm clicking on an add below your name to contribute to your adsense!:cool:

Rod
01-17-2008, 07:11 PM
You ROCK!

I'm clicking on an add below your name to contribute to your adsense!:cool:

It would be nice if folks started doing that again. I haven't received any clicks since Dec- and that was only one click. Thank you BTW, to whoever that was.:)

GGal
01-17-2008, 11:41 PM
That's funny. I've been thinking to myself, your icon even looks like Colin Ferrel. Then I saw it was your grandfather. I'm sorry he was cut short....so unfair.

GGAL

Rod
01-18-2008, 08:26 PM
That's funny. I've been thinking to myself, your icon even looks like Colin Ferrel. Then I saw it was your grandfather. I'm sorry he was cut short....so unfair.

GGAL

Yeah... I believe you even made that exact comment about myself (I believe it was from a photo from my wedding).

I guess that's a compliment if I resemble my Grandfather.:)

ocean
01-24-2008, 07:04 PM
Please note that Mercy's 1/24 WTD returns was 12.91% is incorrect. Everything else seemed to be fine.

Ocean

ocean
01-24-2008, 07:47 PM
Mercy WTD returns error has been fixed. Sorry to put you from #1 to #140 position.

Ocean

poolman
01-26-2008, 09:34 AM
Hello Ocean, I wanted to bring to your attention that "squalebear is in position 21 and 71 in the Autotracker".

Also I don't think that any member that started being tracked in the current year "2008" should have any information or data in the "returns since 2007-08-31" field.

Thanks for looking. :)

Poolman

ocean
01-27-2008, 10:42 AM
squalebear double display has been fixed. Took poolman's suggestion, made modification on prior year returns stat page for clarity.

Ocean

poolman
01-27-2008, 06:36 PM
Thanks Ocean, Look's great.

poolman
02-04-2008, 05:27 PM
Hello Ocean, Man this Tracker sure is nice!

I don't think the "YTD Total IFT" column is as Credible as it once was when we had unlimited IFT's. Not to say that we have seen this enforced as of yet but, If we do I think it would be better to have this column read "MTD Total IFT" as to be a reminder to Member's of how many IFT's they have made per month.

Poolman

Barney
02-07-2008, 03:36 PM
Disregard this message!

ocean
02-08-2008, 05:42 AM
Hello Ocean, Man this Tracker sure is nice!

I don't think the "YTD Total IFT" column is as Credible as it once was when we had unlimited IFT's. Not to say that we have seen this enforced as of yet but, If we do I think it would be better to have this column read "MTD Total IFT" as to be a reminder to Member's of how many IFT's they have made per month.

Poolman

Poolman,

Agreed that MTD total IFT will make more sense and useful with 3 IFTs max per month. Will get it done over the weekend.

Ocean

poolman
02-08-2008, 08:51 AM
Poolman,

Agreed that MTD total IFT will make more sense and useful with 3 IFTs max per month. Will get it done over the weekend.

Ocean

Thanks, Ocean.

ocean
02-09-2008, 10:12 AM
"MTD IFT Total" column has been added in the ranking page. My question is that should we limit to 3 IFTs per month just like the Office TSP site. They need about 4-5 months and cost hundreds of thousand dollars to implement it and I think I can do it in less 3 hours and no cost.

Although this board is opposing the limit of 3 but if we don't do the same, we may not be in-synced with the regulation in April. BTW, some members already had 4 IFTs this month. I can have those members snail mail to EW to do IFT as well just to make the TSP official happy :)

Ocean

poolman
02-09-2008, 10:53 AM
"MTD IFT Total" column has been added in the ranking page. My question is that should we limit to 3 IFTs per month just like the Office TSP site. They need about 4-5 months and cost hundreds of thousand dollars to implement it and I think I can do it in less 3 hours and no cost.

Although this board is opposing the limit of 3 but if we don't do the same, we may not be in-synced with the regulation in April. BTW, some members already had 4 IFTs this month. I can have those members snail mail to EW to do IFT as well just to make the TSP official happy :)

Ocean

Ocean, The MTD, IFT, column looks great. Of course we don't want to limit ourselves. Hope you were joking.. :)

ocean
02-09-2008, 12:26 PM
Ocean, The MTD, IFT, column looks great. Of course we don't want to limit ourselves. Hope you were joking.. :)

Yes, I was just joking.

poolman
02-09-2008, 01:31 PM
Yes, I was just joking.

thanks, you got me... :D

ocean
02-09-2008, 03:30 PM
Just finished the returns display on the member IFT editing page, now the WTD, MTD, QTD and YTD returns are showed correctly.

tsptalk
02-09-2008, 03:39 PM
Thanks for all of your hard work! We really appreciate it!

ocean
02-09-2008, 03:57 PM
No problem Tom.

Ocean

poolman
02-09-2008, 04:39 PM
Thanks for all of your hard work! We really appreciate it!

Ok. This is Awesome... I Love it... Thank's Ocean.. :D

ocean
02-10-2008, 06:03 PM
An experimental page called Ocean's list has been added.

http://www.tsptalk.com/tracker/tsp_user_toplist.php

This list consisted of:

1) Top 10 members of the combined last 10 business day with each of the average fund allocation. Definitely this is the section that members may want to pay attend if the maximum returns is desired. This list does not contain the paid services such Ebb, RevShark, Trader Fred or any of the G/F/C/S/I, Life Cycle funds so to eliminate the bias calculation.

2) The Dog list from the bottom 10 members which I am currently on this list. Members for sure need to avoid this allocation if possible.

3) Top 20 list which is a list taken from the other stat page and to be identified here as hall of framers.

Enjoy

Ocean

nnuut
02-10-2008, 09:49 PM
Great work Ocean, we need all the info we can get, this makes things easier.:D

ocean
02-10-2008, 10:29 PM
Great work Ocean, we need all the info we can get, this makes things easier.:D

Nnuut,

Thanks. I truly believe that the Top 5, Top 10 and the Bottom 5, Bottom 10 lists under the Ocean's list would help members to make better educated decision for fund allocation in the long run.

Ocean

James48843
02-13-2008, 09:31 AM
Note:

New member "dagon" is showing a -100% negative return on the auto tracker today, and is in last place. Not sure what that is about.

EW_ret
02-13-2008, 10:00 AM
This has already been noticed by Ocean, and reported by Dagon. Ocean is on travel this week, and will correct it when he returns.

Note:

New member "dagon" is showing a -100% negative return on the auto tracker today, and is in last place. Not sure what that is about.

ocean
02-13-2008, 06:27 PM
Dagon's error had been manually adjusted.

Ocean

tsptalk
02-25-2008, 10:37 AM
Here's a suggestion someone emailed me... Thanks.

Suggestion: Please this header above each line so the columns can distinguished when the page is scrolled....

Allocation date/time IFT date(COB) G F C S I L2040 L2030 L2020 L2010 Income

whitemingo
02-25-2008, 10:51 AM
Tom,

A locked header line is a good idea. Would it be possible to have an entry that shows the overall percentage of all participants in the tracker and where the investments are? Not just of any one person but where all combined end up. By looking at the entry we could see how much of the tracker is in the G Fund and so on. I would be interested to see how well we do as a group or does it come out to an even spread.

Thanks

EW_ret
02-27-2008, 05:29 PM
Problems reported:

1. The re-sync for revised fund prices for 2-25-2008 did not recalculate the returns for members in I fund and Lifecycle funds. TSP.gov revised the I fund price for 2-25-2008 by +$0.15 after we entered fund prices. This caused the returns for I fund and Lifecycle funds to be understated. EW_ret corrected the fund prices for 2-25-2008 on 2-26-2008, but the re-sync did not update member returns for 2-25-2008. The entry of fund prices and sync for 2-26-2008 brought the returns up to date, but the daily return for 2-26-2008 are overstated.

2. Member BamaAF shows -100% returns in the tracker after their first IFT for COB 2-25-2008.

tsptalk
02-29-2008, 09:20 PM
Would it be possible to have an entry that shows the overall percentage of all participants in the tracker and where the investments are? Not just of any one person but where all combined end up. By looking at the entry we could see how much of the tracker is in the G Fund and so on. I would be interested to see how well we do as a group or does it come out to an even spread.

Thanks

As of 2/29/08, I get an average return of -5.35% for all members, using a spreadsheet and taking out the fund and index returns on the list.

Ocean, would this be difficult to add?

ocean
03-01-2008, 09:26 PM
I have completed the following today:

1. Fixed BamaAF display error.
2. Added header for each IFT member on the IFT page.
3. Added the "all member averages" under the Ocean's list page. As of 2/29, all members average were -5.2%. The paid services and index funds were not included.

Currently working on the "Last-login date" feature, and it will replace the last "IFT date". The new feature will determine members' activities on the autotracker. If member does not login the autotracker for more than a specific day, he/or will be listed as de-listed. EW will post the new rule separately.

EW,
You mentioned earlier the I fund and L Cycle fund were incorrect between 2/25 and 2/26.
Not sure if the I fund and the L cycle were back on track as of now.

Ocean

whitemingo
03-01-2008, 10:21 PM
Ocean,

Thank you for the changes.

ocean
03-02-2008, 06:08 AM
You are welcome, Whitemingo.

The "Days since last login" feature is done on the member record page. It replaced the "Days since last IFT". EW will remind member for inactivity if not login for more a specific day. It will result with a de-listed status if member has no further action. Once de-listed, member can login again and activate the "OK" status automatically.

Enjoy

Ocean

whitemingo
03-03-2008, 11:22 AM
Paladin,

Where are you able to see a M-T-D amount? I did not know we were able to see that.

EW_ret
03-03-2008, 12:44 PM
EW,
You mentioned earlier the I fund and L Cycle fund were incorrect between 2/25 and 2/26.
Not sure if the I fund and the L cycle were back on track as of now.

Ocean

They are correct, on track, after the 2/26 fund price posting, except the daily return. The only issue I see if someone wanted to go back and view the returns as of 2/25, they would be incorrect for the I fund and Lifecycle funds.

EW_ret
03-03-2008, 01:23 PM
I have completed the following today:
... Currently working on the "Last-login date" feature, and it will replace the last "IFT date". The new feature will determine members' activities on the autotracker. If member does not login the autotracker for more than a specific day, he/or will be listed as de-listed. EW will post the new rule separately. ... Ocean

We changed Rule 7 of the Automated Tracker so members do not have make an IFT every three months to remain active/listed in the tracker. It now reads, " 7. You must successfully log into your account at least every three months to remain listed in the Automated Tracker. If you remain at the same fund allocation, just login every couple months to remain active. Your account will be will be de-listed from the Automated Tracker, if you fail to successfully log into your account in more than three months. "

ocean
03-03-2008, 03:58 PM
They are correct, on track, after the 2/26 fund price posting, except the daily return. The only issue I see if someone wanted to go back and view the returns as of 2/25, they would be incorrect for the I fund and Lifecycle funds.

Thanks EW. If just 2/25 with error, I would let it the way it is now.

ocean
03-03-2008, 04:04 PM
Ocean,

The tracker is currently showing a M-T-D loss for my account. Isn't today the first trading day of March and therefore shouldn't the M-T-D return currently be zero? (Perhaps this is somehow related to Leap Year, February 29...)

To be 100% correct, the M-T-D should be 0. The numbers showed today was carried from last month as of 2/29. (It is not caused by the leap year though). I probably will not do much on that unless there is really an error. After I do the fund prices and sync up with all members, the M-T-D returns would reflect to the March numbers.

Ocean

ocean
03-03-2008, 06:33 PM
To be 100% correct, the M-T-D should be 0. The numbers showed today was carried from last month as of 2/29. (It is not caused by the leap year though). I probably will not do much on that unless there is really an error. After I do the fund prices and sync up with all members, the M-T-D returns would reflect to the March numbers.

Ocean

After the price entry and synchronized all members, the M-T-D did show error for some members. I will get it fixed in the near future.

ocean
03-11-2008, 11:25 AM
Few members had identified the autotracker error with M-T-D returns for some members. Paladin already stated that there may be an 2/28 and 2/29 issue that caused certain members with incorrect results on M-T-D. Currently I am tight on my schedule and I promise will get to that and fix it when I have a little free time.

Ocean

ocean
03-12-2008, 06:39 AM
Few members had identified the autotracker error with M-T-D returns for some members. Paladin already stated that there may be an 2/28 and 2/29 issue that caused certain members with incorrect results on M-T-D. Currently I am tight on my schedule and I promise will get to that and fix it when I have a little free time.

Ocean

OK, Paladin was correct that it was the leap year problem. I am surprised that the software script php 4 didn't take that well. I did the quick fix and hard coded to add 1 day so it is now 2/29. Paladin, truehonest please verify your own m-t-d number now. Next time when I face this problem will be 4 years later. At that time, I should have a lot of time since I may be already retired.

Ocean

Show-me
03-12-2008, 08:16 PM
Mack-Daddy is 30th on the track with a -14.87% YTD and no allocation.

ocean
03-12-2008, 10:02 PM
Mack-Daddy is 30th on the track with a -14.87% YTD and no allocation.

Display problem caused by his IFT tonight and time-stamp error showing IFT today instead of 2/13. Problem has been corrected. Thanks for reporting.

optionman
03-15-2008, 03:16 AM
Please take a look at member rankings in the autotracker. Look specifically at those ranked 2 and 13. Each have 50% in F but the daily returns are different. As a result when corrected 13 may become 14 or 15?

Additionally, when I try and open the weekly PDF file I'm getting an error message. Can someone please take a look at that as well. Thanks.

optionman:cool:

ocean
03-15-2008, 06:27 AM
Please take a look at member rankings in the autotracker. Look specifically at those ranked 2 and 13. Each have 50% in F but the daily returns are different. As a result when corrected 13 may become 14 or 15?

Additionally, when I try and open the weekly PDF file I'm getting an error message. Can someone please take a look at that as well. Thanks.

On the member ranking page, the allocations are based on the close of business date (COB). Therefore, the daily returns are based on their previous allocations. If you click on the names of rank 2 (Extreme WX) and 13 (Heres14U), they both had 50%G, and 50F for the previous day. Same as rank 1 (nsurf9), his/her 0 daily returns was based on the previous 100% G allocation, not 30% C, 70%S. It seemed the daily returns calculation was fine.

Tom, you may want to check the bad link on the weekly PDF file and correct it.

Thanks for reporting.

Ocean

optionman
03-16-2008, 01:14 AM
On the member ranking page, the allocations are based on the close of business date (COB). Therefore, the daily returns are based on their previous allocations. If you click on the names of rank 2 (Extreme WX) and 13 (Heres14U), they both had 50%G, and 50F for the previous day. Same as rank 1 (nsurf9), his/her 0 daily returns was based on the previous 100% G allocation, not 30% C, 70%S. It seemed the daily returns calculation was fine.

Tom, you may want to check the bad link on the weekly PDF file and correct it.

Thanks for reporting.

Ocean

Ocean--Got it, thanks. Just thought it looked odd on the tracker. I can now access the PDF also.

James48843
03-24-2008, 06:57 PM
Problem tonight in the value of the "L Income" fund.

Share price should read $13.35,

It is entered as $15.35.

That made the L income fund go up 15% in one day.

I'm not sure how to back it out with the correct price after it's been sync'd.

ocean
03-24-2008, 07:15 PM
Problem tonight in the value of the "L Income" fund.

Share price should read $13.35,

It is entered as $15.35.

That made the L income fund go up 15% in one day.

I'm not sure how to back it out with the correct price after it's been sync'd.

Thanks Jim for reporting. I was typing it without my reading glasses.

Ocean

tspgo_com
04-12-2008, 12:09 AM
Just out of curiosity:

It seems that Ebb made about 10 IFT's in February and 9 in March. With the IFT limitation, how is it possible to have at least 4 IFT's in April?

Thanks.

tsptalk
04-13-2008, 10:46 AM
Just out of curiosity:

It seems that Ebb made about 10 IFT's in February and 9 in March. With the IFT limitation, how is it possible to have at least 4 IFT's in April?

Thanks.
Ebb continues to post his old system's activity for any members who want to continue to follow using ETF's, or possibly time their own transfer day. But you will notice he has a 2nd account "Ebb_TSP" that was started at the beginning of this year to comply with the proposed limits.

optionman
04-15-2008, 03:38 AM
The member ranking page still reflects prices from Friday 11 Apr? Thanks.

Paladinxx
05-04-2008, 10:35 AM
The M-T-D Return shown on the "My IFT Allocation" page is incorrect. See Paladin's Account Talk post #5 for details.

ocean
05-05-2008, 06:13 AM
The M-T-D Return shown on the "My IFT Allocation" page is incorrect. See Paladin's Account Talk post #5 for details.

Can you or EW identify what the correct M-T-D and Y-T-D returns are and I will try to fix it.

ocean
05-08-2008, 04:45 AM
I noticed the duplicate lines on the stat pages. Currently I am on TDY and I will resolve it this weekend when I return home.

Ocean

ocean
05-08-2008, 04:48 AM
BTW, the IFT allocation function still works but it will get updated by the end of this week.

Ocean

luv2read
05-08-2008, 08:05 AM
thanks to our techies for keeping everything working!:D

Pill
05-08-2008, 08:14 AM
Agreed! Thanks for all you hard work and effort.

James48843
05-08-2008, 08:11 PM
Luv2read- I think you may have jinxed it.

Ocean- massive line item problem tonight- there are thousands of entries tonight.

Hope you are able to recover it this weekend. Have a safe TDY.

luv2read
05-08-2008, 10:09 PM
Luv2read- I think you may have jinxed it.

Ocean- massive line item problem tonight- there are thousands of entries tonight.

Hope you are able to recover it this weekend. Have a safe TDY.
EEP! Sorry guys!:(;)

ocean
05-09-2008, 03:59 PM
Currently I am experiencing problem with importing the backup file (May 5) in the database because of the file size exceeded the maximum size permitted by Tom's server. According to the error message, Tom's server allowed 2MB and the backup file is 6.2MB. Unfortunately the multiple-line file has been deleted and the backup file is the only source to recover. I will PM Tom and see if the file size can be expanded.

Ocean

ocean
05-10-2008, 12:55 PM
Backup file as of May 2 has been loaded and I will update it to the current date as soon as I can.

Ocean

XL-entLady
05-10-2008, 01:04 PM
Thank you, ocean! You're a gem!
Lady

ocean
05-10-2008, 02:57 PM
Thanks Lady.

I am still working on the IFT data between 4/5 and 4/9. Most of you had made IFT during that period may have incorrect data for now and I will continue to work on it tomorrow.

Ocean

ocean
05-11-2008, 10:14 PM
IFT data between 5/5 and 5/9 had been fixed and I think everything is back to normal now.

Ocean

luv2read
05-12-2008, 12:26 AM
thank you Ocean! You are the wizard of databases!:D

tom1tom1
05-12-2008, 08:49 AM
Really enjoy the auto-tracker. Thanks Ocean, your the best!

Guest2
05-12-2008, 03:07 PM
Ocean, Your The Best ! Your hard work must sometimes
seem unending. It's Noticed and Appreciated ! I wish to
add my thanks to the many before me and for those who
yet to realize the effort it takes to keep this thing going.

YOUR TRULY IN DA MAND !
AND TRULY ARE DA MAN !

Thanks!
SB

ocean
05-12-2008, 04:05 PM
Thanks for all of you. I just wanted to contribute what I can to this board like most of you here.

Ocean

Guest2
05-14-2008, 11:29 AM
Accordinging to the Automatic Tracker Software, I incurred a lose -.04%
I believe this is in error as I believe it should show a gain of +.11%. I've
attempted a PM , but didn't get a response and the error is still present.
Could someone please help correct the error.

54%(G) resulted in unchanged
30%(C) resulted in a lose of -0.06%
20%(S) resulted in a gain of +0.62%

All told, this resulted in a 5/13/08 COB gain of +0.11%
:confused:

EW_ret
05-14-2008, 05:58 PM
I agree the tracker should have calculated a Daily return of +0.1058% for May 13th, rather than the reported -0.04%. Your allocation was 50% G, 30% C, and 20% S for May 13th. You made an IFT to 54% G, 31% C, and 15% S at COB May 13th. This was your third IFT into equity funds in May (C fund went from 30% to 31%). How did you manage that since the new rules only allow two IFTs into Equity funds in a calendar month?

Ocean will have to address this return issue. I do not have access to the tracker database.

Accordinging to the Automatic Tracker Software, I incurred a lose -.04%
I believe this is in error as I believe it should show a gain of +.11%. I've
attempted a PM , but didn't get a response and the error is still present.
Could someone please help correct the error.

54%(G) resulted in unchanged
30%(C) resulted in a lose of -0.06%
20%(S) resulted in a gain of +0.62%

All told, this resulted in a 5/13/08 COB gain of +0.11%
:confused:

ocean
05-14-2008, 09:08 PM
Currently I am on tdy. I will look at squalebear's account when I return home this weekend.

Guest2
05-15-2008, 07:35 AM
Currently I am on tdy. I will look at squalebear's account when I return home this weekend.

Ocean, Thanks and be careful on TDY.

ocean
05-16-2008, 10:19 PM
Squalebear's error has been fixed

James48843
05-19-2008, 10:29 PM
Ocean:

no one had updated tonight by 11 pm, so I went ahead and entered today's prices, and did the sync for 2008-05-19.

It's been a long time since I did one, and I didn't sync the days between friday and today (05-17, 05-18). But I didn't think that was necessary.

It turns out it looks like everyone came out just fine, with one exception.

nsurf9 (http://www.tsptalk.com/tracker/tsp_user_returns_daily.php?user=nsurf9) showed up as having lost. 3.45% today. I don't know how- he was in "I" fund, and showed an IFT to "G" today a 12:02. It should have been within the proper cutoff time, so somehow the "I" only in his account showed a 3.45% decrease, when it should have been exactly 0%, since "I" stayed at 24.66.

Not sure what happened, and why only his account.

Jim

ocean
05-20-2008, 07:20 AM
James,

Thanks for the help and currently on tdy. Check-in very late last night because of the flight delay and now is rushing out for meeting. Will PM you tonight.

Ocean

Guest2
05-20-2008, 11:10 AM
Squalebear's error has been fixed

A belated Thank You for everything. :)

EW_ret
05-20-2008, 11:29 AM
Mr_BOOOOM reported an error in his Daily return for May 19th. The autotracker shows a Daily return of -1.90% for MR_BOOOOM while he was 100% C fund, with a IFT to 100% G Fund. Both nsurf9 and MR_BOOOOM initiated a IFT to 100% G Fund.

Ocean:

no one had updated tonight by 11 pm, so I went ahead and entered today's prices, and did the sync for 2008-05-19.

It's been a long time since I did one, and I didn't sync the days between friday and today (05-17, 05-18). But I didn't think that was necessary.

It turns out it looks like everyone came out just fine, with one exception.

nsurf9 (http://www.tsptalk.com/tracker/tsp_user_returns_daily.php?user=nsurf9) showed up as having lost. 3.45% today. I don't know how- he was in "I" fund, and showed an IFT to "G" today a 12:02. It should have been within the proper cutoff time, so somehow the "I" only in his account showed a 3.45% decrease, when it should have been exactly 0%, since "I" stayed at 24.66.

Not sure what happened, and why only his account.

Jim

ocean
05-21-2008, 06:04 AM
Some members' returns were incorrect with new IFT in the last two days. It was caused by the manual adjustment two weeks ago because of the multiple lines problem. I will fix it this weekend when I return home and I will update the fund price and sync members returns (today to Friday) this weekend. Meanwhile, members still can do IFT as all IFT data will be recorded.

Ocean

Asylum
05-22-2008, 11:06 AM
FYI/A:

The Tracker still shows everyone's standings as of 20 May (Tues) as well... today is Thur 22 May.

EW_ret
05-22-2008, 11:12 AM
Read Ocean's post above regarding updating fund prices. He will correct returns and update fund prices this weekend when he returns. He is on TDY and cannot adjust/correct things until he returns and has access to the tracker database. The member standings/rankings are updated when the fund prices are entered and the synchronization (sync) is performed. This "sync" process calculates the returns for each member based upon the entered fund prices and the fund allocations.

FYI/A:

The Tracker still shows everyone's standings as of 20 May (Tues) as well... today is Thur 22 May.

ocean
05-24-2008, 10:04 AM
Errors had been corrected for members:

nsrf9, MR_Boooom, TerpTrader, SugarandSpice, Gumby, FiveTears, Wolverine, and SteadyGain.

The problems were caused by the multiple line error occurred a couple of weeks ago with these affected members now entered their first IFT and triggered a minor problem that I did not anticipate. This is because I did the manually adjustment on the database and did not correct the other associated database table. Now these members should be fine.

My recent work assignment required me constantly on the road, so if some database related problems occurred during the week, I have to halt the price entry and sync function in order to stop the accumulative problems to save the time to correct it when I return home for the weekend. As an example, it took me about 4 hours this morning to correct the above members' error by hand with pen, paper and calculator.

Another note, I noticed some members have more than 2 IFT limits per month. I understand this autotracker is for entertainment purpose only and 95% of the members follow this rule. The question is that should we all follow this rule and everyone has the same level of playing field.

Ocean

tsptalk
05-24-2008, 11:43 AM
Another note, I noticed some members have more than 2 IFT limits per month. I understand this autotracker is for entertainment purpose only and 95% of the members follow this rule. The question is that should we all follow this rule and everyone has the same level of playing field.
This is a good question. With the new rule, starting in May, no one is able to make more transfers in their TSP accounts than the new TSP limits allow. So, we should enforce a similar rule fior the autotracker starting in May. But we may be able also to satisfy the active ETF folks. Read on.

While we don't care if your transfers on the autotracker match those of your TSP account (since we can't know what you are actually doing in your account - and we are more interested in seeing what strategy works rather than seeing what your account is actually doing), we do care that members are following the new rules so that we are all on a level playing field in the monthly contests.

We may need to do the asterisk (*) thing for anyone going over the limit after April 30, 2008. If you have an (*) you may not qualify for the monthly / annual prizes...
OR
We may need to start a second category. I know some folks are trading ETF's and some are having success doing it. We'll have to talk about that part a little more.

But I suggest pointing out the accounts on the tally that are not staying within the limits.

Thanks for all of your work on the autotracker ocean! I should be able to take over some time in July. Although I may have to bug you with some questions for a while. :)

tspgo_com
05-24-2008, 05:09 PM

Ocean

Ocean/Tom:

Thank you so much for your hard work and dedication maintaining the Tracker.

Another note, keep in mind that members can make two IFT's to any fund or fund combination and then they can scale down to the G-Fund as many times as they wish in a month. You might have someone with 10 IFT's but 8 of those are moves to the G-Fund.

It seems that except for two or three almost everybody is sticking to the TSP IFT rule.

I would suggest that those not following the rule to be removed from the tracker because it serves no purpose to follow something that can't be applied in real life.

Thank you again.

Guest2
05-24-2008, 06:39 PM
Ocean/Tom: It seems that except for two or
three almost everybody is sticking to the TSP IFT rule.

I would suggest that those not following the rule to be removed from the tracker because it serves no purpose to follow something that can't be applied in real life. Thank you again.

Woe now, most respected members! I fully agree that if you find anyone
increasing their stake in the CSIF by more then 1% after obtaining the
2 unrestricted IFT's, a flag must be raised.

As previously written, The limits (2) to go anywhere DO NOT include the
ability to go back to the (G) as long as you have money in the CSIF.
Further, When moving money back to the (G), your current allocations in
any fund can be rounded up to the next whole percentage. ie... 13.23%
can be rounded up to 14.0%. Thats why I previously stated that
"anything over 1%" (after unrestricted) should raise a flag.

To say that only (2) or (3) members are NOT sticking to the rules is not
accurate, unfounded and unfair. As of COB 5/23/08 ten (10) members
have more then two IFT's. AND they have all "stuck to the rules".
If the software that controls the tracker can be changed to reflect the
above, it might be a good idea to do so (less hands on requirement).
If not, then human observation (moderators or such) will need to keep
a watchful eye on erroneous IFT's. Now if the "Tracker Rules" have
changed, it's the first I've heard about it.

IMHO, this is nothing more then the Thrift Boards failure to clearly state
the rules and how they apply to the 3.9 million TSP participants. Although
many TSPtalk members have written about this topic, the message has
obviously not gotten through. Otherwise, we would not be reading such
suggestions like; "remove members from the tracker".

As I see it, there are only three solutions. Tweak the software,,, Increase
oversight by knowledgable moderators,,, or,,, Change the tracker rules to
reflect the limitations of the software and the inability to monitor the IFT's
manually.

This was written with the utmost respect towards my fellow TSPtalk
members and should not be taken as a attempt to embarrass or degrade
anyone. The hard work put into this site is evident on a daily basis and
those (you know who you are) should be as proud, as I am appreciative
of the behind the scenes struggle to make this a success.

If this rant should help in anyway, my mission is accomplished. :o

tsptalk
05-24-2008, 06:47 PM
To say that only (2) or (3) members are sticking to the rules is not accurate, unfounded and unfair.
I think he was saying only 2 or 3 were not sticking to the rules.

Guest2
05-24-2008, 07:01 PM
Thats what I meant to write, however, they ARE sticking to the rules.
Which rules are being broken? Does the tracker now have a 2 IFT limit?

or

Are the TSP limits confusing our membership ?

tsptalk
05-24-2008, 08:01 PM
Cool, then we won't have a problem. I know the ebbchart ETF system still trades daily but we don't plan to show that much longer - just the Ebbchart TSP system trades, which does stay within the limits.

It sounds like everyone else is mirroring their TSP account, which is good.

tspgo_com
05-24-2008, 10:20 PM
To say that only (2) or (3) members are NOT sticking to the rules is not
accurate, unfounded and unfair. As of COB 5/23/08 ten (10) members
have more then two IFT's. AND they have all "stuck to the rules".

Where did you get the idea that I said that "only (2) or (3) members are NOT sticking to the rules". This is the opposite to what I said.

I am not sure what your long explanation is all about. It is obvious that you misunderstood completely what I meant when I said " It seems that except for two or three almost everybody is sticking to the TSP IFT rule." It is true that a comma (,) is missing. But it still says that everybody was sticking to the rule except for two or three. My suggestion was for only two or three to be removed from the tracker.

I disagree with you when you say "IMHO, this is nothing more then the Thrift Boards failure to clearly state the rules and how they apply to the 3.9 million TSP participants. Although many TSPtalk members have written about this topic, the message has obviously not gotten through. Otherwise, we would not be reading such suggestions like; "remove members from the tracker".

In my statement there was no misinterpretation of the "Ruling". Perhaps some members don't want to admit it but the Board is clear when it says that in a month you can make two moves to wherever you want and that all subsequent moves must be to the G-Fund. The reason why we reading about removing members from the tracker has nothing to do with the Board but to your misunderstanding of my statement when I said "It seems that except for two or three almost everybody is sticking to the TSP IFT rule."

I appreciate your contribution to this MB but It seems you jumped the gun a little bit to soon.

Good luck!

tspgo_com
05-24-2008, 10:30 PM

or

I tried to answer your PM but it said that you do not accept PM's.

EW_ret
05-24-2008, 11:09 PM
I disagree with your statement that all IFTs have abided by the new IFT restriction rule. I know of one member who made a third IFT move into the S and I funds from the F fund. The G fund percentage remained unchanged. We currently have no autotracker rule on this IFT restriction. Should we add this rule?

or

Guest2
05-24-2008, 11:13 PM
Boy oh boy, did I mess this up or what !

I'm gonna address any mistakes I made
in my next entry. I will also answer some
questions that have been posed to me.

My PM option is marked with a check.
Anyone can PM me should they desire.

Guest2
05-25-2008, 01:06 AM
TOM:
TSPGO:
OCEAN:
EW_ret:

I may have jumped the gun, and for that, I sincerely appologize to my
fellow tsptalk members. When I read the thread and thought that there
was talk about removing members from the Tracker for having more then
two IFT's. I got scared and rushed to the tracker to see how many IFT's
I had so far and if anyone was abusing or misrepresenting their actual
real life transactions. I found that I had 6 for the month of May and failed
to see anyone with abnormal IFT's. The members with 3 or more IFT's all
appeared to be appropriately going back to the (G) Fund. In my mind, this
placed me in the catagory of being possibly removed from the tracker and
that some of our membership were under the impression that we're locked
in to having only 2 IFT's. I knew this to be wrong and started to type out
my previous rant. Since then, I've come to find out that the concerns
over a erroneous (never could do in real life) IFT's on the tracker was
originally missed by me and gave good reason to seek alternatives in
handling the problem. I feel like a horses ass and again, wish to extend
my appoligize for misunderstanding the situation at hand.
:o

McDuck
05-31-2008, 10:40 AM
First, I think the Auto Tracker is great. It's very useful and user friendly.

This morning, I was looking at the "Members ranking and current allocation" page and noticed that 9 out of the top 10 accounts listed were started to be tracked after the first of the year. This gives an inaccurate view of who is doing well this year. The market nose-dived on the first day of the year and took a couple of months to start coming back up.

I think that page should be split into two tables. One for people being tracked since day-1-of-2008 and one for people who start afterwards.

Also is there a rule where people have to post so often to verify that they have not quit posting their moves and their tracker is actually tracking an inactive account?

Thanks

Guest2
05-31-2008, 12:01 PM
IMHO, a rule to require the posting of a IFT within a certain amount of
time would not work. However, under the tracker, the section "Member
IFT Records" clearly shows the "De-Listing" of those who fail to login for
a certain amount of time and thus, are taken off the Tracker.

I've looked at the "Member Standing and Allocation" before and remember
noticing that only 2 members began (January 1) which is before I started
(January 2). The seperation may be pleasant to the eye, but would not
serve any great purpose. The Weekly Tally only includes those who have
been in the tracker since 1/1/08. For those like me, we have to wait for
2009 to be included. I don't plan on missing it for the world.

Its a tough job keeping up with this technology and a lot of behind the
scenes efforts take place almost daily. Maybe keeping it simple would be
better then making additions at the cost of time and accuracy. Again, I
just wanted to chime in and share my opinion as a simple member.

EW_ret
05-31-2008, 01:42 PM
The Weekly and Monthly Tally separate members into those groups based upon the date they joined the Automated Tracker. These tallies are the official returns that TSPTalk uses for prizes and recognition. There is no need to further complicate the Automated Tracker by breaking into separate tables. Here is the link to the Returns Tracker and Tally (http://www.tsptalk.com/tsp-tracker.html) (click) page.

First, I think the Auto Tracker is great. It's very useful and user friendly.

This morning, I was looking at the "Members ranking and current allocation" page and noticed that 9 out of the top 10 accounts listed were started to be tracked after the first of the year. This gives an inaccurate view of who is doing well this year. The market nose-dived on the first day of the year and took a couple of months to start coming back up.

I think that page should be split into two tables. One for people being tracked since day-1-of-2008 and one for people who start afterwards.

Also is there a rule where people have to post so often to verify that they have not quit posting their moves and their tracker is actually tracking an inactive account?

Thanks

ocean
06-09-2008, 09:41 PM
Fivetears data is in error and I will take a look in the next few days (currently I'm on the road).

Ocean

optionman
07-27-2008, 04:05 AM
Something appears to be wrong with autotracker. Since the beginning of 2008 autotracker has been 1.34% below my tracker due to starting on the 17th of Jan which is understandable. The difference now is over 2%. As of today my YTD is 7.67% so autotracker should have me at 6.33%.

om:cool:

EW_ret
07-27-2008, 06:08 AM
Something appears to be wrong with autotracker. Since the beginning of 2008 autotracker has been 1.34% below my tracker due to starting on the 17th of Jan which is understandable. The difference now is over 2%. As of today my YTD is 7.67% so autotracker should have me at 6.33%.

I read your account talk and noticed your post 308 (http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/showpost.php?p=172852&postcount=308) Friday mentioned this return discrepancy. I reported it by PM to Ocean, but we need any details if you have them. I will now investigate and attempt to narrow down the dates when the return discrepancy occurred in your autotracker account. I then will report to Ocean, so he can correct it. Do you believe it happened in June or July? Any particular week when you first noticed it?

optionman
07-27-2008, 10:17 PM
I read your account talk and noticed your post 308 (http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/showpost.php?p=172852&postcount=308) Friday mentioned this return discrepancy. I reported it by PM to Ocean, but we need any details if you have them. I will now investigate and attempt to narrow down the dates when the return discrepancy occurred in your autotracker account. I then will report to Ocean, so he can correct it. Do you believe it happened in June or July? Any particular week when you first noticed it?

EW--Thanks, I do have all trades, dates and prices in an excell spreadsheet format and can provide them upon request. I noticed the descrepancy about a month ago so it probably would have happened sometime bewteen May and July. I pulled up the dates in the tracker and done a quick scan to see if there was any difference in dates. Didn't see a descrepancy there. I pulled up the TSP prices on the dates I made IFTs and noticed one descrepancy that actually added to my account by a very small amount. I had a number inverted. I get the feeling it has something to do with my recent 60/40 IFT to the S and I fund. That's where I would look first. Please let me know if you need additional information. Thanks.

EW_ret
07-28-2008, 08:21 AM
EW--Thanks, I do have all trades, dates and prices in an excell spreadsheet format and can provide them upon request. I noticed the descrepancy about a month ago so it probably would have happened sometime bewteen May and July. I pulled up the dates in the tracker and done a quick scan to see if there was any difference in dates. Didn't see a descrepancy there. I pulled up the TSP prices on the dates I made IFTs and noticed one descrepancy that actually added to my account by a very small amount. I had a number inverted. I get the feeling it has something to do with my recent 60/40 IFT to the S and I fund. That's where I would look first. Please let me know if you need additional information. Thanks.

I have examined the returns reported in the autotracker from May 5th to July 25th and the calculations performed by autotracker are correct when compared with IFT entries in a spreadsheet. The total return for this period was -0.63% (5 May-25 July). On May 5th your YTD return reported in autotracker was 6.20% and on July 25th your YTD return reported in the autotracker was +5.53%. If their are return error(s) they occurred prior to May 1st. The May, June, and July calculations in autotracker are correct according to my calculations.

The attached PDF shows the IFT in autotracker and the spreadsheet return calculations. If you believe there remains a return issue with your account, I will have to investigate the March and April return calculations.

optionman
07-29-2008, 07:51 AM
I have examined the returns reported in the autotracker from May 5th to July 25th and the calculations performed by autotracker are correct when compared with IFT entries in a spreadsheet. The total return for this period was -0.63% (5 May-25 July). On May 5th your YTD return reported in autotracker was 6.20% and on July 25th your YTD return reported in the autotracker was +5.53%. If their are return error(s) they occurred prior to May 1st. The May, June, and July calculations in autotracker are correct according to my calculations.

The attached PDF shows the IFT in autotracker and the spreadsheet return calculations. If you believe there remains a return issue with your account, I will have to investigate the March and April return calculations.

EW--Thanks, I would appreciate if you investigate further. As of today I'm showing a YTD return of +7.71%. From 17 January (when autotracker started tracking my IFTs) I show a return of +6.11%. I've checked all of my IFT dates and the NAVs on those dates and everything is correct in my tracker. Thanks.

tsptalk
11-25-2008, 09:52 AM
ocean -

kar krazy noticed a discrepancy on the C fund's memeber page (http://www.tsptalk.com/tracker/tsp_user_returns_daily.php?user=C_fund). It should be down 40.79% (COB 11/24) not the 39.92% that is displayed.

Do you think I can just update the current dollar amount in the C-fund's balance to correct it, or would it be better to check day by day to find the discrepancy?

Thanks.

ocean
11-27-2008, 05:28 AM
Tom,

Please go with the returns stated in The Members ranking page. The individual member page is not accurate.

Update the dollar amount for one day will not help to correct the individual page since the calculation is based on the entire year plus 2007. As 2008 will end soon, I will fix and reset the member individual page starting in 2009.

Thanks and have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Ocean

tsptalk
11-27-2008, 11:19 AM
Thanks and have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Same to you ocean!

ocean
12-13-2008, 12:35 PM
2008 is almost coming to the end. Hope everyone did have a wonderful year and continue to do better in the years to come in every aspect.

I hope everyone enjoy using the Autotracker. As the size of the database grows, I probably will start a new database table for 2009 and archive the 2008 and earlier data somewhere in other pages.

I will try to make some enhancements such as sorting features as some members suggested. On the other hand, I have not touched the tracker code for over 6 months now, so it will take me some time to refresh what I had done earlier.

In the meanwhile, wish you all have a happy holiday season.

Ocean

Spaf
12-13-2008, 01:07 PM
THANK YOU Ocean----Have a great holiday----:)

tsptalk
12-13-2008, 01:10 PM
Sounds good ocean. We really appreciate all you have done. The autotracker was a great addition to the site in 2008!

nnuut
12-13-2008, 01:10 PM
Thanks much Ocean, we really appreciate your contributions to the site!:D

Show-me
12-13-2008, 01:49 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you, and Merry Christmas!

poolman
12-13-2008, 02:39 PM

Ocean, Thank you for all your hard work. You know I appreciate it.

Thanks!

McDuck
12-18-2008, 10:39 AM
(http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/../tracker/tsp_user_returns_daily.php?user=nasa1974)

Did nasa1974 record his 3rd IFT this month but decreased his G-fund percentage?

tsptalk
12-18-2008, 11:16 AM
It looks like it greg. I would assume this is an adjustment because his actual account has shifted percentages because of gains and losses in the various funds.

I will ask him what his intention was and see if the IFT may have to be removed.

We've had one or two members who have gone over the limit and we are working on how to deal with the situation. Taking into consideration the extensive coding involved with actually implementing limits in ocean's software, we may just make the member ineligible for any prizes and mark the account in the tallies accordingly.

Thanks.

KevinD
12-18-2008, 11:47 AM
It's SB's <1%...

nnuut
12-18-2008, 12:16 PM
EXACTLY, looks like he did one on 12-18-08!! I did one today just to see if it would work and it did!!:D

tsptalk
12-18-2008, 12:29 PM
It's SB's <1%...
That's what it was. I would strongly discourage folks from doing that in the autotracker. It's affect is minimal on your monthly / annual return. We're just tying to run a monthly contest and these tiny transfers would load up our database much more quickly if everyone did it, and there is more room for errors.

If anyone is doing this in their TSP accounts, and wants to see a more accurate depiction of their return, including using deposit info, I would encourage you to use Scout's spreadsheet, which can be found here... www.tsptalk.com/utilities.html (http://www.tsptalk.com/utilities.html)

Thanks for understanding!

nnuut
12-18-2008, 12:36 PM
That was my first and last, really can't see much to gain so why do it?:worried:

poolman
12-18-2008, 12:38 PM

Good Eye.... Let's keep it Real... :)

tsptalk
12-18-2008, 01:16 PM

It is actually a valid transfer, but we really don't want these done on the autotracker. See my post above for more.

ocean
12-30-2008, 07:18 AM
I am going to work on the new database between Jan 1 and Jan 4 and perform some maintenance on the tracker. During this period, the tracker may not function properly and I will post another update here to let you know when the tracker is ready.

Basically the new database will start with a clean stat with "0" returns beginning Jan 1, 2009 for all members. I will try to archive the 2008 data somewhere so members can view it (properly I will get to it in the next couple of weeks).

EW, Tom:
Please retrieve the Dec results from the tracker for your separate monthly reporting once I update the Dec 31 results.

Happy New Year to you all.

Ocean

tsptalk
12-30-2008, 10:38 AM
EW, Tom:
Please retrieve the Dec results from the tracker for your separate monthly reporting once I update the Dec 31 results.
Will do. If you wouldn't mind throwing a quick PM to EW and myself when the Wednesday prices are updated - just in case. It will be New Years Eve and I am easily distracted when there's partying going on. :)

Thanks and Happy New Year!

ocean
01-02-2009, 08:10 AM
A new database table for returns tracking has been created for 2009 to reduce the file size. The previous tracking table (prior 2008-12-31) was archived and the new link is:

http://www.tsptalk.com/tracker/tsp_user_balance_returns_2008.php

Use the "View a specific date 'yyyy-mm-dd'" feature on that page and enter 2008-12-31 to view the 2008 YTD returns.

The link is also listed under the page footnote.

Enjoy and Happy New Year

Ocean

poolman
01-02-2009, 08:34 AM
A new database table for returns tracking has been created for 2009 to reduce the file size. The previous tracking table (prior 2008-12-31) was archived and the new link is:

http://www.tsptalk.com/tracker/tsp_user_balance_returns_2008.php

Use the "View a specific date 'yyyy-mm-dd'" feature on that page and enter 2008-12-31 to view the 2008 YTD returns.

The link is also listed under the page footnote.

Enjoy and Happy New Year

Ocean

Very Nice Ocean, It works great.

Thanks for all your hard work. I can relate being a programmer for 9 years. :)

Poolman

ocean
01-02-2009, 08:58 AM
Very Nice Ocean, It works great.

Thanks for all your hard work. I can relate being a programmer for 9 years. :)

Poolman

Thanks Poolman and your understanding. It is not an easy duty because everything that I work with is a live data. One mistake can wipe out the entire database or need to take a whole weekend to fix it (yes, I have backup data). I spent my New Year day yesterday to race the clock to have it change over and tested it. When I update the closing price tonight, I will see if everything works correctly or not.

Ocean

tsptalk
01-02-2009, 09:57 AM
Amazing job ocean! Thanks!

ocean
01-02-2009, 11:15 PM
I encountered some problem with the new tracker database table and it may be huge. Please bear with me and I may need to go back to the original database table.

Ocean

alevin
01-03-2009, 12:08 AM
thank you for being there in the background so constantly, Ocean. We tend to take the tracker for granted and you too when it works as intended, tend to forget we owe you greatly for making sure it works.

XL-entLady
01-03-2009, 07:41 AM
Ocean, it seemed like I learned new words every time I designed a new spreadsheet template. I can't even imagine what it would be like to have to get a database like this bug-free and operational. We will be as patient as you need us to be, and we thank you sincerely for your hard work and expertise!

Lady

ocean
01-03-2009, 11:17 AM
Thanks folks.

The problem has been fixed. I will confirm that after I update the coming Monday closing fund prices.

Ocean

poolman
01-03-2009, 11:25 AM
Thanks folks.

The problem has been fixed. I will confirm that after I update the coming Monday closing fund prices.

Ocean

Hello Ocean,

If you are sorting on YTD 2009 it does not appear to be correct ?

http://www.tsptalk.com/tracker/tsp_user_balance_all.php

ATCJeff
01-03-2009, 11:58 AM
Thanks Ocean for all you do and Happy New Year!

Jeff

ocean
01-04-2009, 08:47 AM
Thanks Jeff and Happy New Year.

Poolman,

The sorting routine calculation was based on the previous year balance index. It's somewhat off from the current year index. It will take some time to get it fixed but it can be done.

However, I just wanted to let all the autotracker members know that I'd informed Tom yesterday that I will be leaving the autotracker duty as my day job schedule, TDYs and among other things are taking a lot of my time and I need to take a break.

I started to design and write the autotracker 18 months ago and I'm glad that it gets this far and most of you are enjoy using it. Thanks for all the feedback, comments and supports for making it happen. The tracker is still have a lot of potential and room for improvement. I hope Tom will get a good and experience person to take over (yourself included).

I will do the fund price update tomorrow night to confirm if the new database table works correctly or not. Tom will take over the tracker duty after that. For future technical questions related to the tracker, please contact Tom or someone who will be stepping it.

Meanwhile, I enjoy being a part of the TSPTalk family for the last 3 years.

Best regards,
Ocean

nnuut
01-04-2009, 09:02 AM
Thanks for everything you've done for the site Ocean. I know how much time you put into the Tracker and have done a GREAT JOB. Thanks again and I hope you will take time to visit us and add your input to the Message Board.
Norman:D

McDuck
01-04-2009, 12:40 PM
Ocean, Thanks for creating the Auto Tracker.

tsptalk
01-07-2009, 02:40 AM
The autotracker (http://www.tsptalk.com/tsp-tracker.html) is currently down for maintenance. If you need to make a transaction for the contest, please Email (or PM) me your username and allocation changes for now. We will enter them later for you. The date and time on your email will be your timestamp.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Tom

nasa1974
01-07-2009, 05:30 AM
I would also like to thank you Ocean for the time you spent on the tracker. Good luck with your day job.

nasa1974
01-08-2009, 12:16 PM
Is there a timeline for when the Tracker and IFT tracker will be up and running:confused: Thanks.

tsptalk
01-08-2009, 04:15 PM
When Thomas Edison was asked how it was that he was able to get a light bulb to work, he said he ran out of things that didn't work.

That's where I am. :) I will get it going perhaps later today, maybe not until this weekend.

For now, send the emails or PM's. I'll eneter them all in once I have it working correctly.

Sorry folks.

Steadygain
01-08-2009, 04:26 PM
When Thomas Edison was asked how it was that he was able to get a light bulb to work, he said he ran out of things that didn't work.

That's where I am. :) I will get it going perhaps later today, maybe not until this weekend.

For now, send the emails or PM's. I'll eneter them all in once I have it working correctly.

Sorry folks.

Thank you Tom!!

BTW - any idea what happened with 350z or 12% :confused:

sometimes I just want to pick on someone and I miss them :p:nuts:

tsptalk
01-08-2009, 04:56 PM
Thank you Tom!!

BTW - any idea what happened with 350z or 12% :confused:

sometimes I just want to pick on someone and I miss them :p:nuts:
You're welcome Steady.

12% basically signed off saying something like, see you in a year, meaning he's stuck in stocks for the year.

I'm not sure where 350z went. He seems to leave once in a while. Perhaps it is job related or something. Maybe a vacation? Hopefully it's nothing more than that.

nasa1974
01-08-2009, 05:25 PM

Sorry folks.

Sorry Tom ,

I didn't mean to come off sounding rude. I was just courious. I am working on an XL spreadsheet for SB to see how the <1% IFT's work. I would imagine the Tracker is a bit more complicated. :laugh:

tsptalk
01-08-2009, 05:35 PM
You didn't sound rude nasa. I'm just frustrated - spinning my wheels. Just when I think I have it - I don't. I could probably use one of those rocket scientists at nasa. Know any? :D

Ocean's program is pretty complex. The work he put into it is unreal.

Any PHP / MySQL programmers out there need a job? :)

poolman
01-08-2009, 05:48 PM
You didn't sound rude nasa. I'm just frustrated - spinning my wheels. Just when I think I have it - I don't. I could probably use one of those rocket scientists at nasa. Know any? :D

Ocean's program is pretty complex. The work he put into it is unreal.

Any PHP / MySQL programmers out there need a job? :)

I understand your frustration Tom. I pick up on programming pretty fast. I programmed using RPGII, on a System36 then a System38. Screen's were a whole other program SDA.

I downloaded PHP and started looking at the Code and said to myself, No I don't have the time right now.

If it were me I would Hire a PHP programmer. You tell him/her what you want and they make it work under contract. They get paid final portion after program has run for 45 day's.

Just trying to Help... :)

tsptalk
01-08-2009, 07:19 PM
OK, the tracker is back in working order. That is, you can enter IFT's.

As you will notice, there are still issues with the some of the accounts and I will work on them one by one. But for now, you can input your transfers again, and the returns should be OK now.

If you see any problems, let me know.

I did input the IFT's that were emailed or PM'ed to me.

Thanks for your patience, and sorry about the inconvenience.

nasa1974
01-08-2009, 07:41 PM
Tom,

You are the best.

XL-entLady
01-08-2009, 07:54 PM
Woohoo! We really missed it! Thanks! :cool: :cool:

Lady

Rod
01-08-2009, 08:07 PM
Tom & Ocean- Thank you both for your hard work and support.

KevinD
01-08-2009, 08:37 PM
Thanks for all the hard work and dedication. This site is the best.

wv-girl
01-08-2009, 09:27 PM
Thanks for all the hard work and dedication. This site is the best.
Ditto:)

TSPinWV
01-13-2009, 01:22 PM
Tom,

You are the best.

Couldn't agree more. Many thanks, Tom. :D

tsptalk
01-20-2009, 06:55 PM
I see today's daily returns (1/20/09) is showing up as 0% for everyone. The annual, week to date, and month to date are accurate and todays' week to date would equal today's daily return, and that can be found here ...

http://www.tsptalk.com/tracker/tsp_user_balance_returns.php (http://www.tsptalk.com/tracker/tsp_user_balance_returns.php)

It must be related to the holiday so I expect it to correct itself tomorrow.

poolman
01-28-2009, 09:52 AM
Color change maybe ?

http://www.tsptalk.com/tracker/tsp_user_balance_all.php

FUTURESTRADER
02-11-2009, 07:36 PM
yikes...autotracker problem?...'contrarianjeff' is entire tracker

tsptalk
02-11-2009, 08:08 PM
Thanks. I will fix it.

tsptalk
02-17-2009, 07:47 PM
The tracker tallies look a little screwy tonight, and I believe it has to do with the holiday. It happened in January as well. Since the next holiday isn't until the end of May, I probably won't make fixing this a priority unless it does not fix itself tomorrow.

poolman
02-19-2009, 11:24 AM
Hey Tom,

Thanks for fixing the Tracker last night. I saw you working on it.

Was it the Holiday that messed with it ?

tsptalk
02-19-2009, 11:35 AM
You're welcome poolman. It actually ended up not being the holiday, although the holiday does still mess up the daily return for a day. When I worked on the new program version this past weekend, I had loaded an old version of one of the modules and it had 2007-12-31 set as the ending date for last year instead of 2008-12-31. :embarrest:

poolman
02-19-2009, 11:39 AM
You're welcome poolman. It actually ended up not being the holiday, although the holiday does still mess up the daily return for a day. When I worked on the new program version this past weekend, I had loaded an old version of one of the modules and it had 2007-12-31 set as the ending date for last year instead of 2008-12-31. :embarrest:

Awww, I see

Your doing great with it. Thanks again. :)

Intrepid_Timer
12-17-2010, 08:52 PM
Something appears to be wrong with the tracker..................:(

tsptalk
12-17-2010, 09:05 PM
I'm working on it tonight. I am trying to speed up portions of it that are slow. I have been processing the data, restoring, processing, etc., in an effort to test.

Intrepid_Timer
12-17-2010, 09:40 PM
Oh ok, thanks! Don't stay up late!!! :)

KevinD
06-08-2011, 06:22 PM
:blink: Tracker's gone whacko... :blink:

KevinD
06-08-2011, 06:36 PM
All better now... 14110

tsptalk
06-09-2011, 09:37 AM
:blink: Tracker's gone whacko... :blink:

Sorry, I was trying something new with the rank # along the right side. Someone commented, suggesting that when it is sorted by username the rank should not be from 1 thru 700, for example, but rather show their rank # by return.

It didn't work as I first tried. As people dropped off the tracker (get hidden for not logging in) they show up as missing on the AT standings, so that's why you saw gaps.

A work in progress.