PDA

View Full Version : TSP Retirement Seminars

Wolverine
07-03-2007, 08:39 AM
Just a few general questions about these for anyone who has more insight and all.

Where is the best source to keep track of individual States and their schedule of TSP retirement seminars?

Who does these?

Is it by those within the Government or others who do them from the outside?

Are there certain Websites that have these all consolidated so as to keep up with it all?

I have seen where I work over the years they have posted a seminar which covers a wide area and dates and all. If one does not keep up on the postings or does not hear the poop about them...lol...from others you can miss it completely.

Looking for some more direct sources away from the workplace is what I am getting at.

Thanks for any info with this and thanks again to all.

tsptalk
07-03-2007, 09:58 AM
There was a web site that promoted a seminar that was available on DVD. I had my boss order one for us. It was $150. I don't believe we received it yet and I can't for the life of me remember the website where I saw it. I have the info on my work computer but unfortunately, not here.

FundSurfer
07-03-2007, 10:40 AM
Where is the best source to keep track of individual States and their schedule of TSP retirement seminars?

Who does these?

Is it by those within the Government or others who do them from the outside?

Are there certain Websites that have these all consolidated so as to keep up with it all?

I don't think there is any one good source of when seminars are given except to find a website of contractors and find out when/where they are giving seminars.

The ones I've gone to have been sponsored by my agency. My agency paid a private contractor to put on a course for a group of people. There were some folks who attended who heard about the seminar from the contractor. I also know of some folks who could not go to the contracted seminar because of conflict and they were sent to an out of town seminar.

Contractors are typically retired Feds who used to work in these areas. I do know that there are some government instructors who put on the course but I have heard that the contractors do a better job.

Wolverine
07-04-2007, 10:45 AM
Thanks...Tom.....FundSurfer

Since I have been at this board I had saved to favorites about 4 billion sites of things and all. LOL

I went through them to see if I had saved anything related to this.

I did have these four sites saved.

http://www.Fedsmart.us/products/products.html

http://www.Snow-cap.com

http://www.Nitpinc.com

http://www.Narfe.org/departments/hq/guest/articles.cfm?ID=405

Being that I am looking for those who do them specifically in the State I live in, maybe if one calls OPM to see if they have info on specifics of these seminars and the different ones who do them.

These ones I listed would be a start to go through and see where they schedule and all.

I am sure there are different variations of these also.

I would want the one who has the best current info and resources and the people doing them with the best background of what is what and all.

This is something in the future yet and not an immediate concern.

Anyhoo, it is something to keep tabs on with all who do these and see who fits where with the best schedule and all also.

Just thought I would pass along and thanks again to all.

Zebra
08-24-2007, 12:24 PM
I attend a FERs retirement seminar in May. I registered for it 6 months prior. The agency I work for uses SATERN (Online Training System), but yours may use something else. Anyway I surfed this training site until I came across the seminar.

I've posted on this subject before, but I will say again........it is well worth going, lots of good information. Our seminar permitted bringing spouses as well so they could see and hear same info. I don't know the standard course lenght, but our was three full days!

Good luck and have fun!

tsptalk
08-24-2007, 12:45 PM
Wow, 3 days. Lots of info. What did that cost?

Thanks.