PDA

View Full Version : Russia: The New N. Korea.

Fivetears
05-31-2007, 11:20 AM
U.S. "imperialism" means new arms race: Putin
Speaking a week before he meets leaders of the Group of Eight (G-8) industrial nations in Germany, Putin said Russia's tests on Tuesday of a two new missiles were a direct response to U.S. moves to create a missile defense system. "We are not the initiators of this new round of the arms race," Putin told a joint Kremlin news conference with visiting Greek President Karolos Papoulias. "There is no need to fear Russia's actions: they are not aggressive," he said. "They are a mere response to harsh and groundless unilateral actions by our partners and are aimed at maintaining the balance of forces in the world."
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070531/ts_nm/russia_usa_missile_dc_3

rokid
05-31-2007, 02:00 PM
No more unipolar world. We'll have to get used to it. :cool:

SkyPilot
05-31-2007, 02:01 PM
Miss the Cold War....

Fivetears
05-31-2007, 02:34 PM
I just see another "threatening" hand sticking out for the American Taxpayers dollar.

What's in your wallet?

Bullitt
07-01-2007, 08:29 PM
Funny thing is, I'm sure quite a few former KGB and Russian Scientists are taxpayers today in the US as many have fled the mess abroad for a life of prosperity in America.

However, the part that isn't funny is that there have to be a few rogue Russian Scientists, KGB and Spetsnaz out there 'for hire' who are still trying to play 'The Spy that Came in From the Cold' with their new comrades in the likes of Syria, Egypt, Iran, etc. There's really no way of putting a number on it but I doubt every one of those guys just hung it up when the Berlin wall toppled.