PDA

View Full Version : trades

watch and learn
09-15-2004, 02:11 PM
When you do your trade and it goes into affect the next business day, what share price do you get? Is it the close of the business that closed before the trade or the open of the first day your in?:?

azanon
09-15-2004, 02:42 PM
Think about it :dude:. I wish it was the former cause if the market crashed, i'd make sure and sell everything during the day.

watch and learn
09-15-2004, 03:16 PM
No, you could not do that as you have to be in or out before 11 to be in the next day. So you do not know where the stock market will be. The reason I ask this question is I did a trade. It went into affect we will say on the 10th. The 9th took a beating and the 10th the market started a lot higher. So do I watch the market from the Close of the 9th or the opening of the 10th?:?

Spaf
09-15-2004, 04:51 PM
You can kind of do both. Thats what I do. However, I learned that sometimes you might not get through if close to 11 am. You could always post transactions early,and cancell before 11 am? Sometimes I have noticed a gap, in the processing where my transaction doesn't appear, but later shows up.

tsptalk
09-15-2004, 06:59 PM
watch and learn wrote:
No, you could not do that as you have to be in or out before 11 to be in the next day. So you do not know where the stock market will be. The reason I ask this question is I did a trade. It went into affect we will say on the 10th. The 9th took a beating and the 10th the market started a lot higher. So do I watch the market from the Close of the 9th or the opening of the 10th?:?
Close of the 9th.

Welcome watch!
Tom

watch and learn
09-17-2004, 04:06 PM
Thanks for the answer. That will help me.:^ Don't know how to give Mana but that deserves one.

09-30-2004, 12:29 PM
watch and learn wrote:
When you do your trade and it goes into affect the next business day, what share price do you get? Is it the close of the business that closed before the trade or the open of the first day your in?:?Actually, if you make the transaction before noon est, you get the price of the fund at the end of that day. If you make it after 12:00pm est. you get the price of the fund at the end of the next day.