PDA

View Full Version : Any newsletter geeks out there?

2moryrs
06-29-2007, 05:01 PM
I need to produce a one to two page newsletter that can be sent out to approximately 25 people via email. I am allowed to use my work computer due to a consultative agreement. So those are my only choices as far as programs go.

The TSP Talk members are so wise and knowing I thought I would check here for help. (Smile)

fabijo
06-30-2007, 07:56 AM
So those are my only choices as far as programs go.

What are your only choices?

How complex do you want the newsletter? What kind of layout are you pursuing - columns, no columns, pictures, charts, etc? Are you using standard 8.5 x 11 size? Are you planning on making it HTML since it is email? Or are you looking for a Word document or PDF document?

2moryrs
08-18-2011, 06:49 PM
Okay, so its only been ummm ... four years! And I still would like to produce an emailable newsletter to save on postage costs for the organization. I don't know what program to use. I can make a word document, I do not have the ability to create PDF docs. What else could I do without purchasing a new program?

Bquat
08-18-2011, 06:54 PM
Okay, so its only been ummm ... four years! And I still would like to produce an emailable newsletter to save on postage costs for the organization. I don't know what program to use. I can make a word document, I do not have the ability to create PDF docs. What else could I do without purchasing a new program?

Under word can't you use save as: and choose PDF?

malyla
08-18-2011, 07:17 PM
Hi. There's a freeprogram out there called CutePDF (http://cutepdf.com/). Pick the free download which allows you to "print" anything to a pdf.

I use it all the time.

alevin
08-18-2011, 08:05 PM
Hi. There's a freeprogram out there called CutePDF (http://cutepdf.com/). Pick the free download which allows you to "print" anything to a pdf.

I use it all the time.

+1 Malyla. Amazing how much is out on the web we don't know we don't know about that we'd like to know about. woohoo!

RealMoneyIssues
08-18-2011, 09:13 PM
Malyla beat me to it, but I have been using PDF995 for years and love it :D
http://www.pdf995.com

PessOptimist
08-18-2011, 11:03 PM
It's possible that "work" will not let you install freeware on it's computer. Word 93 and newer will allow you to save as a .pdf only if reader is installed on the computer. Adobe reader is free. Word does do columns. Good luck. What's this news letter about?

2moryrs
10-01-2012, 11:35 AM
Thanks for all the ideas. I no longer work (retired) so I am now free to look for free programs.
The newsletter will be for my local chapter of Oregon Hunters Association. We advocate for hunter's rights, wild life habitat and protection for future generations (protection from wolves, cougars, bears, coyotes), and hunter safety and education for youth and new hunters.
Did not know you could produce PDF docs without Adobe program. Will check out the suggestions given. Again, thank you!

nnuut
10-01-2012, 07:47 PM
How about protecting the people from the wolves, cougars, bears, coyotes?

2moryrs
11-05-2012, 11:13 PM
Well, yeah, protecting deer, elk, antelope FROM wolves, coyotes, cougars, bears! We now have 3 known wolf packs established in OR. Plus a possible 4th wolf looking to establish a pack.

konakathy
11-05-2012, 11:55 PM
How about protecting the people from the wolves, cougars, bears, coyotes?

What's yer problem with cougars? ;)

burrocrat
11-06-2012, 05:49 AM
What's yer problem with cougars? ;)

it's tiring trying to outrun the wheelchairs.

nnuut
11-06-2012, 08:27 AM
Cougars really like Hikers!