PDA

View Full Version : Google how high

GUCHI
04-20-2007, 07:19 AM
:confused: would anyone care to give some info. on google and what it MIGHT do. i'm holding some that i picked up at $ 376, planned on long term, but thought i might sell on the high and buy back on ther low. i'm afraid that if i get out i won't be able to get back in at a lower price. :confused:

Bullitt
08-08-2007, 08:18 PM
You're up what now, like 75%? Time to ring out and move on. Stocks trade on forward earnings, not the past. GOOG has been moving because they've been giving such good forward guidance and blew out earnings every quarter. Missing this past quarter is a sign that the days of guaranteed blowouts are done. GOOG has plenty of good days ahead, but they are probably not going to keep rising yearly EPS enough to keep this stock trading where it is. I would never hold a non dividend paying stock long term, but I guess it's a matter of personal preference.

buda
10-09-2007, 11:43 AM
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=apq4BJXhU0_0&refer=home

Nice...Millionaires Made Daily

budnipper1
10-09-2007, 12:15 PM
:confused: would anyone care to give some info. on google and what it MIGHT do. i'm holding some that i picked up at $ 376, planned on long term, but thought i might sell on the high and buy back on ther low. i'm afraid that if i get out i won't be able to get back in at a lower price. :confused:

Google May Rise to $714, Introduce Phone

Options traders increased their bets that Google shares will reach $639 by the end of next week.
The price of the most-active contracts on Google shares, October $620 calls, rose 50 percent to $19. The stock price would need to exceed the combined price of the contract and the strike price before this month's options contracts expire on Oct. 19 in order for those wagers to pay off.

Bullish bets outnumbered bearish ones by more than 2-to-1. Calls give the right to buy a security for a certain amount, called the strike price, by a given date. Puts convey the right to sell.

Google is scheduled to report third-quarter earnings on Oct. 18. Analysts expect the company to report profit before some items of $3.73 a share, the average of 25 estimates compiled by Bloomberg.

I don't have a clue what that last paragraph means? Is it just me, or it that an incomplete sentence?
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=apq4BJXhU0_0&refer=home (http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=apq4BJXhU0_0&refer=home)

Bullitt
10-09-2007, 12:36 PM
Those articles should make it a bit easier for institutions to book profits on some over priced options in GOOG before earnings. In other words, Joe Sixpack has now entered the GOOG options trading arena.

phillyfed
10-25-2007, 05:47 PM
I got into Google at $420. The street loves this stock and I will ride it out. (My entire 10 share lot...LOL) They are about to bid on a monster Wireless frequency band worth Billions that will put them in the wireless game but need a strong Networking company that understands the Internet well. Thats where another stock Ive been long in for some time is rumored to come in. I wont name it thou. In my 1st post here, It was inferred I was pumping and dumping this particular stock I wont mention again. I was merely stating what the Co. CEO inferred at yesterdays earnings call. One of the must bullish calls I have ever heard from a Co. and this company has a reputation of being conservative on earnings est. and guidance.

Due to the ignorance in which I was greeted here, I'll simply read what I deem to be helpful to my TSP portfolio and keep my thoughts to myself.

GL to all!

nnuut
10-25-2007, 06:09 PM
Phillyfed welcome to the Message Board and best of luck with GGOOOOLE!!
Norman:D

phillyfed
10-25-2007, 06:34 PM
Phillyfed welcome to the Message Board and best of luck with GGOOOOLE!!
Norman:D

Thanks Nnutt. Ive been a long time lurker and now a premium subscriber. I'll stick to my favorite thread. The I fund and its interesting fair value manipulation :D

Bullitt
02-27-2008, 06:59 PM
Broke thru strong support at 500 earlier this week on the biggest volume day it's seen in nearly two years. Looks like it might get a bounce, but I think people have had it with Google. How much longer can the show last?

Maybe management will begin giving forward guidance if this stock gets any lower.

Bullitt
02-29-2008, 09:25 PM
Why Google's Surprising Paid Click Data Are Less Surprising.

http://www.comscore.com/blog/2008/02/why_googles_surprising_paid_click_data_are_less_su rprising.html

I just think that web surfers are getting smarter. Everybody knows by now that clicking on that ad next your search results won't help you find what you're looking for any faster!

Mike vB
11-20-2008, 02:18 PM
PLEASE say you sold this!!!

Today - $269.32

GUCHI
11-24-2008, 09:39 AM
mike vb
still holding, gonna have to look 4 the next out !!! whenever that will be ???