PDA

View Full Version : Transfer to 100% S

tsptalk
03-16-2004, 12:09 AM
Going to a 100% S fund allocation effective Wednesday.

See market comments for details. http://www.tsptalk.com/comments.html.

Tom

puertorico
03-16-2004, 01:27 AM
why out of IFUND ? .somthing wrong ?

I have 35% in eafe index !:shock:

k2ds
03-16-2004, 07:34 AM
I agree with you Tom. Time to ope out of the "I" for now.

Went all in on the "S" too.

tsptalk
03-16-2004, 09:51 AM
puertorico -

I am also 50% in the I fund today. This takes affect tomorrow. It may not be the best timing as I mention in the comments, but the rising U.S. dollar has been holding the I fund back lately. I'd hate to miss the U.S. market rebounds because of that.

Tom

puertorico
03-16-2004, 10:20 AM
Today 30-C 35-S -35-I

ICertainlyWILLGET ABOARDthe S fund and C for tomorrow and

out of I.

Thanks Tom for the tips.

:cool:OK

Wheels
03-16-2004, 10:39 AM
Might be a good day to get out of the I. I'm looking for big gains in the I today. The EFA (which by the way Tom, I'm more convinced than ever is the ticker we should be watching to track the I) is up well over a percent plus the dollar is well down vs the yen and the euro. I'm not sure about the move into S & C though. That's where I am right now and I am getting cold feet. Today's volume is so thin, it makes me wonder if the bull's are really back in charge.

Dave

tsptalk
03-16-2004, 11:15 AM
The low volume today could change after Greenspan talks. <--- hopeful thinking . If you are nervous, maybe that's a good sign. :)

I was concerned, but not surprised,that Japan closed down last night. I am still not sure when the Far East markets prices are considered for the I fund. I always assumed that the overnight markets' action was reflected in the following day's EAFE and I fund price. But we had an article posted on this board somewhere that made it sound as ifthey "guess" after our markets close about the Asian markets in order to come up with a price for the newspapers. Then adjust the following day.

But I have seen many instances where our markets were up big and the following day the I fund was up big, hence my I fund strategy. Perhaps that was an illusion caused by the falling dollar over the last year. To be honest, I'm not really certain how it actually works.

Tom

Wheels
03-16-2004, 03:51 PM
I got cold feet. I bailed back into the G just before noon. If 1105 and 1940 hold as the bottom for the S&P and the Nasdaq respectively, then I may miss out on some nice gains for the rest of the week. In fact, if you check my earlier posts, you'll see where I thought that Thursday might have been the conclussion of the correction that the market has been looking for. So why have I changed my tune? Jobs, valuations, thin volume on up days, terrorism (especially when it works like it did in Spain)...The market has been SOOO volatile the few days and even weeks, I'm going to let it settle out for a bit and then re-evaluate.

Good luck to those that have jumped in effective tomorrow.

Dave

tsptalk
03-16-2004, 04:04 PM
May be a wise move (to re-evaluate) but I am commited at this point. After missing the rally in January and catching some of the fall Thursday and Monday, I'll have to continue to go with my indicators andthe oversold condition, and stick it out.

Did you see that volume pick up at the end of the day? Almost 2 billion traded on the Nasdaq after a slow start. Not bad.