PDA

View Full Version : X Files

09-04-2004, 10:24 AM
TSPers,

Question? Who do you think started the "we caught Osama" and a "gang buster job report" rumour on Thursday around 2 pm.

The timing of this was very interesting prior to the close of the RNC and the miss on the job report the next day.

MT

Interesting:

Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:14 pm Post subject: re: Osama to be paraded as a victory after GOP Convention

We have received reports from sources that Pakistani security forces have captured Osama bin Laden.

According to these sources, bin Laden was captured not far from Chitral in the Northern part of Pakistan (between Chitral and Peshawar), approximately a month ago.. or longer..

The various reports suggested that two high level Al-Qaeda operatives were being held in Pakistan and it was believed that their capture was to be announced to coincide with the Republican convention. Whether one of these is Osama bin Laden is uncertain.

According to the US sources, the capture of the "Big Fish" will not be officially announced until sometime next month, in what was designed to "Headline" the news prior to the US elections.

Officially it was not annouced due to "security reasons".

--------------------------------------------

Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:09 pm Post subject: Osama to be paraded as a victory after GOP Convention

Everyone,

There is a huge rumor going around that Osama was caught.

Congressman suggests Bush hiding Osama

"There are already rumours circulating that Osama bin Laden is being held somewhere already and it's only that they are trying to decide what day they should bring him out," McDermott told Confederation of Indian Industry representatives at a luncheon in New Delhi on Thursday.

2004WorldNetDaily.com

In a speech to business leaders in India, Rep. Jim McDermott, D-Wash., gave credence to a rumor that the U.S. has captured Osama bin Laden and for political reasons is waiting for the right moment to reveal it, according to the Indo-Asian News Service.

"There are already rumours circulating that Osama bin Laden is being held somewhere already and it's only that they are trying to decide what day they should bring him out," McDermott told Confederation of Indian Industry representatives at a luncheon on Thursday.

FogSailing
04-17-2007, 12:01 PM
I really miss the X Files...those were the good ole days..

FS

hessian
07-09-2008, 06:39 PM
FogSailing, I loved the X-Files too (I guess it ended like all great series - with a movie!?) Anyway, any interest to resurrect this thread with postings of some X-theory/ideas?
...An interesting post, today, to which the answer is elusive:

Is something very wrong and inaccurate going on with the VIX?
There has been a rumor going around. Some are starting to say that the VIX "has been ruined by Hedge Funds and others, rendering it inaccurate".
Below is a 60 minute chart showing the VIX vs. the S&P 500. Although the S&P broke below its descending channel, the VIX remained pretty calm and did NOT spike up.
Should it have spiked up or not? See chart 2 ...
The VIX vs. the Leadership to Broad Market Stock Ratio ..
During the past year, there were three events where the spikes in both had occurred simultaneously as they should. There was one event last October where the timing was off, but none the less, there was a VIX spike. What is truly puzzling here, is what is currently happening.
We just had the largest, one year spike down on Leadership stocks, and the VIX had a meager rise WITH NO spike up. No wonder pit traders are not seeing their expected 30+ rise on the VIX, and wondering why it has not happened yet. Indeed, something very "suspicious" is going on here. :suspicious:
full post & charts, here; http://stocktiming.com/Wednesday-DailyMarketUpdate.htm

Frixxxx
07-09-2008, 07:01 PM
TSPers,

Question? Who do you think started the "we caught Osama" and a "gang buster job report" rumour on Thursday around 2 pm.

YOU!?!:cool:

hessian
07-09-2008, 07:11 PM
LOL, Frixxx, not me! - I'm not even sure who started this thread (2004?).
I only started last year! :nuts::nuts:
What about the VI- X -question below?
http://stocktiming.com/Wednesday-DailyMarketUpdate.htm

FogSailing
08-09-2008, 05:31 PM
The Truth Is Out There!!!:D:D

Please note VIX has an X in it..proof positiive..:nuts:

FS

Guest2
08-10-2008, 04:19 AM
Trust No One, Mr. Maulder !
(The shiney Black Door of his Lincoln closed and before you could say; Skully)
(The Car that costs three times my Government Salary, explodes into a ball of flames)
:cheesy:

FogSailing
08-12-2008, 10:39 AM
Love that episode SB..It was one of the best..Just saw the movie. I was disappointed...but I loved seeing maulder and Skully again..Guess I'm just a true blue X-Files fan..:D:D:D

FS

Guest2
08-12-2008, 10:50 AM
Love that episode SB..It was one of the best..Just saw the movie. I was disappointed...but I loved seeing maulder and Skully again..Guess I'm just a true blue X-Files fan..FS

FS, I love the characters too! Die Hard X-Files fans will find something
about the new movie to enjoy. But I heard it was disappointing too. It
was the plot (to my understanding) that hurt the flick. A continuation
of the last movie or TV series, ie..... Skully's Child......Maulders Revenge
of Abduction,,, Skully's Education of the Unknown,,,, etc,,,,etc,,, would
have been more effective and pleasing to its fans. I haven't seen the
darn thing yet, but maybe I'll wait for Christmas to own it. :)