PDA

View Full Version : Marketimer Leaving This Board

09-15-2004, 10:56 AM
Take care TSPers.

You have a great board and I do not want to cause conflicts.

Tom has a good outlook and handle on the markets.

God bless you all.

MT siging off :cool:

eukrate
09-15-2004, 02:06 PM
Nice job mlk_man. Drive away those with ideas and leave only the noisy ones that agree with each other. That'll help the quality of the board's posts

Rod
09-15-2004, 02:40 PM
Hey MT!:D Not so fast!!! You still have to answer my reply!!!;)

MT, I believe you are ignoring the ordering rules... even as they pertain to nonqualified distributions (under 5 years). That said, I would like for you to comment on the following fact sheet on the ROTH IRAfrom a Credit Union:

"Nonqualified distributions may be taxable and subject to a 10% early distribution penalty. Distributions are subject to ordering rules. Any distribution from a Roth IRA is considered to come from contributory funds first. Nonqualified distributions from contributory funds can be made tax-free and are not subject to the 10% IRS penalty. After contributory funds are depleted, withdrawals are considered to come from conversion funds. A nonqualified distribution of nontaxable preconversion assets (nondeductible contributions made to a Traditional IRA) will not be taxable and will not be subject to the 10% IRS penalty. A nonqualified distribution of taxable preconversion assets (deductible contributions made to a Traditional IRA) will not be taxable or subject to the 10% IRS penalty if it meets the 5 year test. After contributory funds and conversion funds are depleted distributions are considered to come from earnings. Any earnings withdrawn as a nonqualified distribution will be taxable and must be included in income. These earnings will be subject to the 10% early distibution penalty unless the distribution was made for one the the following reasons: death of the IRA owner, owner is over 59 ½, the IRA owner is permanently or totally disabled, the funds are used for a first-home purchase, to pay education expenses, to pay health insurance or medical expenses."

http://www.psecu.com/Products_Services/Accounts/IRA/Roth/

tsptalk
09-15-2004, 07:01 PM
eukrate wrote:
Nice job mlk_man. Drive away those with ideas and leave only the noisy ones that agree with each other. That'll help the quality of the board's posts
Welcome back eukrate!

tsptalk
09-15-2004, 07:04 PM
MarketTimer wrote:
MT siging off :cool:

Come, come now. Can't we all just get along? :?

pyriel
11-25-2004, 09:03 PM
You guys are all crazy... And fun... And funny... And informative... etc. etc. etc...

11-25-2004, 11:25 PM
eukrate wrote:
Nice job mlk_man. Drive away those with ideas and leave only the noisy ones that agree with each other. That'll help the quality of the board's postsSorry, didn't notice this post before. Your welcome. Didn't realize I was the "only" one with a problem with MT..............but every "idea" he had was after the fact........Are you saying there is no "quality" to the board now? Hmmmmm