PDA

View Full Version : Questions 01

Spaf
09-07-2004, 10:53 PM
Questions! Mr. Tom

1. Website: Replys. How do you post the quote from a reply so that it says i.e.,

So and so says (and then the enclosed box around the quote)?

2. Allocations: How do you come up with your allocations i.e., S=70, I=30? Do you have some sort of formula?

3.Indicators: Sometimes you say your indicators tell you to do this and that in regards to the market. What are you referring to?

I'm just curious?

tsptalk
09-07-2004, 11:58 PM
Spaf wrote:
Questions! Mr. Tom

1. Website: Replys. How do you post the quote from a reply so that it says i.e.,

So and so says (and then the enclosed box around the quote)?

Instead of hitting Reply, hit "Quote".

2. Allocations: How do you come up with your allocations i.e., S=70, I=30? Do you have some sort of formula?

Nothing scientific.When I'm being aggressive I get in the S and I fundsrather than C, and depending onhow the dollar is doing, I decide which which one (S or I) to use heavier. I'll use C if the small caps start lagging.

3. Indicators: Sometimes you say your indicators tell you to do this and that in regards to the market. What are you referring to?
Good question. I don't mention them enough...
The main ones are the ARMS 10 day moving average, the put/call ratios, Rydex fund ratios, the McClellan Oscillator (overbought/oversold indicators), moving averages, bullish/bearish sentiment numbers, new highs/new lows breadth indicators, volume.

The three legs of the bull market are:

Valuation - which compares S&P 500 forward earning vs. the 10 year treasury note yield.

Psychology - which is basically market sentiment

Monetary Conditions - availability of money like interest rates, MZM money supply, yield curve, etc.

Spaf
09-08-2004, 01:00 AM
Thanks.......................:i