PDA

View Full Version : any graphics gurus out there?

mailmanusa
06-12-2007, 05:22 AM
I have sketched out a rough picture for a company logo. How do I get it cleaned up and in digital form so I can get it trademarked and utilize it? Can it be done with a simple computor program? Anyone out there have such a program? I can email a pic of my sketch. Thanks:)

ChemEng
06-12-2007, 07:51 AM
Before you buy anything, you should give GIMP a try. Its a free version of Photoshop with much of the same functionality.

Link: www.gimp.org (http://www.gimp.org)

Good luck!

mailmanusa
06-12-2007, 02:55 PM
Cool...I'll give it a try. Come to think of it the software form my SD card reader came with a free demo copy of Photoshop 2.0. Maybe that will do what I need.

gphill
06-12-2007, 04:24 PM
Give XARA. com a look! I have many of their programs and they do a ok job.
gphill

fabijo
06-12-2007, 11:22 PM
I guess I was thinking Adobe Illustrator is better suited for a logo, but that costs some money. If you don't really have much to your logo, you could just as easily open up the scanned file in Paint, which comes with Windows. Then just use the lines, circles, and brush to trace it and use whatever colors you want.

mailmanusa
06-13-2007, 05:03 AM
My logo is very simple. Its basically a configuration of straight bold black lines. Since its sketched with a pencil its a tad rough and not totally semetrical. I have taken a picture of it and have it on file. If I could find a program that could glance at my sketched image and just clean it up, thats all I really need. Are there any programs out there that can do that or will I have to reconstruct it using other graphic tools?

mailmanusa
06-29-2007, 10:45 AM
Fabijo helped me get my logo togeather. It looks great. Thanks fabijo:-)

fabijo
06-30-2007, 07:52 AM
Thanks for the creds, mailmanusa. The true hero is my wife - she knew exactly how to adjust the lines and fonts.