PDA

View Full Version : couldn't open website all day

GGal
04-11-2007, 05:41 PM
I could not open website all day at work. It would churn and churn, then finally get the screen that said SERVICE UNAVAILABLE, and something about possible firewall or dsn problems.

But I could open any other internet site!

What was that about?

Thanks
GA

EW_ret
04-11-2007, 06:24 PM
Sorry to hear you’re having internet problems. When I have problems with my DSL, I run the Test function on my wireless router. The problem of no internet always occurs after a AC power outage. We have a Netgear 614 router and Verizon DSL. I first access the router by entering its IP address (192.168.1.1) into my browser's address window. When the router setup screen comes up, I scroll down to the bottom of Basic Settings (under Setup) and click the Test button.

Another thing to try is reset the DSL modem, by depressing its reset button, or powering it off for few minutes, and then back on.

GGal
04-11-2007, 06:39 PM
Ew,
I think you miss fact that I was at work, in federal office, on their lan line.....there was nothing for me to reset.....

And, as I said, I was getting the internet, and any other site I wanted to go to, just could not open this site......

I can't imagine.

GA

ATCJeff
04-11-2007, 06:43 PM
Ew,
I think you miss fact that I was at work, in federal office, on their lan line.....there was nothing for me to reset.....

And, as I said, I was getting the internet, and any other site I wanted to go to, just could not open this site......

I can't imagine.

GA

Maybe the don't like Tom very much and decided to block his site.:(

EW_ret
04-11-2007, 06:52 PM
Please forgive me that I missed that important fact. I forget most of us have to work. All I can say is that I had no problem today and did not read that others had a problem accessing TSPTalk.com. Others have had this problem in the past. It can be due to blocking TSPTalk by government servers. If this problem continues daily that is what I would suspect.

GGal
04-11-2007, 06:56 PM
Well, that would make me unhappy to say the least.

GA

nnuut
04-11-2007, 07:12 PM
Ew,

I can't imagine.

GA
GG when you are on a Govt network, if they have problems, if you notice you can still get to all the Govt sites no problem. They will cut the bandwidth to other sites and save it for Govt sites, happens to me all the time especially around lunch time. People surf the NET at lunch and if they also have, let's say server problems it will cut the bandwidth to non Government sites to less than dial up!:D

ssafed
04-11-2007, 07:45 PM
I could not open website all day at work. It would churn and churn, then finally get the screen that said SERVICE UNAVAILABLE, and something about possible firewall or dsn problems.

But I could open any other internet site!

What was that about?

Thanks
GA
-------------------------
I had the same problem except I was at home. I got on tsptalk site this morning and opened Tom's commentary. Then I clicked to view trader system. It wouldn't open & after a few seconds the tsptalk site was thrown off. I could still go anywhere else on the web but could not ever get back on tsptalk site until late this afternoon.

nnuut
04-11-2007, 08:04 PM
Might be a DSL thingy? I've got Cox cable and no problem!:confused:

GGal
04-12-2007, 06:25 AM
GG when you are on a Govt network, if they have problems, if you notice you can still get to all the Govt sites no problem. They will cut the bandwidth to other sites and save it for Govt sites, happens to me all the time especially around lunch time. People surf the NET at lunch and if they also have, let's say server problems it will cut the bandwidth to non Government sites to less than dial up!:D

Nutt
You must be right on this. However, I could open Yahoo, and weather.com.

Hopefully will be working today.

Thanks
GA

nnuut
04-12-2007, 06:45 AM
Good IT Luck today!:D

tsptalk
04-12-2007, 10:46 AM
How are we doing today? Namor had a problem at work a couple of years ago and he was able to resolve it...

http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/showthread.php?t=1026

Scout333
04-12-2007, 04:08 PM
Working fine today!:)

GGal
04-12-2007, 07:57 PM
No problem today.....it was obviously an IRS thing.

speaking of which, hope everybody gets their return filed on time.

GA